Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Make a ticket for a feature request for getting loudness of a player in the API and I'll try to add it soon. That being said, the curve model is a fairly good way to get it, but its annoyingly large (and it very well could change).

It is hardcoded at the moment for the original one: http://pastebin.com/cbG3Mj3x (distance, volume)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm guessing that you are pretty busy, and since this is probably a low priority feature for ACRE, I can most probably just do it on my side. That model you provided will be very helpful.

On that note, is the value passed to acre_api_fnc_setSelectableVoiceCurve simply a multiplier for a volume value in that model you gave?

And is the "ACRE_CURVE_MODEL_SELECTABLE_A" the same with the selectable voice curve, but it just uses the inverse square law as the base model?

Just for those that are interested, here is what the graph looks like based on the model NoberNou shared:

oimg?id=1aGyukr9EBQcs0ar18j9jA6RRzZdh0FdeHHaqm5ddLMU&oid=1652770820&zx=xlnkioxxd692

Thanks for ACRE.

Sound Volume in radio is very low.I try ed to follow change windows sound volume as i read in pre posts, but after end mission, sound volume of ts is to loud.

There is a option for changing sound volume for radio, in max we can hear barely , what about to increase default sound volume and if someone like to decrease, use sound volume option for it.

Is this just my problem with ACRE or others have too?

Babel seems to apply for me and my friend even if we're on the same side. Is there any way to fix this?

With babel, once the languages a player can speak are set, you have to set their speaking language to one of the languages they can otherwise they will speak the first language in the types list despite not understanding it.

I'll throw together the various bits and bobs I've found that are worth noting for mission makers when I have a spare moment however a step by step way to setup babel:

Set language types

Set spoken languages on unit,

setVariable something that contains an array of the languages that unit can speak (required in lieu of a getSpokenLanguages function in the API)

set speaking language to the first item in the above array.

Will it in the future, be possible to decided whether or not you'd want to hear other persons who are not the playing? Perhaps in the userconfig.

We played some random missions last night and on a few of them the radios were completely broken, both the 343 and the 148.

Heres a video sample from one of the sessions where I attempt to set manual frequencies incase the radio was just zeroed:

http://www.twitch.tv/generalgoran/b/560856192

notice the transmission box saying any - any too.

We played some random missions last night and on a few of them the radios were completely broken, both the 343 and the 148.

Heres a video sample from one of the sessions where I attempt to set manual frequencies incase the radio was just zeroed:

http://www.twitch.tv/generalgoran/b/560856192

notice the transmission box saying any - any too.

Server RPT and client RPT please.

The radio looked broken to begin with when that video started up.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Will it in the future, be possible to decided whether or not you'd want to hear other persons who are not the playing? Perhaps in the userconfig.

No, most likely not.

http://pastebin.com/2hrwRV11

around line 1731 seems to be where the problems are happening

I think I fixed this issue just now. The pipe is connecting, but messages are not being processed in Teamspeak. Restarting Teamspeak should fix your issue when you are in game until the next patch comes out .

hey, how can i use the 148 ? i dind't find it...i only see the default 343 in inventory and in editor..where is the 148 and how to assign it to players ? how can i assign both radios ?

hey, how can i use the 148 ? i dind't find it...i only see the default 343 in inventory and in editor..where is the 148 and how to assign it to players ? how can i assign both radios ?

[color=#333333]this addItem "ACRE_PRC148";

- players spawn with the 343 by default so you would end up with both. To remove the 343 on mission start I think removing "ItemRadio" could work. It worked in Arma 2 atleast.[/color]

Hey, with this babel thing, are the use of translators a thing?

You can make people be translators, yes. They can switch between which language they are speaking and can understand multiple languages at once.

Dumb question time :)

Does a dedicated server need to run acre2 mod as well as the clients ?

Reason I ask is we have disabled VAS in our stock mission and our server is still showing lowered CPS -4-5 also large lag spikes on FPS when using acre2 on the server.

This also happens if we load a stock mission like escape from altis coop 10.

can supply rpts and or ASM graphs with Server not running Acre as comparison if needed.

Edited by BL1P

I think I fixed this issue just now. The pipe is connecting, but messages are not being processed in Teamspeak. Restarting Teamspeak should fix your issue when you are in game until the next patch comes out .

Thanks nou, you've been very patient and helpful with all these 111 posts in 24 hours :) i'll be throwing a few dollars at your patreon later.

Will you add a feature like in TFAR, so that you can change the volume of your voice?

I find this a very important feature.

Also: I find the volume when talking (and especially in the radio) too quiet. I think it should be louder

And the Babel system is buggy. Me and my buddy cannot understand each other even though we both speak the same language.

(I set up english and german in init.sqf and then in the editor gave me and my buddy the ability to speak english and german (I used the examples from your website))

Everything else: Legen-waitforit-dary!

Edited by CAPTNCAPS

Will you add a feature like in TFAR, so that you can change the volume of your voice?

I find this a very important feature.

Also: I find the volume when talking (and especially in the radio) too quiet. I think it should be louder

And the Babel system is buggy. Me and my buddy cannot understand each other even though we both speak the same language.

(I set up english and german in init.sqf and then in the editor gave me and my buddy the ability to speak english and german (I used the examples from your website))

Everything else: Legen-waitforit-dary!

