sgtsev3n

was buying arma 3 worth it ?

Buy Arma 3 - Was it worth it ?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Buy Arma 3 - Was it worth it ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet - When enough Patches and DLCs are released, then maybe

I mean...personally I think it was a good buy. However if it didn't have the games like altis life and king of the hill or mods then it would be trash. Now the mods are what make it awesome. Little takistan..Modded Vehicles..taskforce...and more will suit a realism gamer very well!

:yay:

Mods have allways been what keeps ARMA alive, and quite appairantly, it also keeps the community diverse. Personally, I hate both King of the kill and especially Altis Life and care more about the cooperative playstyle and milsim.

But keep in mind that BIS has a policy on modding that stands out remarkably, and that is the reason it can cater to so many different players. If it where not for modding, the community would be alot smaller and way more conform.

Yeah but for arma 3 mods are more important then ever to make it "worth it".. like, 500x more important then ever.

Lets just be happy we had such a good modding community for arma 2, that were "prepared" to do so much great work on arma 3.

If we had a normal or sub par modding community and then BIS dissapointed us... it would be much worse.

I agree that currently its more or less only the mods making arma 3 great, its fun for short bursts of gameplay even with the current content, but the mods are the part that makes it worth it.

Playing more fun, organized missions (MP and SP) makes it worth it. Even without mods. There are even some fun unorganized ones too. I think Altis Life and King of Hill are total crap though, because it isn't how the game is meant to be played. The game is supposed to be played with people communicating and actually thinking instead of running around and crashing helicopters into tanks.

Totally even if they have a few more things to add - cough weapon rest cough!

/KC

Mods have allways been what keeps ARMA alive, and quite appairantly, it also keeps the community diverse. Personally, I hate both King of the kill and especially Altis Life and care more about the cooperative playstyle and milsim.

But keep in mind that BIS has a policy on modding that stands out remarkably, and that is the reason it can cater to so many different players. If it where not for modding, the community would be alot smaller and way more conform.

The interesting thing about ARMA though is that (although I'm with you on Altis Life, even got bored by the videos!) you can do both RPG stuff and the co-op, but it can also cater to someone like me who spends their entire time in SP and the editor. The scale of the game is pretty damn good for £3 (had a couple of Amazon vouchers that I used so it was £3 of actual money, just under thirty in total). :D

I'm not sure it's worth it's current price, not until BI releases the DLCs and fixes some outstanding bugs, but for it's Alpha price of $32 it makes me glad I bought it then. If BI lowered the current price to $32 it'd be a huge bargain.

This might come as a suprise considering my posts in the "doesn't feel the same" thread, but I definately think ARMA III has been worth it, no doubt.

Fans can be some of the biggest critics.

" Buy Arma 3 - Was it worth it ?" ... of course, what else ... perhaps Mario Kart!

sadly, Arma has become in to a survival game type, similar to dayz without zombies. not a military simulator anymore.

sadly, Arma has become in to a survival game type, similar to dayz without zombies. not a military simulator anymore.

That depends entirely on what missions you play, nothing BI have put in their game makes it look like a survival game.

I've been very happy with Arma 3 so far. However, I'm still waiting for there to be animations for the sniper rifles, women/children/young adult civilians, and side arms in the holsters.

Totally worth it, endless hours of fun that no other game like it can offer

I bought the game the day the pre-order/alpha went live. I have over 1400 hours since. I love it. I will buy the next one the day the alpha/pre-order goes live.

The interesting thing about ARMA though is that (although I'm with you on Altis Life, even got bored by the videos!) you can do both RPG stuff and the co-op, but it can also cater to someone like me who spends their entire time in SP and the editor. The scale of the game is pretty damn good for £3 (had a couple of Amazon vouchers that I used so it was £3 of actual money, just under thirty in total). :D

Hey, cool! I got into OFP through the campaign and didn't really play MP before ARMA II, and I bought that fore the single player as well. I still play alot single player!

Yes. Very. Also bought Farcry 3 this year on sale at Steam for $9.99. Got over 1000 hours on Arma3, while only 3 hours on FC3 -you do the math for value per hour.

Actually Im still amazed that they can afford to have Dev's release a new branch everyday but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Hell yes. In the last year I think there have been more gameplay feature additions and improvements than since Arma 1 (Okay maybe I exagerate a bit, but honestly look at the difference between arma 1 and 2 and then the difference between 2 and 3 - there have been so many more steps forward). Its just too bad that all these additions weren't available upon release. But I suppose that is just how BI (has to) functions. In some ways its not all bad because it really allows us to see the game grow and (at least feel we get the chance to) help shape the game. Of course this style isn't for everyone, and understandably can lead to some frustration, but overall Arma is well worth the money. More so than any other game I have bought, including Arma 2. And its only going to continue to get better. The first real DLC has yet to even come, and most of the staple mods are still only in their infancy. Imagine what the game will look like when the expansion is released.

Keep up the good work devs.

Arma 3 is a staggering achievement when you take a step back and assess it as the work of real, fallible human beings. That it has failings is perhaps more down to the enormous ambition of what the game seeks to do rather than any lack of achievement by the people that developed it.

There is a quote about Arma 3 being a bit like lego - you don't buy it just because you want to make the model on the front of the box. It is once you get 'under the hood' of Arma 3 that even more glories and complexities reveal themselves.

But creating a collaborative environment wherein some of the strongest content comes from the people who play the game is the real radical and important factor that marks Arma 3 as something truly special.

Worth every penny.

With the mods that the community have made so far and some that are being made, hell yes. If there weren't any mods, i'd have been pretty bummed and probably would have stopped playing quite awhile ago.

ArmA3 is the best 30€ I've never spent on a videogame.

HELL YES IT WAS WORTH IT!

If it weren't for Arma 3, i would have never had such an imagination boost of ideas for a game as robust as this. Arma 3 is a precious stone. It can be as frustrating as it can be brilliant in the same fashion, as long as it's executed in the right ways. Some things need work, some things are just right. If BIS could just add in the few things that a Sandbox game would have to push it over it's full potential, it can explode with glorious light over the entire gaming world, and for an Indie game, that's an amazing feat. Worth buying... every penny in my honest Opinion.

Yes!

Amazing hobby!! Beyond words. Bad business model though. Need Dev tools and documentation. Easily could charge for quality Dev stuff and more paid DLC. Mind blowing Sim if you really have the time to learn. :cool:

i have to agree with everyone.

with arma 3, you can do pretty much everything.

if you are a modder and have great skills, you could do a good grand theft auto out of arma with tons of vehicles and weapons and a greater map than all gta maps compiled into one.

same for horror/zombie games. also, with arma 3 you can do a battlefield like game which would be better than battlefield 4. in arma 3 you have diving, submarines and you can create tons of scenarios. in no other game you have so much freeroam like in arma.

I vote for option 4: "I had bought it on first day available if there was a non-steam, DRM free version."