Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Ok some quick update on my end. I went to Serjames' 3Commando Brigade server (thanks again to serjames and Apollo for the help) to test out if it was a TS server issue. Sadly it was not the case. We tried changing different settings (including changing playback mode to direct sound), their sound remained the same, mine was still low. I also tried changing TS 64bit version to 32bit but no luck there either.

Lastly I've installed and tried Task force radio, and there's no issues with that plugin. I'm running out of ideas of what is causing the problem :(

Hey Madman - cheers for testing with us. Very strange - we literally went through every TS setting we could think of, pretty much all the windows speaker/sound properties and nothing seemed to help.

We then jumped on our other Server which is running Tfar - latest version from today - and apart from the DREADFUL sound quality that now displays. The Volume was perfect for him. So it's definitely something with ACRE, but gawd know what Still works perfectly the majority of our player-base...

With the new TFAR issues we're just swapped the main public BACK to ACRE now we have white-listed the Acre radios from the VA to 1 343 1 148 only. No more bugs and silky smooth ACRE.... Nice.

p.s. Thanks for the Pointers BL1P on the white listing. We ended up doing something slightly different in the end, but it seems great coding minds work alike (not mine!)

SJ

Playing tonight with ACRE2 on our 1.32 public server as Serjames says.

Reporting probably about half of the players complained that their volume in direct chat was too low and there seemed to be nothing they could do to fix it. All had done recent installs from PwS and were running the correct plugin's. Random mix of Win7/8, 32/64bit, mobo/card sound etc. All had the TFAR plugin installed, but not enabled.

Nice to have met you Madplan. Feel free to jump back on our server if you want to do further testing or just want a game. :-)

We then jumped on our other Server which is running Tfar - latest version from today - and apart from the DREADFUL sound quality that now displays. The Volume was perfect for him. So it's definitely something with ACRE, but gawd know what Still works perfectly the majority of our player-base...

It's something with ACRE and specific computer setups it seems... Which is always fun.

Master volume in TS3 has no effect on ACRE. ACRE basically overrides the entire TS3 sound system and just uses its outputs.

Is this necessary? On average I can tell you that most of our members normally use +12db on master in addition to per-user volume management on TS3. As I mentioned before, if ACRE2 is discarding user's volume settings from Teamspeak that makes it hard for everyone...

Is this necessary? On average I can tell you that most of our members normally use +12db on master in addition to per-user volume management on TS3. As I mentioned before, if ACRE2 is discarding user's volume settings from Teamspeak that makes it hard for everyone...

Yes, TS does very abusive things to player audio, especially in regards to surround sound. I need to look, but it might be possible to get the per-user volume adjustments and apply them in my system, but I can't guarantee it.

I don't want to hint at anything too strongly, but TS also might be a thing of the past in the somewhat near future so hopefully a lot of these problems go away having full control over everything. ;)

I don't want to hint at anything too strongly, but TS also might be a thing of the past in the somewhat near future so hopefully a lot of these problems go away having full control over everything. ;)

:cool:

I Have another problem. In ACRE i changed the config file so i could use the key combinations alt+1,alt+2 and alt+3 to talk through my diferent radios, but in ACRE 2 it dosen't work! Anyone with this problem!?

Hey Madman - cheers for testing with us. Very strange - we literally went through every TS setting we could think of, pretty much all the windows speaker/sound properties and nothing seemed to help.

With the new TFAR issues we're just swapped the main public BACK to ACRE now we have white-listed the Acre radios from the VA to 1 343 1 148 only. No more bugs and silky smooth ACRE.... Nice.

p.s. Thanks for the Pointers BL1P on the white listing. We ended up doing something slightly different in the end, but it seems great coding minds work alike (not mine!)

SJ

It was TFAR issue with sound quality, already fixed.

I've got an idea , does the ST ACRE2 volume can fix the low sound issue ?

I bring good news (at least for myself lol).

I tried the "Direct Sound" option in TS Settings > Playback > Playback Mode and it solved the low volume issue at least for me.

It's a whole other thing now that i got it to work properly.

I bring good news (at least for myself lol).

I tried the "Direct Sound" option in TS Settings > Playback > Playback Mode and it solved the low volume issue at least for me.

It's a whole other thing now that i got it to work properly.

Tried it yesterday and didn't change anything for me, still with the same problem here. But if it worked for you it might be something related to that that's affecting everyone else. If I have time I'll do some further testing today

@Chairborne: Solid man :) for reference can you round up the TS Codec you mentioned you are using and your TS versions of the TS server and client?

Server TS version is 3.0.10.3 on Linux, codec is Opus Voice quality 6.

Client TS version is 3.0.16 [stable] on Windows.

It was TFAR issue with sound quality, already fixed.

Ahh Great news nkey - we're running two servers at the moment Chocolate and vanilla - more choice is always good :)

SJ

I Have another problem. In ACRE i changed the config file so i could use the key combinations alt+1,alt+2 and alt+3 to talk through my diferent radios, but in ACRE 2 it dosen't work! Anyone with this problem!?

The config file is no longer used! When in game go to your controls menu and change them there under configure addons.

Got some good news on my end. I got a workaround to fix the low volume issue, not sure if anyone have the same options as I do, but I'll try to explain.

Just to note I have a onboard sound card that uses realtek drivers.

1st of all I've put my TS playback mode on Direct sound (didn't do anything alone for me but it worked with others so it's a possible solution to everyone else).

Then I went to the windows sound icon on the bottom right, right click it and select playback devices (not sure if it's the right name as my windows is in a different language) click speakers and click settings. Select the enhancements tab and put a check on the loudness equalization.

loudness-equalization.jpg

just so you know how it looks like, just check that last option

From what I understand, it makes loud sounds not so loud and quiet sounds louder.

With this, TS volume remained the same with or without Acre2 plugin running in game for people close to me, just like I wanted, but it did make Arma3 more louder and I had to mess with the sound volume again (It's now at 5%-10%), but that wasn't a problem at all.

However I think this is not a definitive fix , Acre1 didn't need this to work as intended. But with this fix it's working pretty much as it did in Arma2.

Hope I helped someone with the same problem. Thanks to everyone who helped me directly, and to all who reported the issue and tried to find fixes for it.

And cheers NouberNou for the mod, hopefully we helped you improving the mod with our problems :D

Edited by madplan

Not that I use the Realtech on my gaming rig, but I though the "Loudness Equalization" was just a compressor, which means it is not a real solution to the problem, and might do more harm than good. With it enabled you will have very narrow dynamic range. Could be a good thing if you are listening at low volume and still want to hear quiet sounds, otherwise it's going to be a bad thing.

Thats funny ya know? everybody asks for it and answer is right on their patreon page.

"Class 0 features are simple things, like long-term support for ACRE1 in A2" for this Class they need to earn 250$ ea month :P

Funny is, that you cant even understand what i ask. Iam not asking for longterm support for arma 2 acre iam asking if TS3plugin for ACRE 2 will work with ACRE, or if TS3 plugin for 3.0.16 is planned for ACRE.

Yesterday i clearly noticed something. When i was on the server with another player, the volume was OK and the sound was good! But when other players started to enter, the volume reduced and was more muffled, even on the radio.

I Hope it helps on something!