Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I was running in teamspeak admin mode....

Arma 3 as well.

Anyway as per saying for me to restart teamspeak or the plugin, well I did do that, 3 times (tested with 3 different people each time to make sure it WASNT the fault of them) and it didnt work properly on either try.

I dont know where to find this RPT file, if you tell me I will post it, but I dont have a account on that bug tracker thing, and I have enough accounts already, but I guess I can try to use that, I have never used one of those things :p

When I try to play on my linux server, ACRE2 works in direct talk, but nobody can PTT their radios. Works fine in the Windows server, except that one is crashing, so we're forced to use linux right now. Any ideas on why this might be happening? I see intialization and "ACRE Data Sync" messages in the terminal, so any ideas why the radios might not be working?

Getting an error in client rpt, on each session using acre2

<NULL-object> has no TS3 ID at idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_speaking.sqf:173

From a 4 hour session yesterday have approximately 400,000 lines.

Getting an error in client rpt, on each session using acre2

<NULL-object> has no TS3 ID at idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_speaking.sqf:173

From a 4 hour session yesterday have approximately 400,000 lines.

400,000 lines of just that or similar? I might know what the issue is.

Now that the massive de-synchronization problems are mostly fixed, will we see the new version released?

I'm asking because I hope that a public release helps identify and solve problems related to high-capacity servers as well as quicken the search for other, more specific issues.

Thank you for your attention and patience thus far.

Exact same line repeated. Checked with a few clanmates and they're seeing the same in their rpts.

Exact same line repeated. Checked with a few clanmates and they're seeing the same in their rpts.

Yea it should be fixed in the next version. What was happening I think is someone disconnected while they were speaking and then they kept existing in the speaking list as a null object. I now clean out the speaking list periodically to make sure there are no null objects in it.

Cool. Thanks for the quick response. Really enjoying the mod btw.

here it is: http://pastebin.com/9au0AVGy

it seems like ACRE is initializing but I can't understand the rest. thanks a lot

Hey, just thought I'd quote for visibility. I hope this can help other linux admins, though I'm new to linux servers so I don't know if maybe I just missed something obvious.

I did put acre_key_config.ini into /arma3/userconfig/acre2, but I don't know if I missed anything else. it just won't key the radios when we're playing, but directional talk works. we've tried dropping the radios and picking them back up, restarting teamspeak and the plugin, just can't communicate with radios.

Does this work well with Zeus?

I know the bootleg port from A2 to 3 of ACRE didn't work with Zeus.

Do you mean for the game mode or for the Game Master within the Zeus mode?

I have successfully installed the mod. I followed all the installation procedures but when I try to use it the mod does not run the commands and i can't open radio or use it to speak! What can I do? Thanks

I have successfully installed the mod. I followed all the installation procedures but when I try to use it the mod does not run the commands and i can't open radio or use it to speak! What can I do? Thanks

are you in multiplayer ?

And running TS and Game as Admin ?

Edited by meat147

are you in multiplayer ?

And running TS and Game as Admin ?

Yes i'm in multiplayer and running TS and Game as admin. I have userconfig in my arma3 folder and acre work but the commands doesn't do the same!

Is acre running on the server you want to play on ?

Yes, is running and working fine!

sTv5ZsDsoMk

A short (or as short as I can make it) video walk through on how to go about setting up babel in your missions will be up hopefully before this coming Tuesday.

EDIT: I fixed it. Search "possible fix for dedicated servers" in the OP.

Edited by GDent

Just ran a test session with ACRE2 with a member of my group and things went well for the most part. We were really impressed with how easy it was to install and setup (using PW6 it was painless). Everything worked fine except that when my buddy was transmitting on the radio, I would also hear him as though he were speaking outside the game on TS, so that his voice would be loud and clear and then the radio transmission would come through under that slightly delayed. Any idea what could be causing this "doubling" of his voice when transmitting?

Is it possible that your server has VON enabled?

Sorry, just figured out what you meant, that's it, he had VON bound to caps. Thanks!!!

Edited by subunit

Hello NouberNou

Could you explain a little about why this message :-

"!!!! WARNING ONEACHFRAME POSSIBLY REASSIGNED !!!! IT APPEARS THAT A ADDON OR MISSION HAS POSSIBLY FAILED TO CORRECTLY USE THE BIS STACKED EVENT HANDLER FUNCTIONS FOR ONEACHFRAME!"

could be called if the only thing using onEachFrame is ACRE2 ?

Is it specifically looking for problems with on onEachFrame in Mission or Mods or is it looking at performance delays ?

PS. bitchAndMoanBadMissionMaker = ROFL

The only thing I can think of which we use is this :-

addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D", 
{   
	if (vehicle player == player && visibleGPS && inputAction "minimapToggle" == 0) then {
		showGPS false;
	} else {
		showGPS true;
	};
}];