The volume adjustment has been implemented by Dslyecxi in his addon ST ACRE Volume. Nou has already stated why he hasn't added this as a feature (admitedly in the discussion thread).

With regards to setting up babel, please reffer to my prior post.

Alternatively, here is a rudimentary implementation of a babel: demo mission file.

I will take a look at the demo mission, I bet I just did something wrong :P

And for the ACRE volume, thanks, I will download the addon :)

Hey Nou I have yet another question about the API. I know you are busy with actual user problems but if you get a moment a solution to this would be great, I have some ideas I want to test out. From what I have seen so far though its pretty amazing. I love how simple it is.

My problem is this, I am trying to use "setChannelData" and I am just confused as to what to pass it (in terms of channel hash). I tried passing it an array with a channel id and what I have gotten from getChannelData and it just seems to break the radio. Am I being dumb and missing something really simple? Also at the moment I just want to pass the radio some new channel data, do I need to send every parameter or can I just send what I want to change (like just CTCSSTx/CTCSSRx for example).

(Oh and also is the hash thing just an array of [[key1,key2],[value1,value2]] etc? I wish to be able to craft my own hashes externally)

Hey Nou I have yet another question about the API. I know you are busy with actual user problems but if you get a moment a solution to this would be great, I have some ideas I want to test out. From what I have seen so far though its pretty amazing. I love how simple it is.

My problem is this, I am trying to use "setChannelData" and I am just confused as to what to pass it (in terms of channel hash). I tried passing it an array with a channel id and what I have gotten from getChannelData and it just seems to break the radio. Am I being dumb and missing something really simple? Also at the moment I just want to pass the radio some new channel data, do I need to send every parameter or can I just send what I want to change (like just CTCSSTx/CTCSSRx for example).

(Oh and also is the hash thing just an array of [[key1,key2],[value1,value2]] etc? I wish to be able to craft my own hashes externally)

If you are using the API here: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/API it is meant to be used for building new radios, and not really used in missions. You can use them in missions but they are pretty raw and it is easy to break things.

I would recommend looking at the implementation of those functions in the 148 source right now.

If you are looking to customize radios at the start of a mission I'd also look at how to make presets, which again right now is a bit raw, but you can find them in the pre-init files for the 343 and the 148.

As far as the hash goes, it has to be the complete channel. My advice is to get an existing channel and edit it, then update it using setChannelData.

There will be a full radio building tutorial eventually and any sort of functionality you want to see exposed in the mission making API let me know and I'll see how feasible it is (I am already considering a sub-API system for radios, allowing radios to implement their own call backs for doing specific things for those radios).

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Dumb question time :)

Does a dedicated server need to run acre2 mod as well as the clients ?

Reason I ask is we have disabled VAS in our stock mission and our server is still showing lowered CPS -4-5 also large lag spikes on FPS when using acre2 on the server.

This also happens if we load a stock mission like escape from altis coop 10.

can supply rpts and or ASM graphs with Server not running Acre as comparison if needed.

Yes, it is required.

What is the interval on the lag spikes and how many objects are in your mission? There is one part of the server side code that could use a bit of optimization. Basically ACRE looks through the inventories of every single vehicle/player/ammobox on the server right now to determine where radios are located (this is as opposed to ACRE1 where radios were tracked on each client, but led to many issues and a much more cumbersome system of ownership). That search is done once per second, and if there are a lot of objects it can create a significant delay in the frame that it falls on. I need to spread that search out over multiple frames (most likely lowering the frame rate over all, but much less dramatically).

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Heres from one of the sessions, some acre script errors inside:

http://u.sigkill.me/xealot/acre_error.zip

Looking at the server RPT it looks like there is either a bug in F3 or you did not implement F3 correctly in your mission and it is failing to initialize the radios (LOTS of errors). I'll pass on your logs to the F3 guys to see what they think. Thanks!

If you are using the API here: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/API it is meant to be used for building new radios, and not really used in missions. You can use them in missions but they are pretty raw and it is easy to break things.

I would recommend looking at the implementation of those functions in the 148 source right now.

If you are looking to customize radios at the start of a mission I'd also look at how to make presets, which again right now is a bit raw, but you can find them in the pre-init files for the 343 and the 148.

As far as the hash goes, it has to be the complete channel. My advice is to get an existing channel and edit it, then update it using setChannelData.

There will be a full radio building tutorial eventually and any sort of functionality you want to see exposed in the mission making API let me know and I'll see how feasible it is (I am already considering a sub-API system for radios, allowing radios to implement their own call backs for doing specific things for those radios).

Ah that all makes much more sense, I did get the feeling that I was poking around in places that shouldn't be poked around in :P I might look at the preset system but the problem is what I am thinking about doing is a lot more adhoc then just at the mission start. Ill see though, it might just work.

Exposing the ability to set channel data (easily) from a mission would be great if you are able to do that. I am pretty much hoping to be able to "program" the radios remotely / externally. I am more or less just messing around with ideas right now though, so if you aren't able to implement that ability then I don't have any problem with figuring out crazy hacky work arounds (its been quite fun so far..) just to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks for the quick and detailed response though!

(And if I didn't already mention it, thank you for the work so far on ACRE. I love your attention to little details and accuracy. It really piques my secret inner radio-nerd.)