Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Will this new thing allow for TS3 combination?

Im just fearing that with a seperate VON software many will reluctantly have to stay with TS3 as they are involved in many games/ communites all using TS3.

Im just fearing that with a seperate VON software many will reluctantly have to stay with TS3 as they are involved in many games/ communites all using TS3.

I do hope there will be some way to either combine it with TS3 or to have a TS3 version, as my community, and probably many others, use TeamSpeak for different purposes than just ACRE.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I don't understand the point of this question. Please elaborate.

From what i could understand it's going to work on a separate software other than ts3.

If it works i'm ok with it.

From what i could understand it's going to work on a separate software other than ts3.

If it works i'm ok with it.

Is that directed towards me? Because that's what i was thinking. I dunno how TS comes into this or how it would conflict with TS. My impression is that it doesn't give a flying duck about TS.

It was directed to PhonicStudios.

The impression i have is it's going to require another external program, but it's pointless discussing how good or bad it's going to be if we don't even know how it works or what it is.

Maybe BIS should consider the idea of stepping in now and propose an integrated solution, given how many communities use programs such as ACRE and TFAR.

That is definitely a DLC i'd want to buy and all of the features would go to benefit everyone, not just the MILSIM OPERATOR OPERATOR communities.

It was directed to PhonicStudios.

The impression i have is it's going to require another external program, but it's pointless discussing how good or bad it's going to be if we don't even know how it works or what it is.

Maybe BIS should consider the idea of stepping in now and propose an integrated solution, given how many communities use programs such as ACRE and TFAR.

That is definitely a DLC i'd want to buy and all of the features would go to benefit everyone, not just the MILSIM OPERATOR OPERATOR communities.

why would they spend their resources on recreating something that already exists and works well? besides im sure they're too busy making go-carts and shuffling around bugs, or whatever it is they do

Maybe BIS should consider the idea of stepping in now and propose an integrated solution, given how many communities use programs such as ACRE and TFAR..

That is a really good idea... I mean if I had a totally integrable solution available to me for a problem that has dogged me for years I'd certainly investigate. ;)

That is a really good idea... I mean if I had a totally integrable solution available to me for a problem that has dogged me for years I'd certainly investigate. ;)

Also, have an idea to pack embedded TS3 client (via SDK) directly into TFAR dll (with automaticall connect to server, etc). Will be helpfull mode for public servers.

I'm wondering, if ACRE2 is going to switch entirely to its own external program for handling VON, will it mute mumble/teamspeak automatically? Also, if I use voice activation detection (which happens to work even better in ACRE2 than it did before, even if it's unsupported), will I be forced to switch to PTT?

Is there any word about the volume in acre2?

I find that the volume is far too low for playable use and even if I lower the overall game volume its sometimes still too hard and theres a point where I cant lower the volume anymore because I dont have an amplifier so really this kind of workaround is unacceptable.

Im not the only one who experiences the volume to be unplayably low as I have heard similar complaints from random people in the community I play with.

Its a shame, truly.. I always recommended ACRE over TFR but I might have to urge us to switch over because of this :/.

Is there any word about the volume in acre2?

I find that the volume is far too low for playable use and even if I lower the overall game volume its sometimes still too hard and theres a point where I cant lower the volume anymore because I dont have an amplifier so really this kind of workaround is unacceptable.

Im not the only one who experiences the volume to be unplayably low as I have heard similar complaints from random people in the community I play with.

Its a shame, truly.. I always recommended ACRE over TFR but I might have to urge us to switch over because of this :/.

If you haven't tried this already, set your Windows volume to 100% and then seriously lower ArmA (to like 10%?), then as you play lower the Windows volume till its acceptable for you. It fixed it for me, I dunno if it will work for everyone though.

Hi !

I installed ACRE on my game server, and I have issues when I try to use it as a client.

I did everything exactly as written in the first post, and ACRE tells me, when I'm in game, that it's sucessfully connected to Teamspeak. I can even hear people talking next to me when they're NOT using the radio (so when they're close to me). It works well, and I hear them all around me when they walk around me.

But, when I do talk, they hear me normally, via TeamSpeak, not via the game, so the whole sound spacialization thing only works one way.

