mjblay

Zehn's Advanced GPS, Laser Designator, and Rangefinder mod

Bro love this. Still has some bugs but i am using it all the time! Thank you for this. I'll provide feedback as i continue to use. First think i notice is the hints of TRUE/FALSe and not sure exactly when or why they are triggered. Assume this was for testing/debugging purposes

Love this mod, one problem I found in single player scenario when you save game then reload your mission the GPS is missing from the map,

Hope you can fix this, keep up the good work.

Sorry, was out of town for the Labor Day weekend

I tried again and again fail, this is the .rpt file.

And i make a video. You can see about i speak.

Yes, thank you for that detailed feedback. In watching the video, it seems that the custom User Action Menu items added by my mod are interacting with other custom User Action Items, likely added by the mission. I again tried to recreate this behavior with a new mission in the mission editor and could not get it to happen. One issue I did discover, however, was that when changing from a scoped view when a weapon is equipped directly to the binoc view with any of the rangefinders, the displays do not work. I'll add this to the initial post as a known issue and try to find a solution for it. With regard to the bug that happens when using the User Action Menu, my goal is to get rid of this mod's reliance on the User Action Menu altogether. I'm not certain that'll fix the problem though. Again, thanks for helping so much with this feedback.

Server key?

Again, let me express my apologies for being so green in the mod-making world, but I'm not sure how to go about making a separate server key. In reading ArmA: Addon Signatures, it notes the following:

Advanced usage scenario: Server keys

One addon can be accompanied by multiple signatures, each signed with a different key. One application for this can be server admin can create his own key for his server, and can use it to sign all addons on the server he considers safe.

Note: For this usage style, signature files for the addons need to be distributed to all users connecting to that server.

If you have specific instructions for how I should make a different key, I'd be happy to follow them.

Bro love this. Still has some bugs but i am using it all the time! Thank you for this. I'll provide feedback as i continue to use. First think i notice is the hints of TRUE/FALSe and not sure exactly when or why they are triggered. Assume this was for testing/debugging purposes

Yes, apologies for leaving that hint in there. It was for debugging. I forgot to comment it, but it'll be gone in the next version.

Love this mod, one problem I found in single player scenario when you save game then reload your mission the GPS is missing from the map,

Hope you can fix this, keep up the good work.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I'm not really sure why that would happen. I'm going to start a known issues list and put it on the first page of this thread. Then I'll work on them as I get time.

Any thoughts of working on this again? This is actually extremely solid setup.....Using it with Drongos here in a minute to see what the maximum quasi ARTY/JTAC sim experiance is about....

Any thoughts of working on this again? This is actually extremely solid setup.....Using it with Drongos here in a minute to see what the maximum quasi ARTY/JTAC sim experiance is about....

Yes, my apologies to the community, but I've been pretty busy with real-life stuff since I released this and my clan disintegrated so I haven't been spending as much time with ArmA 3 as usual. That, and I'm an amateur programmer at best -- sometimes it would take me 6-8 hours just to figure out a certain component of the mod. After working on it for a few weeks after its initial release, my plans to split it into two separate mods (an AN/PSN-13 with the map overlay that works in the current mod and an LTLM similar to the TRIGR from Bae Systems) seemed to be a little more than I was ready to handle.

I may pick it up again eventually, and I would certainly be open to collaboration with other authors. If nothing else, I hope some other mod maker takes a look at the code to see how I did the continuously-updating map display that changes to an interactive dialog when you mouse-over it. So far, I haven't seen any other mods with this type of functionality or mods that use this type of solution (combined display and hidden dialog overlying it) to overcome the problem of having an interactive dialog that is continuously updated in the main map view.

One thing I did see was what appeared to be a view through the viewport of a modern LTLM. It was only onscreen briefly, but it appears on the introductory clip in the TV show Bomb Patrol Afghanistan. I think if I were to eventually undertake a more realistic LTLM, I would model the viewport after the one in this clip with all the data at the bottom.

Thanks for your post! Zehn

Zehn! This is an amazing mod. I've always known you can do 10 digit co-ordinance in this game, but how? I had no clue until I stumbled on this mod, and I have to say...I love it. The linking to the GPS to add a map marker at the observed position is priceless, in directing my troops to specific points in the AO. In summary, this has been very useful to a Sniper, who makes use of your mod, Ruthberg's mods, and some terrible marksman weapon mods :mad: I just wish there was more support for the sniper portion of this game...anyways.

A few requests! I know you've mentioned a new model for the device itself, so that's one.

And I'd love for you to keep your version of the LRPS scope, just make it 'updated' and conform, I guess? I loved it, but with certain weapons, I'd adjust my DOPE on the scope, and the reticle would disappear.

A new marker for the "Observed Position" on the map.

And perhaps, to maybe make it easier on your part...make your own version of a map? Start with Altis maybe, see how it is, then continue on with, well, all of them!

Really do enjoy this mod. Keep it up! There are people who use this, who'd like to continue seeing updates and improvements :)

Not going to lie Zehn, this mod is amazing, I just wish it was optimized a bit more. I personally don't have much use for the new rangefinders or laser desigs but the functionality you added to the GPS... just amazing. I use it for flight planning more than anything else in game now, the draw line, distance/direction feature has been so awesome for that.

I wish I had some coding ability at all (I have even less than you think you have) as I would love to continue development of this. I hope you find time to fix the few bugs this has! Cheers man!

BUMP

This mod needs updating. I love using this mod, but it needs some TLC to make it updated, and to sort out the bugs.

agreed worst case lets play pick up with it. id be glad to help anyone manage progress if the original modder will allow us to take it over and improve on this great mod.