Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Hi Nou,

Firstly thanks for all your hard work on this, and the new patch :). We are still experiencing issues that when missions end, many other players will still be muted on teamspeak and this means that when we slot the next mission we have to alt+tab and manually locally unmute a lot of other people (I would estimate 60% of people in channel) and sadly there isn't a mass way to unlocally mute people. Is there anyway we could get this fixed it is currently the only thing that is a bit frustrating with ACRE2? Perhaps a suggestion for a fix is to maintain list of all people that have been muted by ACRE2 and when the connection to the game is severed unmute all? If there is an extra information that will help please let me know!

Once again thanks for such a fantastic mod :)!

Nou - just reporting back. We tested the latest version pretty thoroughly on a dedicated last night and all I can say is "Come to Papa - Walk with me into the light!"

It's such a breath of fresh air.

Positional Speech. Perfect.

Attenuation over distance. Perfect

Effect on in vehicle. Perfect (though we did notice that if two people are in vehicles they cannot hear each other at all i.e. pulled up alongside in the cab of the HEMMT.)

Effect and realism wise it was night a day from what's out there currently (no surprise we came from Acre and hung onto the bugged Alpha for as long as we could before RPT spam meant we had to swap over)

We did some range testing with the 148. I wanted to see the effects of distance and Hills etc. Comms don't break-up at that far point. They just cut out. I.e. 3.5 Km away from transmitter with transmitter just stepping over the ridgeline the comms *STOP* no fuzz, no breakup.. Is that right or something that is still being modeled?

For all the volume issues guys out there, not sure if you ran with ACRE in A2 but you really do have to drop your ingame effects down.. DOWN like at about 5% to 15% of normal.. That was always the case. Having said that we went into game with no changes to volumes from where the other system plays and voice etc was Absolutely Spot on. No complaints here.

Congrats - we intend to move to ACRE 2 as soon as we can migrate the player-base

Nou - in the radio section of the Armoury there is 1 343 that's called ACRE radio. When someone tries to grab that we get a big black popup window top right telling us that that player has "de-synchronised Inventory"

What's that all about then ?

Is there a way to add a timer to that message as it does ruin Coop play somewhat ?

SJ

We did some range testing with the 148. I wanted to see the effects of distance and Hills etc. Comms don't break-up at that far point. They just cut out. I.e. 3.5 Km away from transmitter with transmitter just stepping over the ridgeline the comms *STOP* no fuzz, no breakup.. Is that right or something that is still being modeled?

IIRC that'd be the squelch kicking in.

Depending on your channel settings (last entry in the menu) you can prevent signals below a certain strength from being output from the radio.

If you need to hear weaker signals adjust the "SQLCH" setting until you get the desired results.

Volume is still too low, even when speaking one in front of the other from barely 1m away.

IIRC that'd be the squelch kicking in.

Depending on your channel settings (last entry in the menu) you can prevent signals below a certain strength from being output from the radio.

If you need to hear weaker signals adjust the "SQLCH" setting until you get the desired results.

Cheers Toadball... Guess I need to watch your FAQ video again.... I didn't seem to be able to get much of the interface to do anything (I actually assumed we had a degraded UI vs. What had been tested privately) Will test again

Volume is still too low, even when speaking one in front of the other from barely 1m away.

Chairborne. Odd - we just don't see this volume issue. My In game sounds are set to about 20% of the bar and my Windows volume to 64% with TS locked to that?

Voice is perfect, like you were literally standing infront of me ?

I've got a question

I'm using the 64bit TS3 plus 64bit Acre2, Is everyone who's having the sound volume problems have the 64bit too? Or it's happening also with the x84bit version?

I think that won't make a difference, but I'm desperate I'll try anything.

EDIT:

Chairborne. Odd - we just don't see this volume issue. My In game sounds are set to about 20% of the bar and my Windows volume to 64% with TS locked to that?

I think he has the same problem as me, yeah I'm at 10% sound volume in game, TS playback settings is at +20dB so maxed out. My TS volume on windows sound bar is at max also. And it's still hard to hear anyone in game even if they are right at your face, the problem goes away when acre2 is not sync in game (role selection, briefings, when mission ends, or simply when we got out game closed) so basically TS3 sounds as intended when it's not using Acre2

Edited by madplan

I don't know what to say, i keep windows volume and TS volume at 100% and Arma at 25-30%, yet i can't hear anything.

I tried also setting the TS master volume to the maximum and it's still too low, like half the volume it had normally in ACRE.

What's even weirder is that even by doubling TS master volume, when i'm in game it feels like it reverts to the previous settings and there's really no change.

Maybe there's some setting that changes automatically teamspeak master volume.

For the record i'm not the only one having this issue in my community, rather everyone seems to have this bug where voice is like REALLY low, i think it's very unlikely it's on our end.

All my group suffers from low sound problems.

Some have lowered ingame sounds and increased windows main sounds to compensate.

I am old so I just say "what ?" and "EH ?" alot :)

guys can I suggest to jump on our dev server and test ? If you're amenable to that suggestion send me a PM and I will Co-ordinate.

SJ

Nou - in the radio section of the Armoury there is 1 343 that's called ACRE radio. When someone tries to grab that we get a big black popup window top right telling us that that player has "de-synchronised Inventory"

What's that all about then ?

Is there a way to add a timer to that message as it does ruin Coop play somewhat ?

SJ

It means Arma is now broken so probably shouldn't use that in your mission. It isn't an ACRE bug, it is a bug in A3 which causes the gear system to become corrupted and desynchronized between all players and the server.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I don't know what to say about volume levels. I can NOT replicate this on my system. :(

Every time I try to replicate it I get the same volume levels both with the plugin off, and with the plugin on (standing directly infront of the other player facing them at 1m).

