was buying arma 3 worth it ?

Buy Arma 3 - Was it worth it ?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Buy Arma 3 - Was it worth it ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet - When enough Patches and DLCs are released, then maybe

hello,

now, it is over 1 year since arma 3 alpha was released. the full version of arma 3 was released in september which is soon which means: arma 3 full release was also released 1 year ago. since then, alot of patches were released.

now today, what do you think about your decision to buy arma 3 ?

was the money worth it ?

was it a mistake to buy it ?

or (if you already bought it and you would have the chance) would you buy the gamer later when enough patches and DLC´s are released ?

this game is underpriced the amount and quality of assets and tools is enormous, the only bad things is the multiplayer PVP (doesn't exist)

Definitely, and it was an absolute bargain on Amazon for the Deluxe edition.

I paid more for a dinner that was gone in less than an hour, I am still enjoying Arma III.

Yes without a doubt. On a pence per hour basis it's well under 10p/hr for me so that's about 100 times more value than going to the cinema :)

I paid 20€ and I've played more than 1200 hours. Less than 2cts per hour.

So without any doubt. And now that outstanding mods like RHS are getting closer and will add proper HQ modern stuff...

To be honest it's not expensive enough. The game and DLCs to come should cost more

the only issue is finding the price that is high enough without deterring too many people (maximizing profit for BI).

I would be perfectly willing to pay for a $60 DLC (~45€) if it included enhancements to Fixed wing aircraft, general guided weapon simulation and radar enhancement,

In fact, I think while it is a good strategy to prevent splitting of the player base, BI is letting people off too easy with their DLC model (content = paid, features = free). For example, the RotorLib flight model, because it is completely optional/configurable, could be a paid option because you can have people on the same server use different settings.

To be honest it's not expensive enough. The game and DLCs to come should cost more

the only issue is finding the price that is high enough without deterring too many people (maximizing profit for BI).

I would be perfectly willing to pay for a $60 DLC (~45€) if it included enhancements to Fixed wing aircraft, general guided weapon simulation and radar enhancement,

In fact, I think while it is a good strategy to prevent splitting of the player base, BI is letting people off too easy with their DLC model (content = paid, features = free). For example, the RotorLib flight model, because it is completely optional/configurable, could be a paid option because you can have people on the same server use different settings.

First yes have played more than most games I have bought. Looking at you hacker game safe bet let down next gen my ass...

A new dlc with a map that didn't stick rigidly to real life and instead had rivers to

acutally finally use the boats and subs and diving gear.

But yes if they brought out an arrowhead type dlc for arma3 ,60 euro no bother. It gets me through hangovers.

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

I like that bis does try keep the community playing together even when balancing the books on a dlc. It's tough but something to be proud of as far as game devs are concerned.

I paid more for a dinner that was gone in less than an hour, I am still enjoying Arma III.

I understand what you're saying here, but I don't think it's very helpful to compare the price of a video game to the price of a thing that is not a video game. It's probably best to compare your purchase of Arma 3 to the experience and prices of similar products in the same industry (i.e. other video games).

All that said, I got Arma 3 for about $30 and for a while I was fairly disappointed with the purchase. However, I've been pretty impressed with the development of the game recently and while there are many things I'm still not happy with, I feel pretty good about the purchase at this point. I don't know how I would feel if I had paid $60 for it.

Well Arma 3 is still in development so paying full price could be painful especially for a new player.

But I've now used ~45€ for the game and DLC package and I think the game is worth the price and will be even more worth in 1-2 years.

this game is underpriced the amount and quality of assets and tools is enormous, the only bad things is the multiplayer PVP (doesn't exist)

Multiplayer PVP is the best thing. The AI still isn't good enough to be a valid opponent

Multiplayer PVP is the best thing. The AI still isn't good enough to be a valid opponent

Fighting AI has never felt like fighting an equally capable adversary. It's more like a skilled human army exterminating hordes of zombies and someone gave them guns. A pest control operation, not war.

I'm not hating the AI, it can be a good opponent but I can't even pretend I'm fighting real people, it's completely different tactics and mindset with them.

And was buying Arma 3 worth it? - Definitely. I may have regretted it once or twice briefly, but then realized that if there's some aspect I hate or doesn't work, I can always do something else in the game. That's the beauty of a wide open sandbox. And it is a metaphorical sandbox to me, I sometimes feel like I'm five years old again when I'm just messing around with it; I set up my own playground, I make myself some toys and all these great other people let me play with theirs. And I always find something new under the sand, sometimes it's just a petrified dog turd but occasionally it's a shiny new coin.

