Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Where are the radios?

I have everything running. I am ingame with a radio on me.. but in the editor i cannot find them...

and i cannot see and radio pop up in the corner to show me im transmitting..??

Everything is in the right place.

Edited by Lordprimate

Hmm. Capslock not working.. no keys are working Oo

Plugin: Yes, connected: Yes

Same here, I tested it in editor though. But I remember that we had the same issue, when we tested it on UO, on RC4 I think (and that was on server).

Btw, Nou do you plan to include changing of controls through the new system in CBA?

If you are testing in single player the radios will not squawk. You need to be in multiplayer for the radios to work!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Btw, Nou do you plan to include changing of controls through the new system in CBA?

Eventually, though there needs to be some changes to handle ACRE since ACRE is using Windows Key Codes instead of Direct Input Keycodes, which are the native Arma keycodes. Blame Teamspeak on breaking Direct Input in plugins for that. :( (also why ACRE1 for Arma 2 has not been updated yet, it is a significant change!).

Ye, Ded. Server: not working, connected: Yes

Hosted game MP: working

cba and acre2 key installed.. (verifySigLvl: 2)

Does your radio PTT key work when the game is minimized? Does your normal TS PTT key work?

As stated in the first post this can be an issue with administrator rights, especially in Windows 8.

Okay. Got it.

Possible fix for dedicated servers:

> Whitelist "ini" and "b64" in allowedLoadFileExtensions (server config)

example: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64", ........... };

Where are the radios?

I have everything running. I am ingame with a radio on me.. but in the editor i cannot find them...

There currently is not a radio box.

The two radios available right now are the AN/PRC-343 and the AN/PRC-148. The 343 is added by default via the ItemRadio item, and the 148 can be added via the editor by placing:

this addItem "ACRE_PRC148";

... in the init line of the unit.

Remember to test in multiplayer, as the radio keybinds do not work in single player (I might make that possible).

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Okay. Got it.

Possible fix for dedicated servers:

> Whitelist "ini" and "b64" in allowedLoadFileExtensions (server config)

example: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64", ........... };

Ahh, good catch! Yes, that is important! None of our test servers restrict files (they are all moderated/private) so that never was an issue!

Very good catch, thank you!

FYI for anyone wondering that a b64 file is, they are a base64 encoded wave file specifically designed for ACRE2 to load from Arma into Teamspeak. There is a tool to create them in the tools directory with the ACRE2 release. More info on that tool will be posted on the wiki for anyone looking to make sound mods or develop their own radios. PM if you want to know more about it in the short term.

Edited by NouberNou

So if I don't have Whitelisted "ini" and "b64" on dedicated server, my keys will not work in MP? I just tested it on our ded server and I had the same issue as before, Capslock and other keys are not working.

So if I don't have Whitelisted "ini" and "b64" on dedicated server, my keys will not work in MP? I just tested it on our ded server and I had the same issue as before, Capslock and other keys are not working.

pastebin your logs, maybe there is an error we could find

So I found these in Arma 3 .rpt log (not the server)

Could not load '\userconfig\acre2\acre_key_config.ini'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\click.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\mic_click_other_on.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\mic_click_other_off.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions

So is this problem on dedicated server or client side?

So I found these in Arma 3 .rpt log (not the server)

Could not load '\userconfig\acre2\acre_key_config.ini'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\click.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\mic_click_other_on.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions
Could not load '\idi\clients\acre\Addons\sys_sounds\sounds\mic_click_other_off.b64'. Extension not listed in allowedLoadFileExtensions

So is this problem on dedicated server or client side?

Thats a server issue.

List them in allowedLoadFileExtensions in your server config (server.cfg or whatelse)

my one is:

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64","hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};

Hi nou, good job on this and thanks for finally releasing it

Me and a couple of others did a brief test and we found that the volume is really too low, 3d speech is low compared to the rest of the game and setting the 148 to internal speaker and putting it on the ground will make it almost impossible to hear, is there a way to boost the audio?

Volume levels still need some work, but a good way is to adjust the balance between TS and Arma. Turn down the in game sounds and keep TS the same, then boost over all volumes on your headset or output.

Loudness is a very subjective area. Some people have complained its too loud during testing, others have said it is just fine, while some have said it is too quiet. The best answer I can give now is adjust volumes in Arma to compensate and boost volumes over all.

Hi all. I have problem from PPT. He does not work on ts or game. If i use capslock in game radio doesnt active. No acre button does not work.

Edited by Avarax

@Avarax Make sure you have userconfig, other common thing is this >

Thats a server issue.

List them in allowedLoadFileExtensions in your server config (server.cfg or whatelse)

my one is:

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64","hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa"," txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","cs v","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 

Hmm. Capslock not working.. no keys are working Oo

Plugin: Yes, connected: Yes

ADMIN mode

The alternate PTT-keys doesnt seem to work. I can transmit with CapsLock just fine and switch between radios with ctrl+alt+caps. But nothing happens when I use shift+caps or the other 2.

Also if I quit Arma when Im dead I will be muted in TS.

I'm running both TS and Arma in admin-mode on Windows 8.1

Can you not implement this: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Keybinding

To separate from the Userconfig? It would be nice.

I believe this answers your question:

Eventually, though there needs to be some changes to handle ACRE since ACRE is using Windows Key Codes instead of Direct Input Keycodes, which are the native Arma keycodes. Blame Teamspeak on breaking Direct Input in plugins for that. :( (also why ACRE1 for Arma 2 has not been updated yet, it is a significant change!).

Hey nou thanks for the Release. My question is how it looks for arma 2 ? I ask this because i want to know if we still Need TS Version 3.0.12 or Works the acre2 Plugin with acre for A2OA ?