Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Just going to repost my old question, the anger post guy came right after and overshadowed it:

Does this mean I can just do this:

Me and my friends install acre 2 beta from pws

we all connect to the same channel on my teamspeak

it works in game

Is it really that simple??

Yep. There is no need for a custom channel in ACRE like TFR, any channel will work for playing a game in. You could even technically have multiple games going on in the same channel (though I wouldn't recommend it).

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Congrats on The Release.

I was so looking forward to this. The radios and direct talk are such a pleasure to use once again.

Direct talk seems spot on and the levels inside vehicles to outside etc seems great.

So nice to have a sqwark back :)

Alas though we are Having a few Probs with VAS and Radio IDs I think.

This is from my client rpt when playing on a dedicated server thats using a version of VAS to supply the acre_prc343 and the acre_prc148.

369.949 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC343_ID_1 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
371 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC148_ID_3 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
371.002 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC343_ID_4 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
372.061 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC148_ID_5 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
372.062 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC343_ID_7 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
373.118 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC148_ID_7 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID
373.119 ACRE Warning: Radio ID ACRE_PRC343_ID_8 was returned for a non-existent baseclass in inventory, possibly removed by a gear script while requesting ID

There are alot of lines that look like that, all the way upto ID_500 i think ?

I am unsure what this code means any enlightenment would be fantastic :)

So that I can fix it and get ACRE running on our server.

Once again congrats.

BL1P

There is a very good possibility that VAS is suffering from this bug: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19829

If that is the case VAS needs to be updated to not do that, because it is corrupting the entire gear system in your mission and will eventually cause larger issues, beyond ACRE.

Furthermore you shouldn't make comparisons between something working with ACRE1 and ACRE2 in regards to gear systems, they are significantly different.

Nice One Nou !!

Not sure about TS v 16 mind you Fuggggly

But Acre 2 - whoot !

I just updated today as well and all the little speak bubbles really annoyed me, but if you look in settings>design you can change the icon package back to previous versions, you then just need to restart TS.

Does anyone know how to make work the alternate PTT i tried everything and it doesn't work anyway great mod , great work as always !

I just updated today as well and all the little speak bubbles really annoyed me, but if you look in settings>design you can change the icon package back to previous versions, you then just need to restart TS.

HEY !!

That's great.. Well spotted thanks PIAT !

Hey Nou, what is the best way to programmatically (is that even a word..) "program" radios? Should the old API method of default channels be used or is the new API better for this?

I am confused by all the mentions of channel hash's but there doesn't seem to be any documentation of this (or am I just missing it?).

Nice One Nou !!

Not sure about TS v 16 mind you Fuggggly

But Acre 2 - whoot !

I updated last night and was wondering WTF had happened with it, you can change it back with a couple of clicks though. No idea what the fuck the designers at TS were thinking though...

Edited by Jsmuk

guys I know its not the right place to make request like this but please make ACRE1 compatible with new teamspeak :>

Does anyone know how to make work the alternate PTT i tried everything and it doesn't work anyway great mod , great work as always !

Actually there is a bug with it at the moment, just saw it. Which is fine, because I plan to dramatically change the key handler system in the next update (looking at ~2 week release cycles).

I'd hate to bump my post, as I'm not entitled to a reply, but since this is a busy thread I'm assuming that it was just missed :). And I hope you are not already in the process of replying, as if so then I apologize as its not urgent.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2758791&viewfull=1#post2758791

Edited by Phoenix_ZA

Ok nou thanks for the info. I guess theres not much i can do except remove VAS from the missions ?

Hopefully that will fix the large fps spikes we get as well.

http://i.imgur.com/7BHIkOB.jpg

Thats the mission with acre2 running. Normally at 50 fps and 49 cps with no spikes.

This is without acre2 same mission

http://i.imgur.com/m6ohOgU.jpg

Not saying its acre2... maybe its a conflict with scripts and acre or something dunno just passing on info m8 :)

Edited by BL1P

Acre2 Installed

userconfig folder moved to proper area

arma running as admin

ts plugin installed

ts version 3.0.16

ts running as admin

Server has: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64", ........... }; set up properly

server and clients have Acre2 and CBA running.

