Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

As someone whose not worked with ACRE in A2, can someone explain the ID of radios to me? Does it affect their use on loadouts? What am I spawning on a units INIT line to ensure everything works? If I just link a single "ACRE_PRC343" does it get assigned an ID or something?

Just spawn ACRE_PRC343 or ACRE_PRC148 and ACRE will handle the rest.

As I understand it, the IDs are to get around the fact that ArmA doesn't let you save variables for an instance of an item. So to have unique settings each radio has to have a unique class for each one.

After I press capslock, 1 second later, my game freezes entirely, TeamSpeak 3 freezes. Testing with a friend, I could still hear him (not 3d local though) and he said he heard me broadcasting, while everything's frozen up.

Then I alt-tab, exit ts3 win64 process by task manager and the game continues like it was nothing. When i reboot TS3 and press capslock again, same thing happens.

Log file says this:

Pipe Error: Read CreateFileA WinErrCode: 2
724.155 ACRE: Pipe opened.
767.246 ACRE: ACRE HAS EXPERIENCED A PIPE ERROR AND PIPE IS NOW CLOSING!
767.247 ACRE: Server shutting down ping loop.
767.25 ACRE PIPE ERROR: No ping return, attempting to reattach named pipe.

I am using TS3 64-bit, 3.0.16 (latest). With correct ACRE2 dll loaded, I right-clicked the .dll file and made it 'unblock' as well.

My friend doesn't have this issue, and uses 3.0.14.

Any way of fixing this?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

can anyone help me i cant get the Acre2 to work i put it in my arma addon folder with cba_3 and with the launch parameters and yes i double double checked them they are correct even with play withsix it is not working, i get acre connected in the top right and it never dissapears for me and the keybindings are not working so what am i doing from need some help

Greetz

Rob

can anyone help me i cant get the Acre2 to work i put it in my arma addon folder with cba_3 and with the launch parameters and yes i double double checked them they are correct even with play withsix it is not working, i get acre connected in the top right and it never dissapears for me and the keybindings are not working so what am i doing from need some help

Greetz

Rob

Hey if you want you can join my Community TS we have a Tech Support Channel that can provide you with help.

TS IP is tf47.de

The fact that ACRE2 as a public beta, such a short time after the release of the game, is a work of absolute dedication and service to the community. Everyone in my group is tremendously excited to finally be able to make the switch over from the ported ACRE module, to the new ACRE 2 module. We all want to express our gratitude for your many long hours and nights of work to bring us this product, something undoubtedly paramount to the survival of our community and gameplay style as a whole.

However, there is one thing that I wish to bring to your concern.

Current Version: 2.0.1.560

The following is NOT a issue, and is a FEATURE in ACRE2: When you are in game and ACRE is connected you will NOT be able to hear people that are not in the game as well. This is meant as a failsafe to any issues where someone might be having connectivity issues with ACRE and it is designed to minimize and reduce situations that can reduce immersion.

We feel that this feature is going to bring far more problems in than it's going to solve. Here's a series of reason as to why we believe that these features should be placed on a list that can be determined by server administrators through some kind of mission code or teamspeak 3 setting or even a switch in the mod distribution.

• We use locked channels to prevent ACRE users from outside interference when necessary.
  • We often use public servers for recruitment, and the chaos as an incentive for players to download ACRE or move to the NON ACRE channel.
  • During training sessions, it is sometimes necessary for the instructor to act as a "Voice of God" and speak to everyone at once while the trainees use ACRE. This new "Feature" removes that capability from us, forcing us to be under ACRE conditions even when we don't want to. If we are doing vehicle, helicopter, or even RADIO training with ACRE, and want to demonstrate the capabilities. An instructor will often turn his plugin on and off in order to change how players can hear him.
  • Sometimes, it is necessary to contact an administrator who is not playing the game, or won't hear teamspeak messages. This will not allow us to communicate outside of the game without leaving it, a huge inconvenience!
  • Sometimes, two players might be talking while inside of the game and wish to talk with someone who is outside of the game because of a casual setting. This "Feature" is unwanted because it removes that capability even when it is actually desired by the players.

