Sign in to follow this  
Schatten

Does Steam A2OA Dedicated Server work?

Hi!

If I start dedicated server using A2OA Dedicated Server from Steam Tools no one can connect to it - pops up window "Connection lost". But if I start dedicated server using arma2oaserver.exe EVERYONE can connect to it.

If I add arma2oaserver.exe to Steam Library (Games -> Add non-Steam application in my library) and start no one can connect to it again - pops up window "Connection lost".

What's the matter?

Parameters

-cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=@inidbi;@server -name=server -port=2302 -profiles=profiles

server.cfg

hostName = "something";
maxPlayers = 60;
motd[] = {"something"};
motdInterval = 5;
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "something";

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"};
BattlEye = 1;
kickDuplicate = 1;
localClient[] = {127.0.0.1};
onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";
persistent = 1;
reportingIP = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;
steamPort = 8766;
steamQueryPort = 2303;
timeStampFormat = "short";
verifySignatures = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
voteThreshold = 1.33;

class Missions
{
class something
{
	template = "something.Takistan";
	difficulty = "veteran";
};
};

Disabling mods, verifySignatures, requiredBuild and requiredSecureId didn't help.

Please, help!

OR

How to make that Steam doesn't report that I started A2OA after launching arma2oaserver.exe? Because of this, I could not start the game.

UPDATES:

I opened these UDP ports in my router: 2302, 2303, 2305 and 8766.

If I delete steam_appid.txt (which contain number 33930) Steam will not report that I started A2OA after launching arma2oaserver.exe. But no one can connect to server - pops up window "Connection lost".

If I change number from steam_appid.txt from 33930 to 33935 Steam will report that I started A2OA Dedicated Server after launching arma2oaserver.exe. But no one can connect to server again - pops up window "Connection lost".

Edited by Schatten

Some problem with the linux version (1.63.126652) !!

In the config and in the log the BattlEye is on

22:24:34 Dedicated host created.

22:24:34 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.194)

22:24:34 Host identity created.

In the browser server list the game show BattlEye Required : NO --> noboy can connect to it - message "Connection lost"

In the log ther is :

BattlEye Server: Player #0 nameplayer disconnected

Edited by pietrotc