Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I think that is how he said we are supposed to do it, also, its ACRE 2 Beta, not ACRE3 just yet :)

That issue may suggest otherwise, maybe it isnt the correct way??

I think that is how he said we are supposed to do it, also, its ACRE 2 Beta, not ACRE3 just yet :)

That issue may suggest otherwise, maybe it isnt the correct way??

Oops, brain fart there! All these numbers have me confused..

But yeah that is what I am wondering, using the same system from ACRE1 to 2 seems to cause issues. I am guessing its because its saving an item called (for example) ACRE_PRC343_ID_1 or whatever. I might experiment a bit and have it replace it with the generic radio (as I guess it should be) and see if that makes a difference.

I have a simple script which takes peoples gear and lets them load / save it, at the moment it just takes the class names and saves it. I wonder is this the right way to do it for ACRE3? Should I check if I am saving a radio and do something differently? When I tested it a couple of days ago I seemed to have an issue where people did not get their radios when they reloaded their loadout.

Very rudimentary steps to use in a script/ to ensure you don't save an ACRE radio with ID (these could probably be refined by a mind not just waking up without any caffeine):

Get a list of the current radios on the unit:

_curRadioList = [] call [url="http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/Mission_API#acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList"]acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList[/url];

Generate an array of the base radio classes (the ones we use to add radios) of each of the entries in _curRadioList:

{[_x] call [url="http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/Mission_API#acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio"]acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio[/url]; _curRadioBaseClasses set [count _curRadioBaseClasses, _x]} forEach _curRadioList;

Ensure you remove the contents of _curRadioList and replace with _curRadioBaseClasses when you save the list of items on the player/unit.

How you do that is entirely dependent upon how you store the load-out data e.g items stored in an array:

_saveItems = (items _unit) - _curRadioList + _curRadioBaseClasses

Note: you will have to do a similar check on the assignedItems of a unit/player as these are not included in the return from: items object.

Edited by ToadBall

Um, I forgot to mention elsewhere, make sure in playback that you have DirectSound selected, otherwise you can get strange behavior with Windows Audio Session.

Try that in 8.1 and see if it helps your issues. Make sure to restart the plugin if you are already in game.

I tried but had no luck :(

Hey, quick question

Some people in my group are getting pipe errors over and over again, their ACRE2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. Could this crash the server? It seems to crash immediately on mission start

It won't crash the server, has nothing to do with the server. Tell them to restart TS or the plugin when the get in game. The bug is fixed in the next version of ACRE2.

19:58:53 6196.6 acre error: All ids for class acre_prc148 are taken!
19:58:53 6196.6 acre error: All ids for class acre_prc343 are taken!

At some point this will happen and when it happens radios stop working for people.

But when I`ve been debugging it respawning players, creating AIs etc and then cleaning up I just can`t break the ID system.

19:03:11 2854.43 ACRE WARNING: Id object relation created independently of unique ID creation process (ACRE_PRC343_ID_1)

As this is a just a warning I guess it`s not dangerous to see?

Does Zeus mess up with ACRE2? Just asking because in the box content items list there`s a lot of entries for the radios.

Do radios in a box reserve a ID?

EDIT:

Also not using any scripts to add radios as we have them already on the units in configs.

Edited by eRazeri

19:58:53 6196.6 acre error: All ids for class acre_prc148 are taken!
19:58:53 6196.6 acre error: All ids for class acre_prc343 are taken!

At some point this will happen and when it happens radios stop working for people.

But when I`ve been debugging it respawning players, creating AIs etc and then cleaning up I just can`t break the ID system.

19:03:11 2854.43 ACRE WARNING: Id object relation created independently of unique ID creation process (ACRE_PRC343_ID_1)

As this is a just a warning I guess it`s not dangerous to see?

Does Zeus mess up with ACRE2? Just asking because in the box content items list there`s a lot of entries for the radios.

Do radios in a box reserve a ID?

EDIT:

Also not using any scripts to add radios as we have them already on the units in configs.

You are most likely using addWeapon for them instead of addItem. The addWeapon command breaks the Arma gear system when its used with item type weapons and can corrupt the running game.

With Zeus it is listing all of the items for ACRE, which includes the unique ID ones. That is something Zeus needs to fix as there is no way to prevent it in ACRE. They should be checking the armory display values and not displaying things that wouldn't be displayed in the armory.

Yes, but it is a private beta at the moment. Waiting for CBA to release a fix to the keyhandler system then I will be pushing 563.

