Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

TWRoach, I recommend you deleting @ACRE2 folder and TS3 plugin and then copying it again.

Thank you Solve the problem

Bug... That's a feature right ?

Proper comms protocol, you should not all be trying to transmit at the same time...

If it is a feature it would be nice to know if it is definitively. Proper comms protocol would be nice but currently impossible due to the current issues with direct voice being too low volume.

Our group has also found that ACRE2 seems to override TS3's volume settings wholesale. Is this the intended behavior? Our group has quite a wide variation of microphone equipment that require per-user volume scale adjustments to ensure that everyone is audible. If ACRE2 is discarding our settings that complicates matters further.

Btw NouberNou, is it intentional that when you have multiple radios with the same channel and you transmit you`ll transmit over all of the radios at the same time?

You are kiddin', right?

To be more precise: It shouldn't. But a proper failure report will be helpful

Just tested it. Discovered no problems. Obviously you hear two radios beeping but only one radio is sending.

Edited by Soldia

Is the only way to avoid the message of :-

"ACRE has determined that players in this mission have an inventory that has desynchronized from the server, this is due to a bug in the mission or a bug in Arma 3, NOT ACRE. This message will not dissappear and is a warning that ACRE may no longer be functioning correctly in this mission. The players experiencing the bug are listed below:\n\nPlayer\n".

To not allow players to change uniforms, vests or backpacks via BIS Virtual Arsenal, any other form of inventory manager and even ammo boxes of Items/Backpacks ?

Would this also mean removing all Vests and Backpacks from ALL dead AI and Dead players in our missions, so that a player cannot pick them up ?

Would we need to do all the above to use 569 ?

I may find it disturbing seeing all the naked dead guys laying around :)

Edited by BL1P

Yep i mean the bug is also occuring when you pick them up from boxes put them in your belt and put them back in the uniform.

A friend told me that.

So with the latest version of Acre2, I tried to use it with my friend.

We play though Evolve, which is like hamachi but less annoying (same concept), it assigns IPs all that stuff, here is the link:

https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

I can host games on arma 3 and my friends connect fine on the LAN tab, so arma 3 mp works fine. (ie: evolve works, its not broken)

But when I use Acre2 (both me and my friend have the mod, and the latest ts3 plugins installed)

and we both connect to the same teamspeak server (not one hosted on evolve, its some random empty server)

in the same channel with plugin enabled,

In game acre2 works, but only for me (I am hosting the game over evolve LAN)

For my friends it works for like, 10 or 15 seconds before their acre loses connection between arma and teamspeak, and (as it should) they are muted and I dont hear them in ts..

But I dont get why it wouldnt work, we dont share the same IP, for instance me as host is like xx.xx.xx.1 and he is like xx.xx.xx.2 or .3 etc

And the teamspeak server isnt muting/kicking us etc or any anti spam, its the connection between teamspeak and arma which is the problem..

Sorry for this post being formatted like shit etc etc... I just hope you can help me with this issue since I see no reason it wouldnt work. Thank you.

(ps: In the mission it was just 2 players placed , no adding radios, anything like that, we are just 2 players with the radio you get by default (the default acre one))

We were both running latest dev branch, but the exact same thing happened to us on a earlier stable build of arma with the older acre2, on different teamspeak servers as well.

Newest ACRE2 and CBA, my friend have following issue: after mission start I can talk with him normally, but when he click radio ptt then his game and ts hangs and he have to kill TS3 process and restart it to unstuck the game. After that he can talk again but when he try to use radio - same thing happens.

He runs game and TS3 as admin, our dedicated have all up to date addons. Any ideas how to fix this?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is this latest version indicative of the current development focus? I don't want to see you guys crush a bunch of bugs, go on to implement stuff, and end up breaking the same systems you just fixed :p And I'm curious how the radio/ffeatureset implementation is going. Especially simulating the radios seems pretty challenging and I'm curious how time consuming you're finding that to be. Are you working on that behind the scenes and just releasing a little bug fix to help facilitate testing?

People in our community complain about too low speaking volume. For some even making game more quiet and TS3 more loud doesnt help. Will this be fixed?

When you say too low, do you mean always too low? Or when you move away from someone it gets quiet too quickly?

