Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

I can't seem to get any of the keys working. I have a 148 in my inventory and using capslock as my PTT does not transmit. None of the other keys work either. My userconfig folder is in the correct location, I'm running TS and Arma 3 in admin as well.

Are you in multi player? Might be a silly question but it doesn't work in SP and I dunno about others but it is usually where I quickly test things so that stumped me briefly.

Ya I just needed to be in multiplayer, I also noticed that I can't use any numpad keys for ACRE2. I basically bound most of my keys in ACRE1 to the numpad but it doesn't seem I can get numpad keys to work in ACRE2.

Ya I just needed to be in multiplayer, I also noticed that I can't use any numpad keys for ACRE2. I basically bound most of my keys in ACRE1 to the numpad but it doesn't seem I can get numpad keys to work in ACRE2.

After the next CBA update the key system is switching to an all Arma solution. Hold tight till then.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Thx for ACRE2 its great.

But I have a question.

Is Acre still spamming the TS, so you need to disable the "anti flood" feature?

Yes, there is no way around that. It's "spamming" data through the TS plugin API, but they put those limits on because you can easily write plugins that could do malicious things on a TS server. Really it isn't in the hands of ACRE, but TS on why they implemented the low limit. You just need to up it and its not a problem.

After the next CBA update the key system is switching to an all Arma solution. Hold tight till then.

Very nice. Keep it up, ACRE2 is baller yo.

Hello again :)

I ran some tests using the mission AIServerBenchmark https://github.com/BL2P/AIServerBenchmark/releases/tag/3

The mission creates AI on a dedicated server as long as the average fps is at or above 45fps

BL1P.

So I looked at that benchmark script. I don't trust it. It is using FSMs and the SQF scheduler.

I wrote my own little benchmark script that uses per-frame handlers and I got results that were fairly normal: http://raceriv.com/arma2/fps_benchmark_vanilla.VR.zip

It tries to create as many AI as possible over 120 seconds as long as the server FPS remains above 45.

Here it is with Vanilla Arma on dedicated server:

FPS BENCHMARK:
AI CREATED: 227
AI AVG CREATE INT: 0.26552s
AVG FPS: 34.9843

Here it is with just CBA:

FPS BENCHMARK:
AI CREATED: 230
AI AVG CREATE INT: 0.437278s
AVG FPS: 35.1284

And finally with CBA and ACRE2:

FPS BENCHMARK:
AI CREATED: 224
AI AVG CREATE INT: 0.517201s
AVG FPS: 33.3115

I'd say the results between them are minimal, with the CBA version actually creating more AI, even though the interval was slower than vanilla.

Furthermore, looking at the monitoring suit you are using it is also running in the scheduler (FSMs)... It is really hard to trust data out of that, especially in regards to things over time because the scheduler is incapable of keeping consistent time. Furthermore AI affect the scheduler, so you get compounding problems.

I'll look into it more, but but just take the stats you are getting with those scripts with a grain of salt.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just tried running ACRE2 on my own linux dedi server, and keep getting "ACRE: Server version and Client Version do not match". DL'ed using playwith6 and copied over to the server. I can confirm that the server is running ACRE2 and that i can hear in 3D but the screen keeps continually gradually greying out, then resetting, then greys out again.

Just tried running ACRE2 on my own linux dedi server, and keep getting "ACRE: Server version and Client Version do not match". DL'ed using playwith6 and copied over to the server. I can confirm that the server is running ACRE2 and that i can hear in 3D but the screen keeps continually gradually greying out, then resetting, then greys out again.

Double check that you do not have duplicate PBO files in either your server or client. ACRE uses unique PBO names for each version and having duplicates can cause this issue.

Hello,

i get an error playing with ACRE 2 on my dedicated Server.

This is the massage i get:

ACRE PIPE ERROR: No ping return, attempting to reattach named pipe.

TS plugin connected

TS runs as admin

Please help me love this mod.

Deleted both from client and server, re-downloaded using Playwith6, and copied over. Seems to work now (Cheers!), but in the background I could hear it working, why have the constant blacking out? Why not just the error message?

Edited by rhyswilliams999
a word..

Deleted both from client and server, re-downloaded using Playwith6, and copied over. Seems to work now (Cheers!), but in the background I could hear it working, why have the constant blacking out? Why not just the error message?

It is to force people to update and fix their issues rather than keep playing and potentially cause issues to other people as well as themselves that I then have to deal with when the simple fix would be for them to fix the discrepancy. :)

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Hello,

i get an error playing with ACRE 2 on my dedicated Server.

This is the massage i get:

TS plugin connected

TS runs as admin

Please help me love this mod.

Try restarting the plugin once you get on the server. There is a known bug at this time that is fixed in the dev build where this can be an issue.

Try restarting the plugin once you get on the server. There is a known bug at this time that is fixed in the dev build where this can be an issue.

Does the newest version 2_0_1_563 fix it?

Yes, but it is a private beta at the moment. Waiting for CBA to release a fix to the keyhandler system then I will be pushing 563.

I have problem with sounds in win 8. I cant hear everybody talking. Too small voice, but they can hear me clear and loud. Please fix !!!

Um, I forgot to mention elsewhere, make sure in playback that you have DirectSound selected, otherwise you can get strange behavior with Windows Audio Session.

Try that in 8.1 and see if it helps your issues. Make sure to restart the plugin if you are already in game.

22:54:51 3939.85 ACRE ERROR: ALL IDS FOR CLASS ACRE_PRC148 ARE TAKEN!

imba spamming server log

the same for 343

ACRE2 not working

think it belongs to an problem with the AI, they are stealing ID's ??

Players on server: 6

unknown amount of AI's

No, you are most likely using the addWeapon command someplace with radios instead of the addItem command. The addWeapon command causes issues when adding item types which can cause ACRE to infinitely assign radios.

Check your scripts, VAS, etc. They are most likely not following best practices in Arma 3.

I have a simple script which takes peoples gear and lets them load / save it, at the moment it just takes the class names and saves it. I wonder is this the right way to do it for ACRE3? Should I check if I am saving a radio and do something differently? When I tested it a couple of days ago I seemed to have an issue where people did not get their radios when they reloaded their loadout.