What's the ETA on CBA/ACRE2 release as of today? I don't know if I should distribute current ACRE2 version within my unit or should I just wait few days. This radios volume is really low ;)

What's the ETA on CBA/ACRE2 release as of today? I don't know if I should distribute current ACRE2 version within my unit or should I just wait few days. This radios volume is really low ;)

Never, Ever ask ETA if author didn't mention like soon or tomorow.

Wait, you can't hear ANYTHING, or it is too quiet?

Thanks for your quick reply,

In a quiet environment I can hear it barely (like whispers from far away). I could say that everything works except the volume :j:

With Zeus it is listing all of the items for ACRE, which includes the unique ID ones. That is something Zeus needs to fix as there is no way to prevent it in ACRE.

Add

scopeCurator = 0;

or

scope = 1;

to each radio with an ID. I think it should help. Deleting the radios with IDs in their classname from the

weapons[] = {};

should also help - so, there are ways to prevent it in ACRE :)

Add

scopeCurator = 0;

or

scope = 1;

to each radio with an ID. I think it should help. Deleting the radios with IDs in their classname from the

weapons[] = {};

should also help - so, there are ways to prevent it in ACRE :)

Didn't know about scopeCurator, will try it. Not sure why they don't just use the same thing as the armory. So annoying have repetitious configuration entries like that.

It's the BIS way :D there is no documentation about scopeCurator, so no one knows about it - also the BIS way ^^

Has anyone used the babel feature yet ?

Should i just put this in the init.sqf?

if (playerside == west) then

{

["english", "English"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;

};

if (playerside == civilian) then

{

["german", "Deutsch"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;

};

this btw does not work..

Edited by meat147

Has anyone used the babel feature yet ?

Should i just put this in the init.sqf?

this btw does not work..

Try something like this,

["german", "Deutsch"] call acre_api_fnc_babelAddLanguageType;

if (side player == west) then {

["english"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

if (side player == east) then {

["german"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

if (side player == resistance) then {

["english", "german"] call acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages;};

This will make the West speak English, East speak German, and Indies speak both which they can swap between using their left windows key.

The reason your code did not work is because you are defining the names of the languages in that code not telling them what they can speak.

Thanks will test that...

can anyone confirm this behavior when just one players spawns his radio over the aresenal ? (FPS drop / Lags when someone press radio ptt)

1. can the radio and direct talk volume be increased?

2. can it be with ZEUS? Zeus being able to radio chat with players?

not that i know ..

if zeus is a player and when he is in his own person he can talk and use the radio.

Me and my friend play with this on coop, and he randomly gets a note that his acre is being connected and disconnected, we are both running the latest version of teamspeak.

my acre works fine but his fucks up and just disconnects his arma and reconnects to his arma randomly.

And some thoughts/suggestions about Babel: is it possible now/will be in future to replace current "voice morphing" feature for languages that player don't speak with custom soundpack with real phrases for desired language (maybe random, without any particular meaning but with great impact on atmosphere)? I think, it could be great because current state does well in anti-overhearing, but it ruins atmosphere badly with it's "robotic" sound.

Any reaction from devs? Is it possible to setup babel in such a way? I think it could be wonderful with some soundpack from stalker or bf.

I agree.. I can help get you some forigen language sound sources if you want, like sound samples and stuff probably

Edit:

God damn, my acre2 seems to be fucking up, both me and my freind are getting pipe errors and disconnect shit and it just doesnt really work at all anymore, before it at least worked for a few seconds or minutes before breaking....

We have latest clients and latest server.... plugins installed and everything... mine ts3 is running in administrator mode, and so was my other freind i tested with earlier and it still broke..

Made sure anti flood stuff had really high values so it cant be anti flood stopping it...

No idea what to do now

Edited by MikeTim

Did another test, it borked in the same way with it not working and pipe errors again...

My friends setup seemed fine and I believe mine is too...

Yeah really not sure what's the issue... Same issue with 3 players, the first time mine worked but my friends broke, now mine breaks with errors about pipe stuff too

Any reaction from devs? Is it possible to setup babel in such a way? I think it could be wonderful with some soundpack from stalker or bf.

No, this is not possible. It'd be trite and not really convey the same thing. It'd just be random phrases and stuff with no context or consistency.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Did another test, it borked in the same way with it not working and pipe errors again...

My friends setup seemed fine and I believe mine is too...

Yeah really not sure what's the issue... Same issue with 3 players, the first time mine worked but my friends broke, now mine breaks with errors about pipe stuff too

Restart Teamspeak or the plugin if you get this in game. This is a bug that is fixed in the next version.

Also please make a ticket on the issue tracker and post your RPT file please, otherwise I have to make assumptions about the issue.