Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I wouldn't hold your breath on the fix. I revisited and I am not sure if I have solved it entirely.

What about the bug where clients tend to not get locally unmuted after mission end?

What about the bug where clients tend to not get locally unmuted after mission end?

That's still there. I can't reproduce that one either. I know it reproduces all the time on larger servers, but in local testing it works all the time. That one is even more of a mystery... I tell TS to unmute everyone in the channel so many places when ACRE disconnects and yet it doesn't.

The keyhandler bug is a CBA thing. We're using CBA keyhandlers for all keyboard events and there are numerous situations where it will not fire the keyup event. That being said it looks like you're responsible for disabling the keys there, so really there isn't a better solution than not doing that in the first place since its probably going to break a number of things besides ACRE as well.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the fix. I revisited and I am not sure if I have solved it entirely.

Reports are now coming in that the bug is in fact fixed. So Nou may have been being a bit pessimistic ;) This fix is still DEFINITELY worth it.

Just did a bit of more testing. As I said jaynus earlier, it's way better now, I don't have to use any sound equalization option or anything to make the game playable for me anymore. However it's still not as loud as it was on acre1. I still notice a big difference in volume sound between acre plugin being on and off (even if the person speaking is right next to me). So for me, I still feel it's not as it should be, but it's pretty darn close.

Just as I said jaynus, thank you and Nou for all the awesome work!

Great news !

Hopefully we get the same positive results after tomorrows game night.

That's still there. I can't reproduce that one either. I know it reproduces all the time on larger servers, but in local testing it works all the time. That one is even more of a mystery... I tell TS to unmute everyone in the channel so many places when ACRE disconnects and yet it doesn't.

I see, theres additionally a bug where your microphone sometimes doesn't get unmuted either...ugh..

Perhaps with some more intensive testing with my group I may be able to give you a more extensive bug report, do wish this gets fixed as having to unmute 10-15 people manually after mission end is a pain :P

edit: Also, the new patch seemed to have fixed (for me and my group at least) the low volume bug.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I see, theres additionally a bug where your microphone sometimes doesn't get unmuted either...ugh..

Yep, that is a CBA bug when you hit a key combo then a modifier. It sees a key up, but not the right key up. I gotta bug people on Skype about that.

No reports of sound issues after last update :)

Thanks heaps !

Regarding this

We also have that on most game nights. Running smaller ops with 15-25 pax.

Somehow I am one of those that seems to always get this issue, but it is not affecting all.

I have not found out what is different to my setup/settings from others.

I tried to download the latest ACRE2 zip file and it does not have the USERCONFIG folder, and no HPP file. Is there some other way of getting the userconfig files so it can be used in ARMA3?

They are not needed anymore. Configuration of your keys is done in Arma 3 through the controls config/addon section.

They are not needed anymore. Configuration of your keys is done in Arma 3 through the controls config/addon section.

Thanks for the info, I thought this was how this was setup, but wanted to make sure. Everything I saw online about this keep talking about the USERCONFIG files and did not mention that this was no longer needed.

Once again thanks for the updates :)! So after having a few sessions with the latest release with ~20-40 players our present problems are the following:

• Clients remaining muted at mission end - workaround is a global call to set spectator before calling end mission.
  • Occasionally a client when talking on the radio will keep transmitting constant radio beeping (the sound when a radio transmission starts), we keep seeing this one time and time again for different people and is quite frustrating as it holds up the radionet and it is hard to make out what is being said.

There were also some reports of some players not being able to hear others on the radio when terrain and range shouldn't be an issue, but I don't know how to reproduce this. I'll see if I can get a reproducible case or at least better document it. As a side note we do use several mods but I don't believe any would mess with ACRE2. If there is anyway we can provide better information on the issues let me know.

I've done some more testing with the new release but the low volume bug seems to still pop up from time to time.

This new ACRE is a nightmare, eveytime we play there are unexpected problems.

We just made a test, when a friend and i talk to each other out of the helo both radios (343 and 148) work as intended.

As soon as i get in a helo (and my friend stays on the ground) the 148 stops working and we cannot communicate, while 343 is unaffected.