Below is a waveform test. A constant tone generator was played through a character, the first two are with ACRE turned off, the second two are with ACRE turned on, the last one being radio (the clipping being caused by a double beep being fed across the audio stream from the test machine).

waveform.jpg

As you can see they are all almost exactly the same.

That's definitely not the case for me and the rest of the people I tested ACRE2 with.

We had to set the volume in teamspeak as high as it would go, and between missions be nearly deafened by how loud we all were only for it to be incredibly quiet ingame

we ended up having to set acre's global volume to be something like 1.5 times volume for us to comfortably hear each other.

Could it be a windows/teamspeak settings difference that triggers this?

I have no enhanchements active from windows mixer right now.

Maybe it's some "hidden" setting that you have and we don't.

It means Arma is now broken so probably shouldn't use that in your mission. It isn't an ACRE bug, it is a bug in A3 which causes the gear system to become corrupted and desynchronized between all players and the server

Hmm, we get the object created on server re-boot. I.e. Fresh mission. That's under thorough ADMIN only tests - Acre works perfectly as long as no-one touches that Lone "ACRE Radio" in the top of the box.

Range is very interesting as some of our player base were complaining about the 148 just not being able to reach out to air assets. We flew more than 14km away from a transmitting 148 and had a very good signal out to about 10 then steady degredation. So it definitely works. BUT is very affected by Valleys and hills. Looks like we desperately need those re-trans-mission stations.

I did share the API's link with some of our more clever people and I assume they could pull something together using a "radio tower" object Conveniently placed ? Is that Right Kju ? Or do we need to wait for you to build something.

Could it be a windows/teamspeak settings difference that triggers this?

I have no enhanchements active from windows mixer right now.

Maybe it's some "hidden" setting that you have and we don't.

For the volumes issue the ONLY instance where we're getting problems is with a few players who run Windows sounds levels at like 10% then boost volume through their soundcard Amp Channel (not sure why they're doing it - that way) But as long as they remember to turn Windows UP before play it's all fine.

Offer still stands to come and test with us. It works perfectly on our server if people wanted to eliminate their server variable ? We can compare settings one for one if it will help ?

Hmm I have never altered my windows sound settings as far as I can remember so these are my defaults.

Maybe my speakers alterd it or something but with the amount of people who say its too quiet, I would say that most are on default windows settings.

RXvCI8I.jpg

I would suggest that if windows sounds are at default and Acre sounds too quiet.

Then Acre is at fault and needs adjusting to match default windows settings ?

My group too has universally low direct voice volume. Most of us are running hardware analog volume controls with windows volume maxed out. We all have observed that altering the Teamspeak volume has no effect on the volume of direct speech either up or down. Radio transmission volume works fine though.

Clearly with the number of reports coming in it doesn't seem to be an isolated cases. It would also seem to be a problem afflicting whole communities in a binary fashion, either everyone has it or not. Which leads me to ask if it could possibly be a problem with the Teamspeak server itself? A version mismatch perhaps?

To tell the truth, radio voice sounds are a bit too low as well for us, while the bleep seems fine.

My group too has universally low direct voice volume. Most of us are running hardware analog volume controls with windows volume maxed out. We all have observed that altering the Teamspeak volume has no effect on the volume of direct speech either up or down. Radio transmission volume works fine though.

Clearly with the number of reports coming in it doesn't seem to be an isolated cases. It would also seem to be a problem afflicting whole communities in a binary fashion, either everyone has it or not. Which leads me to ask if it could possibly be a problem with the Teamspeak server itself? A version mismatch perhaps?

This isn't the case on the server I usually play, I think only me and a couple other guys have this problem, but then again it can be a different issue with the same result.

Hmm, we get the object created on server re-boot. I.e. Fresh mission. That's under thorough ADMIN only tests - Acre works perfectly as long as no-one touches that Lone "ACRE Radio" in the top of the box.

Oh, yea that is a problem with that gear box script then. That radio should be a private baseclass that never gets added. I don't know why it's being added. It's scope should be set to private since it's not a real weapon.

Oh, yea that is a problem with that gear box script then. That radio should be a private baseclass that never gets added. I don't know why it's being added. It's scope should be set to private since it's not a real weapon.

It's the Vanilla Arma 3 Vitual Armoury ?

We're struggling with a way to Black-list it or white list the other radios instead ?

Unfortunatly i have to report on the low sound issue on direct speak too.

Is there a setting to be set on server to avoid this? I see some talk about server side solution ??

Unfortunatly i have to report on the low sound issue on direct speak too.

Is there a setting to be set on server to avoid this? I see some talk about server side solution ??

Sjaba: to get you up to speed, the cause of the issue is yet unknown. Mod author NouberNou is unable to replicate the issue on his end and those of us who are effected are hypothesizing the cause.

Nouber, I gotta ask; the volume of ACRE2's direct and radio speech in game should be inheriting volumes from Teamspeak right? Because on my end changing the volume on Teamspeak up or down has no effect on the volume of ACRE2.

Thanks for the brief..

We will have a clan game night today using ACRE2 so i will check if all have the same issue or if it is somehow causing induvidual differences. Also game was updated to 1.32 now, not that i know if that will have anything to do with ACRE2.

The TS version we are running right now is 3.0.10.3 on Linux.

Could it be related to the low voice bug as someone suggested?

The TS version we are running right now is 3.0.10.3 on Linux.

Could it be related to the low voice bug as someone suggested?

I'm using 3.0.16 on windows7, and having the same issue. Probably today I'll hop on serjames's server and see if we can find if it's TS server that's causing these issues.