Other thing, a little bit more annoying : whenever we try to use the radio, my game instantly freezes. I Alt-Tabbed and noticed that ArmA seems to be waiting on TS, which fully uses 1 of my CPU cores, so I'm guessing infinite loop there?

I really can't do anything, and I've tried everything I could think of : reinstall TeamSpeak, deactivate all addons but ACRE and CBA, running as Administrator... Nothing seems to work.

As a reference, here is the acre2.log written by TS :

[1:49:8.781] * Logging engine initialized.
[1:49:11.496] Opening game pipe...
[1:49:11.496] Game pipe opening successful. [1544 & 1540]
[1:49:11.955] Client write connected
[1:49:11.955] Client read connected
[1:49:29.781] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[1:49:29.782] Client write connected

I'm guessing the last 2 lines is when the game froze and I had to terminate it. Other than that, everything looks fine!

Any idea ?

Hi Nouber!

My community is still stuck up on using the old ACRE mod port over from ArmA 2. However, it's been kind of messed up by the latest release of CBA and the latest patch. Is there any hope for a hotfix to bring the old port back up to date while we use it in the mean time?

We're still experiencing the low volume bug from time to time.

Using the loudness equalization seems to work but sometimes we still have volume drops.

Did you manage to find a solution to this? :(

I don't know if it's rude to technically plug my own mod, but I thought it would be relevant here, since it takes advantage of ACRE.

I updated showNames to support ACRE 2, including variable volume curves so it works with mods like st_acre_volume: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185380-ZAM-ShowNames

On a side note when testing, me and another guy both noticed much lower direct speak volumes than we had with TFAR. I don't know if this information is useful right now but I thought I'd share it.

Great progress BTW Nou and thanks for helping out with my mod!

Edited by Phoenix_ZA

We're still experiencing the low volume bug from time to time.

Using the loudness equalization seems to work but sometimes we still have volume drops.

Did you manage to find a solution to this? :(

Good news everybody!

I figured out the issue.

Bad news everybody!

It looks like it is an issue inside of Teamspeak itself! They are applying mono to stereo/5.1/7.1 expansion on ACRE's output despite ACRE doing that already. This is a big problem, especially for people using 5.1, as it is scaling the value down to ~10% of their original values! This also explains why people with stereo headsets probably were able to compensate better since it is only reducing it down to 50% of the original volume.

I am going to poke the TS people and see if they are accidentally calling their channel expansion code AFTER their final mixdown plugin event.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

50ca3e9862e4f-preview-620.jpg

I think I have found a work around, and as such...

ACRE2 2.0.3 is RELEASED!

Download here: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/files

You might need to readjust your balances in sound again, but the issue with very low sound should be mostly mitigated now! If not, let me know!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you very much for that update Nou! This low volume bug was really annoying!

On a different note, is there already an ETA on a long range radio like a 117 or similiar? At the moment it is very difficult to organize CAS with jets as the range of effective communication is way too short....

Otherwise, any updates? Or is that all?

That is all for now. Vehicle radios will be along shortly, still planning on how to best implement them.

The 117 and such will take a bit longer to appear, as it is a very complicated radio and ACRE2 aims to implement simulation quality radio interfaces, so it is a significant investment in time.

Actually people with the loudness bug, it might not be as mitigated as I had hoped. Turns out I was reading TS all wrong. TS is actually abnormally loud for it's input. When it mixes the mono input streams of a person speaking it copies them 1:1 in stereo expansion mode, instead of halving the volume in each speaker, which is how you traditionally split mono into stereo (a single mono speaker placed in front of you will have the same loudness as two speakers playing the same thing at half the volume).

So as far as I can tell the bug still remains elusive and is probably tied to hardware and specific setups. :(

Great news on the fix Nou - I can imagine it's been bugging the hell !

On a different note, is there already an ETA on a long range radio like a 117 or similiar? At the moment it is very difficult to organize CAS with jets as the range of effective communication is way too short....

148 is long range - tested out to 14 km with good line of sight. The simulation is just much more realistic in ACRE2 and therefore you cannot stand one side of Takistan and call in bombers from the otherside - i.e. just like in real life.

You'll need relay stations or secondary radio stages like FAC - Coordinators behind the lines with good radio los.

It's the relay stations we need to get organised really - as an object we can place and defend to allow re-transmission across maps - any update on that Nou ?