These are some pretty serious issues that interfere with everyone from casual, derpying around to training, to administration, to working with and advertising our gameplay to public players, to testing missions on dedicated servers. It's rather unfortunate that because of this feature, ACRE2 has become something less of an omnipresent tool, that can be used and run in all scenarios, to an all or nothing that offers to bog down players by forcing them to restart their games with the entire mod disabled, or have all players disable the plugin themselves. These are time-tested methods that my community uses to enhance it's gameplay, teach new players, and advertise to the public. We feel that we really can't use ACRE 2 in it's current state because of this feature, and humbly ask that some kind of countermeasure be implemented in order to allow certain communities who have the desire, an opportunity to avoid this change.

Thank you for your attention and hard work.

-242nd Nightstalkers.

The fact that ACRE2 as a public beta, such a short time after the release of the game, is a work of absolute dedication and service to the community. Everyone in my group is tremendously excited to finally be able to make the switch over from the ported ACRE module, to the new ACRE 2 module. We all want to express our gratitude for your many long hours and nights of work to bring us this product, something undoubtedly paramount to the survival of our community and gameplay style as a whole.

However, there is one thing that I wish to bring to your concern.

We feel that this feature is going to bring far more problems in than it's going to solve. Here's a series of reason as to why we believe that these features should be placed on a list that can be determined by server administrators through some kind of mission code or teamspeak 3 setting or even a switch in the mod distribution.

• We use locked channels to prevent ACRE users from outside interference when necessary.
  • We often use public servers for recruitment, and the chaos as an incentive for players to download ACRE or move to the NON ACRE channel.
  • During training sessions, it is sometimes necessary for the instructor to act as a "Voice of God" and speak to everyone at once while the trainees use ACRE. This new "Feature" removes that capability from us, forcing us to be under ACRE conditions even when we don't want to. If we are doing vehicle, helicopter, or even RADIO training with ACRE, and want to demonstrate the capabilities. An instructor will often turn his plugin on and off in order to change how players can hear him.
  • Sometimes, it is necessary to contact an administrator who is not playing the game, or won't hear teamspeak messages. This will not allow us to communicate outside of the game without leaving it, a huge inconvenience!
  • Sometimes, two players might be talking while inside of the game and wish to talk with someone who is outside of the game because of a casual setting. This "Feature" is unwanted because it removes that capability even when it is actually desired by the players.

These are some pretty serious issues that interfere with everyone from casual, derpying around to training, to administration, to working with and advertising our gameplay to public players, to testing missions on dedicated servers. It's rather unfortunate that because of this feature, ACRE2 has become something less of an omnipresent tool, that can be used and run in all scenarios, to an all or nothing that offers to bog down players by forcing them to restart their games with the entire mod disabled, or have all players disable the plugin themselves. These are time-tested methods that my community uses to enhance it's gameplay, teach new players, and advertise to the public. We feel that we really can't use ACRE 2 in it's current state because of this feature, and humbly ask that some kind of countermeasure be implemented in order to allow certain communities who have the desire, an opportunity to avoid this change.

Thank you for your attention and hard work.

-242nd Nightstalkers.

The real reason this was implemented is because Arma is inherently unstable. The multiplayer coding is fairly poor and there are numerous situations where the game state differs from one moment to the next, or from client to client or client to server in a way that is entirely unpredictable and unstable. In ACRE1 this led to situations where speakers would randomly be globalized to everyone on the server, which is a frustrating and immersion breaking experience. In ACRE2 I took a different approach, I assume that if you are in the game and it is running then you should be speaking through ACRE, so I gather all the information needed to initiate a speaking event locally and then broadcast that myself to other players, themselves making the same assumption. Using the local information they can try and derive who it is that is speaking, so the onus falls on the people getting a speaking event to verify the authenticity and validity of that event, rather than making an assumption that all speaking events are valid and that if there isn't data to be found that the speaker is NOT in game and should be heard globally. The default now is that if they can not be found in game then they are not in the game and that the speaking should be muted. This solves the problem of unreliably resolving the player in Arma.

