Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

The TS version we are running right now is 3.0.10.3 on Linux.

Could it be related to the low voice bug as someone suggested?

The TS server we use is also Version 3.0.10.3 but on Windows. Our members are running 3.0.16 clientside.

What channel codec are you using? We are using Opus Voice with a quality of 7.

Volume issue here. Latest TS client and server. Codec is Opus voice q6.

Quick question? Are you guys using in TS playback mode Windows Audio Session or Direct Sound? I unofficially do not support Windows Audio Session and all my testing has been on Direct Sound. If you are using WAS try switching to DS.

I'll try that out, i have the "use best" standard option right now.

It feels kind of weird though that this causes problems on EVERY other client connected.

Also what are the odds that everyone of my community has this set wrong and each of serjames have this set correctly? :confused:

I do not know since it is set to auto, but I might try to set it manually sometime if I can find any of my friends to test with :)

Same problem with silent sound.

TS Server 3.0.11, clients 3.0.16

We are make 2 test in 2 last day.

1st try: 3 players. From mission start sound was at good level - no one report this problem. We are move around all Altis, from mounts to seaside and back, testing 148 radios. At mission end (~1hr later) sound level was terrible low. Shooting from pistol totally suppress direct voice and radios.

2nd try: 2 players. We are check same radios, with out changing or droping it. Just connect TS, start custom mission, and use ACRE2 replaced radios in unit pockets at missions start. Short testing - only ~5 min. from TS start. Cant test it longer for some reasons. All was good this time.

Server or client settings was same in both tests - SW versions, TS channel, codec, plugin and so on. Only one changes from 1st test - new ARMA3 1.32.

I think, problem is get out in only some time after TS plugin start: some variable is leaking, or new connected users change plugin environment.

Just a small update.

We where not that many on last night (11) but all reported low volume on direct speak. However small variances on volume are present, some hear practically nothing a few meters away from talking player others ( like myself) can hear ok up to atleast 5-8 meters before it becomes to low.

That said, we talked a bit about this and we kind of agreed that lower volume on direct speak is a good thing, but not as low as it is for some players. The old direct volume was in my mind to high sometimes.

No volume issues was noticed when using the radios. Altough we do wait in great anticipation for a long range radio to become available. Since we often use air transport and CAS, keeping in touch with 152 is a bit tricky..

But all good comes to those who wait..i think some patient guy once said

The volume has to be slightly high in my opinion.

In real life when in a fire fight you yell to make yourself heard.

Yelling into the microphone of your computer does not work since the dynamic range of the sound is compressed, and thus the volume has to be slightly high to compensate.

OK i see this work with TS 3.0.16 but ACRE for arma 2 is still for 3.0.11.

Will TS3 plugin from this, work With ACRE for ARMA2? Or Can we get TS 3.0.16 compatibility for ACRE for Arma 2?

I ought to clarify that in our case when using direct voice the volume of speech is low but the distance at which this low volume speech is audible is pretty far. We can hear people somewhere between 50-100 meters away which is quite odd.

We're using the Opus Codec but not sure of the version.

Edited by Machineabuse
Adding codec info

OK i see this work with TS 3.0.16 but ACRE for arma 2 is still for 3.0.11.

Will TS3 plugin from this, work With ACRE for ARMA2? Or Can we get TS 3.0.16 compatibility for ACRE for Arma 2?

Thats funny ya know? everybody asks for it and answer is right on their patreon page.

"Class 0 features are simple things, like long-term support for ACRE1 in A2" for this Class they need to earn 250$ ea month :P

Hey guys anyone has in ACRE 2 Server Performance problems ? It looks like desyncs but there are no desyncs. I found a ticket for this problem in the Bugtracker. But my question is has anyone else this problems on their dedicated servers?

Hey guys anyone has in ACRE 2 Server Performance problems ? It looks like desyncs but there are no desyncs. I found a ticket for this problem in the Bugtracker. But my question is has anyone else this problems on their dedicated servers?

We do.

For people with volume issues, in your missions can you try putting in the following line?

ACRE_TEST_OCCLUSION = false;

Just throw that in the init.sqf. It turns off the building occlusion modeling. I want to make sure that is not causing the issue randomly somehow.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Are you SURE this is with ACRE2? There are a lot of things that coincide with ACRE2 having come out and that includes a particularly buggy Arma 3 patch that caused a lot of desync issues which have not been fully resolved. I am wondering if the association is between ACRE2 having been implemented on peoples servers, this Arma 3 patch, and the fact that player numbers to test without ACRE2 are usually not doable, since ACRE2 is usually required to play with any significant amount of people, and the desync bugs in A3 only show up with that many people.

For people with volume issues, in your missions can you try putting in the following line?

ACRE_TEST_OCCLUSION = false;

Just throw that in the init.sqf. It turns off the building occlusion modeling. I want to make sure that is not causing the issue randomly somehow.

Did not work. :confused:

Also to be noted changing the master volume, even in game, doesn't do anything at all.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

[/color]

Are you SURE this is with ACRE2? There are a lot of things that coincide with ACRE2 having come out and that includes a particularly buggy Arma 3 patch that caused a lot of desync issues which have not been fully resolved. I am wondering if the association is between ACRE2 having been implemented on peoples servers, this Arma 3 patch, and the fact that player numbers to test without ACRE2 are usually not doable, since ACRE2 is usually required to play with any significant amount of people, and the desync bugs in A3 only show up with that many people.

Yes im SURE Vanilla + CBA no lag but when i play Vanilla + CBA + ACRE 2 it comes to this lags where vehicles got little desyncs and jumps.

Did not work. :confused:

Also to be noted changing the master volume, even in game, doesn't do anything at all.

Master volume in TS3 has no effect on ACRE. ACRE basically overrides the entire TS3 sound system and just uses its outputs.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Yes im SURE Vanilla + CBA no lag but when i play Vanilla + CBA + ACRE 2 it comes to this lags where vehicles got little desyncs and jumps.

With how many players? Do you experience this with just yourself on a dedicated server?

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

If anyone can test in multiplayer with someone with a debug console and execute the following and then send me their RPT file that'd be really helpful.

[] call acre_sys_debug_fnc_dumpNamespace;

This will give me a dump of almost all the global variables in ACRE2.

I might end up making a debug build in the next few days since I have not been able to replicate this yet.

Ok cool.

Anyway putting ACRE_TEST_OCCLUSION = false; seems to have little to no noticeable effect.

Could TFR plugin cause problems with ACRE?

I have it in the plugin folder but it's not active nor the mod is launched in game, it's just there doing nothing.

I just noticed even if it's not active on some users in channel it gives this:

ACRE2:

123<TFAR>Connected N Play N P:0.9.1 A: </TFAR>213123

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

http://pastebin.com/D6BR3rTG

Here's the debug.

Anyway, while i had no noticeable change using the no occlusion parameter you mentioned, the other guy i tested it with did notice an increase in volume, whereas playing the Headhunters default mission from BI the volume was low, while on a custom mission it was normal acreless-like.

Edited by Chairborne