Sign in to follow this  
reaper lok

Dsync 100000 after update 1.26

It seems that the desync issues still remain. I have noticed that the desync seems to get worse as the missions we play continue, at around the 3 hour mark it the desync makes the game unplayable with players all running off in different directions or not being able to see other players moving, for them everyone just stands still, everyone starts teleporting around also.

Its not small amounts of desync either its 5000+ and towards the end full desync 10000.

Whatever was changed or added in the latest update has really screwed things up and sadly the hotfix and the hotfix for the hotfix haven't made any difference.

And now back to the multiplayer situation and the desync issues. This is still our main focus, and there has been some progress, but we're not out of the woods yet. You may wonder how this can be so complicated. Unfortunately the likely suspects (such as the new guaranteed networking messaging), were not the sole cause. After undoing these changes, reports of desync continued. The situations are extremely random, involve large player counts. They are a frustrating problem for our programmers to reproduce while their eager debuggers are attached. The client crashes occuring since last week, were tracked down to BattlEye anti-cheat and fixed on their end (not requiring a game update). We'd like to thank our community server admins for helping us find a solid reproduction method for this crash (kudos to people like Alex Grosse). That also means our latest hotfix was effectively pointless; the change made there was ultimately not to blame.

-Sitrep

What is very annoying is that all was, within reason, very stable for MP until the recent patches: since then desync of 10000, random dropouts and almost complete unplayability in multiplayer has been hitting us hard as a group. For mission nights we have 12-16 players usually and tonight we spent nearly 5 hours trying to get an operation off the ground but kept getting issues: I do wonder why they don't just do a stable branch roll-back since, well, it is meant to be stable branch - I could understand this if we were running in Dev mode where this stuff is released for community testing but to roll it into the stable build is shameful and a real dropped ball.

Sorry, just rather frustrated with the situation at the moment!

Cheers,

V

What is very annoying is that all was, within reason, very stable for MP until the recent patches: since then desync of 10000, random dropouts and almost complete unplayability in multiplayer has been hitting us hard as a group. For mission nights we have 12-16 players usually and tonight we spent nearly 5 hours trying to get an operation off the ground but kept getting issues: I do wonder why they don't just do a stable branch roll-back since, well, it is meant to be stable branch - I could understand this if we were running in Dev mode where this stuff is released for community testing but to roll it into the stable build is shameful and a real dropped ball.

Sorry, just rather frustrated with the situation at the moment!

Cheers,

V

Good point - stable should be just that....until it breaks ;)

Thinking of moving back to Dev Branch as at least the 'breaks' get fixed the next day :) That being said - the last sitrep did give us some good intel on and ownership of the problems since the last update. Let's hope we get a hotfix/update soon!!