That being said I have thought of ways of mitigating this issue, including a "god" mode speaking and the ability to disable ACRE locally and remotely on players so they fall back to normal teamspeak (essentially ACRE uses TS for nothing more than an audio transport layer, almost all of the events and the sound system are written entirely from scratch so as to gain the most custom functionality).

Is there a teamspeak API? Like am I able to change a player's TS channel through a function, or even make him join a certain TS server?

If you mean in ACRE no.

My community is currently Developing a Plugin for BEC that switches Player when they are connected.

If you mean in ACRE no.

My community is currently Developing a Plugin for BEC that switches Player when they are connected.

I know there was an API for ACRE1, it wasn't that great and didn't really function well but I figured if there was one for ACRE1 then there should also be one for ACRE2 (was hoping for an improved API).

Anyway can you provide me with a link to your community? Thanks.

I know there was an API for ACRE1, it wasn't that great and didn't really function well but I figured if there was one for ACRE1 then there should also be one for ACRE2 (was hoping for an improved API).

Anyway can you provide me with a link to your community? Thanks.

I talked with nou already he was not sure yet if he will implement it agian.

Sure taskforce47.de

TF47.de is the TS Ip

Firstly, thank you Nou for ACRE2!!!

Secondly a bit of background to my question that will follow. I'm midway through creating a mission which has a small German Force in charge of a larger Independant Force (like an OMLT) attacking an objective and as such am using babel to keep the language barrier intact. I have set up the languages from the information I could find in the thread and think they should work. What I would like to do is as well as setting the languages for the sides also have a single player who can act as an interpreter between the two forces.

I have limited coding knowledge, in fact all I know has come from arma, and as such I'm having great difficultly trying to work out firstly how to get the specific unit and secondly how to allow the unit to speak both languages?

The code I am using to set the languages is:

["german", "Deutsch"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;
["pashto", "Pashto"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;

if (side player == west) then {
["german"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

if (side player == east) then {
["pashto"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

if (side player == resistance) then {

any help would be greatly appreciated

I talked with nou already he was not sure yet if he will implement it agian.

Well I really hope he does, I remember they promised to improve the API with the ACRE2 so that's kinda disappointing.

Well I really hope he does, I remember they promised to improve the API with the ACRE2 so that's kinda disappointing.

That feature was rarely used and often more annoying to implement and maintain than it was worth. There is the possibility of channel switching API, but most likely not a server joining API, especially so that ACRE2 still doesn't handle multiple TS3 connections very well (and that is a big task to make happen).

If you want to see more niche features considered then that is where donating helps by the way. I am not saying that a feature like that will be added just because you donate, but the fact that there is more money (and in return more time available to ACRE development) means that there is a higher chance of those features making it in to ACRE.

Also FYI the API meant a lot of things and was mostly focused on things used every day like mission making.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Firstly, thank you Nou for ACRE2!!!

Secondly a bit of background to my question that will follow. I'm midway through creating a mission which has a small German Force in charge of a larger Independant Force (like an OMLT) attacking an objective and as such am using babel to keep the language barrier intact. I have set up the languages from the information I could find in the thread and think they should work. What I would like to do is as well as setting the languages for the sides also have a single player who can act as an interpreter between the two forces.

I have limited coding knowledge, in fact all I know has come from arma, and as such I'm having great difficultly trying to work out firstly how to get the specific unit and secondly how to allow the unit to speak both languages?

The code I am using to set the languages is:

["german", "Deutsch"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;
["pashto", "Pashto"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;

if (side player == west) then {
["german"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

if (side player == east) then {

if (side player == resistance) then {

any help would be greatly appreciated

There is a slight bug in Babel right now with more than 2 languages or when not assigning a default language through the setSpeakingLanguage command. When CBA releases the next ACRE2 update will be out and that issue will be fixed. :)

Is there an ETA on 119s? When ACRE2 Beta was released I read that 119s and 117s were in 'short term development' and lots of us are eager to upgrade past the ACRE to A3 port and use ACRE2, but we can't get by with just 148s. Even a placeholder would be good.

