Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

[...]

The AN/PRC-148 is a long range Radio capable of communication ranges that can give the AN/PRC-117F a run for its money. If you think that all long range Radio's are backpack mounted then you're a bit behind the times. If you need communication past that, you would need a re-transmission option.

[...]

No i don´t think so. But 20W transmission power are better then 5W

Thanks ;) Thats what i meen.

[...]

Vehicle Radio's are due at a later date.

[...]

Thanks for the info ;)

[...]

- Radios disappear from the inventory

[...]

Problem detected. The inventory was totally full

Edited by HG2012Trigger

I think I know what he is referring to.

In our community we sometimes had the issue that the 343 would randomly switch channels with no actual input by the user. So out of nowhere you would, for example, start broadcasting on channel 4 instead of channel 1. We were, however, unable to actually trace that error. Seems to be occuring randomly and not even in every mission we played. At the top of my head I would estimate the occurence to maybe once in every five missions.

If that occurs I need the server RPT and the client RPTs. If I don't have those I can't fix it.

If that occurs I need the server RPT and the client RPTs. If I don't have those I can't fix it.

Will put a postlet on my desk and provide you the RPTs as soon as the error occurs again. ;)

Thanks ;) Thats what i meen.

His point was the current maps are not big enough to require such a strong radio with simulation. If the radios are not long enough range for you or if you wish to play in "easy mode" , then that is coming soon as a ACRE "Easy Mode" mode.

Currently, you can also do this yourself in your missions, by turning off the ACRE signal loss model. Communities can do this if they want the radios, but not the signal realism associated with it.

is there a troubleshooting guide anywhere? We're having an issue where you hear the radio beep over and over again

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP every few seconds, it's extremely annoying and I'm ready to fix it. it seems to happen when people accidentally key their radios at the same time.

If it is people trying to talk at the same time, they shouldn't do that. Radios don't work that way. It is your radio fighting to figure out which signal is stronger.

Enforcing proper radio protocol helps this.

Power isn't everything, once you pass a certain point you won't get any benefit out of the power you stick in.

That said, the 148 can actually go up to 50W with the right equipment.

Which leads me to a question, Nou / Jaynus is there any chance that in the future we will get any radio accessories like the Thales MA7035? I can't find much information about it but it basically seems to be a rucksack that the radio slips into and turns it into a manpack radio with increased power.

IMO it would be a great stop gap before you add "proper" manpacks in the end as it doesn't seem like it would be too much work for you (the radio integration doesn't seem to go beyond just letting the power go up to 20w)

Whilst dreaming about crazy ideas, will we ever see satellite radio simulated in ACRE? It would be an easy solution for getting around distance and mountains!!

There is an incredibly detailed component system in the works. JVON is taking up most of the time right now though. Lots on the plate. :)

We're enforcing proper protocol, but sometimes (inevitably) people will key their radios at the same time on accident and it causes that horrible repeating beep. I was wondering if this is fixable or being addressed

We're enforcing proper protocol, but sometimes (inevitably) people will key their radios at the same time on accident and it causes that horrible repeating beep. I was wondering if this is fixable or being addressed

If my understanding of Nou is correct, its not going to be fixed as its the "correct" thing for the radios to do. Inform people to stop doing it every time they do it, took me a few weeks to explain that to someone but in the end they got the picture (I kept deliberately doing it to them when they were talking till they understood it)

Which reminds me, I have one person in my group who always has the end of his messages cut off over the radio. Is this person just failing to use the radio properly or is this a bug?

If my understanding of Nou is correct, its not going to be fixed as its the "correct" thing for the radios to do. Inform people to stop doing it every time they do it, took me a few weeks to explain that to someone but in the end they got the picture (I kept deliberately doing it to them when they were talking till they understood it)

Which reminds me, I have one person in my group who always has the end of his messages cut off over the radio. Is this person just failing to use the radio properly or is this a bug?

Tell him to restart TS. Some people get a TS bug where for some reason it just stops sending packets for the last bit of the message. I get this bug with and without ACRE and it appears randomly.

It's hard to believe. So radios really beep over and over again over the entire net if people try to talk over each other? It doesn't sound right to me. I thought that if one person is already talking, and another person tries to talk, the second radio will simply beep once locally and not transmit over the net. Am I wrong? They actually beep repeatedly over the whole net?

In real life those beeps don't even exist, so it'd just sound like interference.

The beeps in ACRE2 will probably be removed and replaced with real sounds if the radios have them.

Tell him to restart TS. Some people get a TS bug where for some reason it just stops sending packets for the last bit of the message. I get this bug with and without ACRE and it appears randomly.

Me and a few others suffer from this and I went mad trying to fix it, just gave up in the end. Seems to happen when you've been connected for more that 6.5 hours or so, strategic restarts are the work around I've found.

Me and a few others suffer from this and I went mad trying to fix it, just gave up in the end. Seems to happen when you've been connected for more that 6.5 hours or so, strategic restarts are the work around I've found.

We have extensively tested this specific issue in JVON and it does not occur - stay tuned for ACRE2 Omnibus Edition.

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/acre2-omnibus

Yea it has nothing to do with ACRE. It actually happens LESS when ACRE is running for me.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

I hope the "Omnibus- Version" is optional.

The communication over teamspeak is the Better way for clans i think

It'll still work with TS. If you join a server running JVON it uses JVON, if not it uses TS.

[...]

It'll still work with TS. If you join a server running JVON it uses JVON, if not it uses TS. [...]

Thanks for the info. Can´t wait for an update ;)

We have extensively tested this specific issue in JVON and it does not occur - stay tuned for ACRE2 Omnibus Edition.

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/acre2-omnibus

Yea it has nothing to do with ACRE. It actually happens LESS when ACRE is running for me.

Didn't mean to imply it was ACRE related, it's 100% TS only, there are a few posts out there from other people with the same issue, none of the TS devs ever seemed to pay it much notice as it's probably only edge cases that suffer. Looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

does JVON allow users to choose between PTT and voice activation? can it mute mumble? looks interesting, can't wait to try it

We need more information/context/RPTs to test.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

ACRE2 Omnibus is nearing public beta. Besides work on JVON, we have the following coming up in the next update. We've been working hard.

- Fixed users sometimes not unmuting all players in the channel (The "Unmute at mission end" bug has been fixed)

- PRC-117F, PRC-117G and PRC-152 will be in and simulated to an even higher level of realism than the 148 (credits to ThePieSpy for the UI)

- A new PRC-77 and PRC-343 by JB

- A whole new, complex attachment system for attached and external antennas, manpacks, vehicle racks, retransmission, and other goodies.

- ACRE "easy mode", which will include single-line commands for mission makers to automatically use a ACRE easy mode configuration. These will include radios by side, removing or softening signal loss, automatic spectator initialization, and other features to make using ACRE easier.

- Clients will be JVON ready; it can be completely up to server administrators to enable JVON on their server. The actual use of it is now narrowed down to 3 lines in the server config. If a server is JVON enabled, a user will seamlessly switch to JVON instead of TS3 and it is 100% transparent and interactionless.

- Tons of bug fixes and tweaks.

Here is a teaser for things to come:

Edited by jaynus

So out of curiosity I have been playing around with presets and stuff. It seems that I cannot program any frequency that is xxx.0xx, am I doing something wrong or overlooking something? When I put it in via a preset script it just drops the zero (so 173.0625 becomes 173.625).

Anyone else experiencing this?