As you can see in the below log, acre just isn't connecting properly

Acre Log:

[15:36:52.60] * Logging engine initialized.
[15:36:52.63] Opening game pipe...
[15:36:52.63] Game pipe opening successful. [1172 & 1152]
[15:36:52.68] Starting Keyboard Handler...
[15:36:52.508] Client write connected
[15:36:52.508] Client read connected
[15:37:12.60] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:37:59.275] * Logging engine initialized.
[15:38:0.801] Opening game pipe...
[15:38:0.801] Game pipe opening successful. [1416 & 1412]
[15:38:0.805] Starting Keyboard Handler...
[15:38:30.825] Engine Shutting Down
[15:38:31.811] Engine Shutdown Complete
[15:38:32.499] Opening game pipe...
[15:38:32.499] Game pipe opening successful. [1264 & 1252]
[15:38:32.504] Starting Keyboard Handler...
[15:39:53.599] Client write connected
[15:39:53.599] Client read connected
[15:40:4.275] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:40:4.276] Client disconnected
[15:40:5.878] Client read connected
[15:40:5.878] Client write connected
[15:40:19.275] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:40:19.276] Client disconnected
[15:40:20.0] Client read connected
[15:40:20.0] Client write connected
[15:40:30.276] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:40:30.277] Client write connected
[15:40:30.277] Client disconnected
[15:40:41.276] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:40:41.277] Client write connected
[15:40:41.278] Client read connected
[15:40:52.276] No send message for 10 seconds, disconnecting
[15:40:52.277] Client disconnected

Edited by somners

I'd hate to bump my post, as I'm not entitled to a reply, but since this is a busy thread I'm assuming that it was just missed :). And I hope you are not already in the process of replying, as if so then I apologize as its not urgent.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182271-ACRE2-Public-Beta-Release&p=2758791&viewfull=1#post2758791

Make a ticket for a feature request for getting loudness of a player in the API and I'll try to add it soon. That being said, the curve model is a fairly good way to get it, but its annoyingly large (and it very well could change).

It is hardcoded at the moment for the original one: http://pastebin.com/cbG3Mj3x (distance, volume)

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Acre2 Installed

userconfig folder moved to proper area

arma running as admin

ts plugin installed

ts version 3.0.16

ts running as admin

Server has: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64", ........... }; set up properly

server and clients have Acre2 and CBA running.

Do you run any virus protection? If yes, try disabling it.

Do you have Windows print/file sharing enabled? If no, enable it.

Is Windows Firewall enabled? If yes, try disabling it.

Windows named pipes (the method of connecting TS to Arma) is very finicky sometimes.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Ok nou thanks for the info. I guess theres not much i can do except remove VAS from the missions ?

Hopefully that will fix the large fps spikes we get as well.

http://i.imgur.com/7BHIkOB.jpg

Thats the mission with acre2 running. Normally at 50 fps and 49 cps with no spikes.

This is without acre2 same mission

http://i.imgur.com/m6ohOgU.jpg

Not saying its acre2... maybe its a conflict with scripts and acre or something dunno just passing on info m8 :)

Those lag spikes on the server could be because It's throwing out all 512 radio IDs then doing a massive check to try and locate all of them.

Try fixing the bug with VAS and see if the spikes go away.

Could you possibly upload a vid of the babel feature?

Or if anyone has a vid of it.

Just wondering if it's distortion of the voice or what?

Could you possibly upload a vid of the babel feature?

Or if anyone has a vid of it.

Just wondering if it's distortion of the voice or what?

Someone is working on one.

Hey Nou, how do you reckon you'll add Mumble support in the future? I heard it doesn't have anything near what TS can do when it comes to game plugins, just rudimentary support for positional audio. so it can't apply radio distortion or anything like that. I'd really love a Mumble version but I'm wondering how it might be possible.

[/color]

Do you run any virus protection? If yes, try disabling it.

Do you have Windows print/file sharing enabled? If no, enable it.

Is Windows Firewall enabled? If yes, try disabling it.

Windows named pipes (the method of connecting TS to Arma) is very finicky sometimes.

tried all three and the pipe still won't stay open.

tried all three and the pipe still won't stay open.

Can you show me your RPT file? Use pastebin.com or something.

Those lag spikes on the server could be because It's throwing out all 512 radio IDs then doing a massive check to try and locate all of them.

Try fixing the bug with VAS and see if the spikes go away.

re read the post :)

Ok will try that thanks you :)

Hey Nou, how do you reckon you'll add Mumble support in the future? I heard it doesn't have anything near what TS can do when it comes to game plugins, just rudimentary support for positional audio. so it can't apply radio distortion or anything like that. I'd really love a Mumble version but I'm wondering how it might be possible.

Mumble is open source so it'd most likely involve a LOT of additional work, both for ACRE and the Mumble project itself. That is why it is so high up the feature list on my donations page. I don't really want to dig into it unless I know there is significant support for work like that.

Does Babel distort consistently? As in, if you say the same word over and over, will it sound the same to a listener who doesn't know the language?

Is the (non mission) API accessible from anything other than the radios itself? I cannot seem to find a way to be able to set frequencies on a radio for example.

Does Babel distort consistently? As in, if you say the same word over and over, will it sound the same to a listener who doesn't know the language?

Yes, it uses frequency inversion, which is a mild cryptographic process. Essentially it turns people into probe droids from Star Wars. They sound a bit robotic, but it works well enough right now. Definitely room for improvement.

So one could theoretically "learn" some words of another language, though they wouldn't be able to speak it back to them of course.