Are we missing something?

Are the radios meant to work only with the Arma 3 basic vehicles?

Is there something specific i need to set in the radio to get it to work inside a vehicle?

The helo in the video is the Apache from the HAFM helo imports.

This happens with both occlusion on and off.

Here's a video (sorry if it's in italian...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMDKkCTA61M&feature=youtu.be

Does that helicopter do anything strange with your gear when you get in? As far as I know there are no issues with any vehicles that don't do anything extra to your gear.

I am wondering if maybe that helicopter puts your backpack/vest someplace else or something and your radio is in that. Your 343 works still because its usually in the magic ItemRadio slot that is invisible and not tied to any container.

*EDIT*

I just checked this with the HAFM mod. No problems. Are you sure you aren't running something else, or something in the mission that might be doing something strange with the vehicles?

Edited by NouberNou

I think also that ACRE2 is a nightmare.

- Radios disappear from the inventory

- Channels dissemble

- Ping between server and client often fluctuates

- no long Range Radios

- no Vehicle Radios

Please bring us an Update. ACRE was always the reference in ArmA. But now its more an nightmare than a great communication Addon

Does that helicopter do anything strange with your gear when you get in? As far as I know there are no issues with any vehicles that don't do anything extra to your gear.

I am wondering if maybe that helicopter puts your backpack/vest someplace else or something and your radio is in that. Your 343 works still because its usually in the magic ItemRadio slot that is invisible and not tied to any container.

*EDIT*

I just checked this with the HAFM mod. No problems. Are you sure you aren't running something else, or something in the mission that might be doing something strange with the vehicles?

AGM and F3 framework for that specific mission, i'll do some tests when i have time.

I'm starting to think it's actually AGM fault, since i'm having problems with F3 framework alone as well.

I think also that ACRE2 is a nightmare.

That is the mission makers fault. Stop playing broken missions that break Arma (yes, they are breaking Arma) and it will be fine. United Operations plays weekly with 50-60 players on A3 + ACRE2 and the missions there go through a stringent review process to make sure there is nothing that can break the game. It takes some work to get good gameplay out of missions. Sadly, not anyone can just make a mission these days.

- Channels dissemble

What does that mean?

Not sure how that is a problem with ACRE? Again, plenty of servers do NOT have these problems.

- no long Range Radios

- no Vehicle Radios

There are long range radios. The 148 is a long range radio. It can reach half way across Altis easily with clear line of sight. Just because a radio is physically small doesn't mean it is a short range radio. The only radio that had a longer range in ACRE1 was the 117.

As for vehicles, those are coming.

I don't think you think it thinks like you think HG2012Trigger.

Your first point sounds like you're using linkItem rather than addItem, something that is renown for breaking Radio's in ACRE, that's a problem on your mission maker who will have to ensure their gearscript is both correctly adding the baseRadio item and not any of the ID tagged Radio's.

- Channels dissemble

Not sure you mean when saying "Channels dissemble". But at UO we've not had any issues with Radio channels or custom frequencies so I'm going to put that down to being related to the first problem.

Sounds like a server problem unless you provide further information rather than a brief description.

- no long Range Radios

The AN/PRC-148 is a long range Radio capable of communication ranges that can give the AN/PRC-117F a run for its money. If you think that all long range Radio's are backpack mounted then you're a bit behind the times. If you need communication past that, you would need a re-transmission option.

- no Vehicle Radios

Vehicle Radio's are due at a later date.

If you have issues, please provide information on the problem you're having or you're unlikely to get any real help from the people who keep an eye on this thread. Also outright saying that the mod is horrible because you're having issues is a bit poor in judgement in my books, so please be more considerate to Nou/Jaynus and other contributors to ACRE.

- Channels dissemble

I think I know what he is referring to.

In our community we sometimes had the issue that the 343 would randomly switch channels with no actual input by the user. So out of nowhere you would, for example, start broadcasting on channel 4 instead of channel 1. We were, however, unable to actually trace that error. Seems to be occuring randomly and not even in every mission we played. At the top of my head I would estimate the occurence to maybe once in every five missions.