Just saying "too low" is really unhelpful. I have objective tests on my machine that the sound level measured in recordings is the same for radios and speaking when 1m away from someone as it is when ACRE is turned off, so I need more information here people.

I also have a fairly equal amount of people saying it is just fine, and even some people saying it is too loud.

I believe they all mean "quieter", Nouber.

I can vouch for that, as well. With a pretty active environment around, the radio transmissions sound quieter by comparison and it becomes a bit difficult to hear/understand fully.

When you say too low, do you mean always too low? Or when you move away from someone it gets quiet too quickly?

Just saying "too low" is really unhelpful. I have objective tests on my machine that the sound level measured in recordings is the same for radios and speaking when 1m away from someone as it is when ACRE is turned off, so I need more information here people.

I also have a fairly equal amount of people saying it is just fine, and even some people saying it is too loud.

It's just too quiet in general.

ACRE1 had the volume levels nearly perfect

Hello!

The small group that I play with has been looking forward to playing with ACRE on ArmA 3 and finally got around to getting this. The problem I am running into though (Which I can't seem to find any info on) is that when I activate the ACRE2 Plugin on Teamspeak I get an error that says:

"This server is NOT registered for ACRE2 Testing! Please remove the plugin! Teamspeak will now close."

I didn't see anything about registering teamspeak for ACRE2 on the original post and I didn't see anything about it on the download website. Is there something I am missing or something that is set wrong on the teamspeak server?

Thanks!

You're downloading the wrong version. There is a private and public beta. You need the PUBLIC beta on that download link.

You're downloading the wrong version. There is a private and public beta. You need the PUBLIC beta on that download link.

Ahh, that was it. I really shouldn't be doing all the mod/map editting work after a full days work and little rest :P

Thanks!

The gerneral volume it's very low! 3 m away and we almoust can't hear the other player, 5m and you just hear a mumble, with veicles arround with the engines running even face to face we have dificulties talking, we have to use the radio that has the same volume problem, but you can hear cristal clear.

I increased the volume boost of TS3, and it didn't work, and as soon as i leave the server, ppl were SCREAMING in my ears.

If necessary i can make a video of it!

For the record, with the windows sound at 100% for A3 and TS3, you can't hear what a player sais further than 2m. Reducing the volume of A3 to 40% it's mutch better, but the game sound are too low and you can bearly hear the ambient sounds.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

For those of you that have teamspeak being quiet when you get in game, try this

Right click your windows sound.

Go to playback devices.

Navigate to the Communications tab.

Set the option to do nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/fjMcLT5.png

http://imgur.com/fzoRekQ

i'll try this!

Didn't work! It's the same! As i turn off the plugin, the level of the speech of other players right next to me increases A LOT! If i had a volume bar like in ACRE plugin, i would increase about 30-40%, and all of my squad mates have the same problem!

Didn't work! It's the same! As i turn off the plugin, the level of the speech of other players right next to me increases A LOT! If i had a volume bar like in ACRE plugin, i would increase about 30-40%, and all of my squad mates have the same problem!

I have the exact same problem. Just to clarify TS sound it's fine while outside of the actual game (basically when acre2 is not active, in briefings or when the game is not even open the sound is loud and clear like it should be) but once acre syncs the volume goes down allot, people 3 meters away are no louder than a whisper, even using any available radio the audio is still low and hard to hear. Right now my arma 3 main sound is at 10% to be able to understand anything.

I often play Arma2 with acre(1) and I never had these problems.

Btw just some things I've tried with no sucess.

Reinstall TS and ACRE2 (tried to change the TS settings folder from the default place in my documents, to the install directory to see if there was something from a older version of TS settings messing it up, but the problem remains)

All my sounds are on max

On TS settings, the voice volume adjustment setting it's maxed out too (+20 dB)

I'm really struggling to fix this one, any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Almost everybody in my community reports the same experience as Nuno Basto and madplan. Most people fix this temporarily by lowering the effect slider of the in-game sounds severely.

I agree with the assessment that Acre (A2) volume levels would be spot on.

Other than that I'm very happy that Acre2 exists and I'm looking forward to its future development. Thanks for all the hard work.