Is there an ETA on 119s? When ACRE2 Beta was released I read that 119s and 117s were in 'short term development' and lots of us are eager to upgrade past the ACRE to A3 port and use ACRE2, but we can't get by with just 148s. Even a placeholder would be good.

AFAIK People can start doing there own radios now with the API.

Is you have some talanted People you could think about that.

That feature was rarely used and often more annoying to implement and maintain than it was worth. There is the possibility of channel switching API, but most likely not a server joining API, especially so that ACRE2 still doesn't handle multiple TS3 connections very well (and that is a big task to make happen).

If you want to see more niche features considered then that is where donating helps by the way. I am not saying that a feature like that will be added just because you donate, but the fact that there is more money (and in return more time available to ACRE development) means that there is a higher chance of those features making it in to ACRE.

Also FYI the API meant a lot of things and was mostly focused on things used every day like mission making.

I feel like this feature (and the API) was rarely used because:

1. It was very basic and didn't really have many options.

2. Alot of people didn't actually know about this thing.

I really think this API can be used for some really cool and neat things.

Anyway, I will surely be donating, not for a hope for an API of course but for all the entertainment this addon has given me.

Keep it up!

I don't understand this, the 148 is a fundamentally better radio in every way. It has more power and range than the 119. The 117, yes, that is a better radio.

Could you humor me with the specifications for a 148 and 119 then? It is in my experience that the opposite is true. What is the range of the 148 in ACRE2? How does it compare, number wise, to a 119 in ACRE?

The 119 max broadcasting power is 4 watts with out an external amplifier (so just in the backpack). The 148 is 5 watts with out an amplifier. The 148 also can cover more bands and waveforms than the 119 can, the 119 only being able to do SINCGARS (it was the original SINCGARS capable radio, often just refered to as a SINCGARS).

In ACRE1 all the radios defaulted to their lowest power, and I do not think most people ended up turning up the power on the 148, from it's lowest power setting of 100mW. The 119, which has an even lower low power setting of like 1mW (or 0.5 depending on who you ask, the model, spec sheets, etc), was easy to see and switch away from.

Also it is highly possible people in ACRE1 (or ACRE2) are using the wrong frequencies for the antenna attached to it and that is severely limiting its range.

Wow, that's totally counter to all we knew. 148's were good for about 5km assuming no hills etc. 119 would do the map ? i.e. Takistan with no problems.

We always used full power as we split our channels so no danger of cross talk.

I'm really surprised to hear you say the 148 is better :O

SJ

The 148 is ACRE2 performs different, slightly, than the one in ACRE1. The 148 in ACRE should be able to do about 12KM with perfect LOS and matching antennas/frequencies.

If you want to see more detailed signal data you can turn on the signal hint, which is enabled via acre_sys_signal_showSignalHint = true. Just put that someplace in your mission and you will see debug information.

Yep, look for a new release of ACRE2 within 24 hours or so. :)

New ACRE2 Release 2.0.2

Hey everyone, 2.0.2 is released, you can download it here: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/files

Changelog:

• New keybinding system using CBA keybind system in A3 menu, the userconfig is no longer required or included!
  • Volume tweaks, volume should be a bit better in direct speaking.
  • Fixes for Zeus compatibility.
  • Improved server performance when tracking gear.
  • New system to look for inventory bugs and warn users/mission makers when they have broken Arma 3.
  • Numerous small bug fixes and tweaks.

If you run across any bugs please remember to create tickets for them on the ACRE2 bug tracker: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/issues

Donations

Remember that your donations help make sure that features for ACRE2 arrive in a timely manner! Please, if you can, show your support here: http://www.patreon.com/acre

Edited by NouberNou