Without a doubt it's my most played game. I enjoy bf4 and dayz. But arma3 always takes the top sort, especially with the new inertia weapon handling and hello handling on Dev branch. It's unlimited scenarios, believable ballistics and sorta more human like movement and the amazing mods/addons out there make sure of that. Just don't forget bipods and weapon resting please bis.

Edit - would still love to see an early accessible mp option that allowed for more casual join in and playing

Edited by twisted

Price of Arma 3 on BIS Store is pretty high as for Polish standards, significantly higher, than official Polish price (what makes it anyway, as for most of premiere PC games, expensive), and nearly 3x higher than cheapest Polish store offer today.

But whatever option would be chosen, it's probably best invested money spent on PC game ever. No matter, if I calculate that by total time of play or fun provided, Arma 3 is absolutelly unsurpassed.

However in fact I can't say for myself - I did't paid for Arma 3, it was given to me.

Arma 3 is a masterpiece, expecially if you plan to play it joining a Clan/group, or even in SP, it is a high quality product, you won't find nowadays a game with this level of quality around the stores, and the devs are still very active in making it a better gameplay experience fixing glitches and adding new content for free and even more gameplay immersion, and i have to say:

if you buy a Bohemia Interactive product you know what you get

I've yet to buy a game that has captivated me as much as A2 and 3... The amount of possibilities with this game is rediculous for the price, also being the graphics whore that I am I think Arma 3 is the best looking game ive ever seen. in saying that after all this time I've finally become jaded with it for now, so I've picked up a sword on gone looking for quests :D

Yes it was, thanks to the possibility to create cool mods and stuff. If Arma 3 didn't support modding i would have said no, since i can barely play on any server without getting shitty fps.

It's worth it and this is a kind of a game that never gets too old. New mods are comming in and game is receiving some love mostly from the community. Performance is still dissapointing but what can you do.

I paid around £50-60 can't remember the one below the top version when Alpha first came out, anyway.

I don't rate A3 as highly as A2, but I would still have bought the game even though I don't play it now, why, mainly because BI have given me soo much enjoyment with Arma/A2 & some A3, so its well worth supporting them. Indie dev's like these need all the support they can get, and mostly deserve it.

The scale of the game, of course built as well by the mod making capabilities, is huge. There really is no other series like it, its one of a kind. I'll keep supporting them, bought all their titles and will still keep doing so, even if I don't really like a particular game (CC), its just well worth supporting this studio.

I don't play the series like I used to do. But I still come back and play A2 (modded) every now and then, it still remains the best game ever made imo, but that's with certain mod/addons included.

Look around play some other titles from other dev's, then you get to realise how special this series is, very few match up.

I'm playing Space Engineers at the moment, reminds me a lot of this series, dev's are trying their best and allowing the community to go places with it. Most games just aren't like that, unfortunately.

Voted not yet.

The most important issues for my own enjoyment of the game are yet to be worked on and that includes sounds, physx, damage and AI. Having a very limited scripting knowledge, which I'm not too bothered about anyways, I'm able to enjoy only what has been already done to the game and/or explore mods. Purely gameplay wise though, there's still loads of work to be done but that seems to be on the right track so I'll just have to wait bit longer and I think once more solid foundations are done for PvP players and so on it will be well worth it.

I'm unable to compare arma any longer to other games out there as I have a complete disinterest in what is available on the current market so yes, I imagine BI is doing something right

I paid 20 euros or something. Joined in Alpha. Wasn't worth it then, wasn't worth it in beta. I still consider the game beta. I don't really know...

One update is decent, the next one just turns it all into a turd again. I'd rather see them work on performance and performance only.

Modders are better at doing features.

Mods and addons, scripts etc that I use...for those I could see myself paying 40 euros combined.

This might come as a suprise considering my posts in the "doesn't feel the same" thread, but I definately think ARMA III has been worth it, no doubt.

Lets put it this way, Arma 3 is the game I have played the most on my steam library and its one of the few games I play even a year after release so Ye it was worth it. :D

I mean...personally I think it was a good buy. However if it didn't have the games like altis life and king of the hill or mods then it would be trash. Now the mods are what make it awesome. Little takistan..Modded Vehicles..taskforce...and more will suit a realism gamer very well!

:yay:

Once RHS Russian and US armed forces are released... arma 3 will be 30x more valuable.

Just hoping for occlus rift support, would really make arma even more worth it..