Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Wouldn't be the issue Nuno, we've been able to have high player count sessions and not have any noticeable drop in sound as the player count grew. The only thing I've found is that people do need to make adjustments to their in-game or windows based output handling in order to get ACRE to a normalised state with the rest of the in-game sounds. Which I normally suggest is easiest done by reducing the effect volume down to a small sliver, then increasing the overall sound volume for your output device.

The volume will not go down as more players are entering the server. The Volume decreases when moving from 2 to 3 or more players on the server, and then stabilizes, remain always the same whether they're 3 , 10 or 50 players.

In ACRE i had Windows, A3 and TS3 with the same volume, now i have windows at 100%, TS3 100% and A3 45~%, to have a good balance, if i lower the A3 sound i don't hear any ambient noise. But as i get out of the server i have to lower the volume to 70-60% because everyone is screaming...

I wonder.. What sound equipment are people with the super quiet bug using?

Personally I am using a GameCom 780 with generic CMedia drivers (as opposed to the real plantronics drivers).

I mention the drivers as this is what got me thinking, 3 other people in my small "community" all have the same headset I do but they use the plantronics drivers and they do not suffer the super quiet problem.

Xonar Essense STX set to 8ch 48kHz with Dolby Headphone and analog output to my HD650 headphones.

I'm also running a Xonar Essence STX - no problems here.

8 Channel

44.1 KHz

Headphones

PCM + Dolby Ticked

Came to a quick soultion(ish) for me, I happened to have a cheap USB sound card lying around, I currently have earphones plugged into that and and set up in TS and I am able to hear people better. I wouldn't be able to say for sure if its louder or just the lack of background noise.

The low volume problem returned again today.

I had to go in the mixer and enable loudness equalization for it to work.

Some others have this at random.

I hope this gets fixed soon because as of now it's impossible for us to play.

I have well and truly solved it, for myself anyway. I set my headset volume to 100% in Windows (never done that before..) and then turned the ArmA volume right down. Since doing that I can hear people perfectly.

Makes me wonder, does ACRE assume the volume is 100% when it does the volume changes to simulate people being in the 3D space.

I have always done that, whereas in Arma 2 with speakers/ts at 100% and arma at 30% if would be just fine, in A3 with Acre 2 and same settings i keep getting this bug and the only way to solve it seems to use loudness equalization from the audio properties.

I know i wrote this already but i really hope a fix comes soon because i don't like TFR and prefer to stick to ACRE.

Hello Nou.

Any news on if you will be removing the looping error report hint or if BIS have fixed the bug that causes it, as my group had to revert back to v560 and would like to update but cannot while that error report still appears.

As it means restarting a mission that is designed to run for weeks on end.

PS. Since the latest update from bis, With Acre2 v560 we have noticed no problematic radios. Whereas before the update some players would have problems.

Thanks.

BL1P.

Edited by BL1P

Any more word on fixing the problem where some clients remain muted at the end of a mission ended. (Mission is ended via endMission/BIS_fnc_endMission).

In the meanwhile I'd like to share a temporary solution my group has been using is on any code to end the mission. To make everyone a spectator see below: (though it doesn't unmute those that left the game while it was in progress):

[[true],"acre_api_fnc_setSpectator",true] call BIS_fnc_MP; //work around for Acre2 not unmuting people.

sleep 0.1;

["End1","BIS_fnc_endMission",true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Voted.

Out of all the mods we use/have used Acre is always the one we say we couldn't play without, also its not a copy of another radio mod its the one copies are made from... so it gets my vote :)

AGM interaction default key and ACRE2 Cycle Babel Language is in conflict by default.

Left windows is default interaction key for AGM. Any chance of switching default key in ACRE2?

You can rebind whatever you would like in the AGM menu, its a significantly "core" feature of the mod to be able to do this... if you didnt know that and you used AGM you might want to look at it again...

So that means you shouldnt have to ( in theory) worry about keyconflicts from acre at all.. but I agree left windows is a "bad choice" for acre.

Interesting. I just spun up ACRE on something other than TS for the first time just now and it seemed to work, at least the parts I tested.

Exciting days ahead folks. Exciting days ahead... :)

Interesting. I just spun up ACRE on something other than TS for the first time just now and it seemed to work, at least the parts I tested.

Exciting days ahead folks. Exciting days ahead... :)

Mumble?

That looks... complicated? :confused:

Someone should build you a statue for dedicating so much time after this.

jvon... Jaynus' voice-over-network thingy or what? :D

Maybe you are right, LAxemann :D

But it seems that Jaynus is alive again!