Undeceived

[SP/Campaign] Dying Ember (resistance campaign)

Interectic, what you can do is to jump right in the mission you want with the campaign-cheat.

But this will probably screw up your collected gear (if it wasn't screwed up by a bug anyway :D ).

The cheat unlocks all missions of the campaign.

To do this, go into the campaign menu in Arma 3 (main menu -> play -> Campaigns) and then press the left Shift and the - in the numpad together. Then release the keys and type in: campaign

After a second or so all missions of all campaigns should be unlocked, then you can select the desired one and press Revert.

EDIT:

Or did you only talk about one mission (e.g. "Weeks Later")?

@Undeceived  I have a question. I've been working with some cutscene animations for my own missions, and have found in many cases that the actor will go prone and enter a state of "unconscious" for a few seconds. It's really weird and never saw it in Arma 2. And after tons of testing, I was thinking, who else does a lot of cutscenes and I thought of you. So I looked at your campaign files, and you are disabling "anim" prior to animations. I tried that and it works well. Is this why you disable anim before issuing switchMove? I don't recall needing that in Arma 2. Seems buggy on BIS's part.

And after tons of testing, I was thinking, who else does a lot of cutscenes and I thought of you.

Hehe :D AZCoder, that's true, it's one of my deficits, lol.

Yeah, when using switchmove, I mostly disableAI "MOVE" and "ANIM" to prevent the units doing bullshit, e.g. laying down, standing up, moving away or leaving the animation. As multifaceted as the AI is in general - the same applies to cutscenes too (where they are supposed to just stand still, dammit!). This is why I restrict them as much as possible.

Obviously you have to remember to enable it again, after being done with the animation.

If I remember correctly, this was also the case in A2 though.

Ah, I know what you mean about the units doing other odd things after the animations, but what I found with Arma 3 is very specific and annoying.

If you get a moment in the editor, try this animation out: "Acts_A_M01_briefing", but don't use the disable commands. If you switchMove, the unit will immediately drop to the ground, go unconscious, and move weird and slowly before standing up again. If you use playMove, the full sequence will play out correctly, and at the end he drops unconscious. It's like the briefing was too exhausting! LOL  I can say for certain, they should never be unconscious after an animation. And I tested in pure vanilla, just to be sure, because I already embarrassed myself twice reporting bugs caused by an animation_idle mod that I'm no longer using.

AZCoder, you're right. I tested the animation and the dude switches to that odd unconscious thing, then stands up.

But by disabling the AI "ANIM" it works.

Thanks for checking, it's not just me. I'll be using the disable anim trick.

Hi guys, a new version is up (1.7). Check the first post.

As the weapon pool bug still was there (no equipment in certain mission briefings), I implemented a rather dirty workaround, which means that the WP is now available even in missions where it wasn't supposed to be, e.g. in civilian missions without weapons. Now the player can pick weapons in these missions, but they will get removed at mission start (they will still be available in the next mission).

The expected result should be that no one has equipment missing anymore. :)

Other than that I optimized some other things - nothing big.

I hope that this is the final version!

Feedback, if the WP works, would be much appreciated.

• Like 3

Subscribed. Once I'm done playing it I will provide feedback.

• Like 1

Hello, I updated the campaign to version 1.8.

Changelog:

• Fixed bugs introduced by Arma patches. 
  • Also optimized some parts, e.g. tuned down the enemy AI a bit and added animations here and there.

Only Steam Workshop download for now, I still have to upload it for manual DL.

• Like 4

Good News! 

Does your AI tuning mean that you have included a script based version of an AI mod like i.e. VCOMAI or ASR AI? 

This is quite important to know for those who like to play with these AI enhancements loaded as mod versions together with other enhancement mods.  Because if you have the script version included in the mission, players shouldn't use the mod version on top and should know which AI enhancement you have already included. 

Hope you don't mind me asking such a kleinkarierte question, but I just want to be sure that my second playthrough of your awesome campaign will be as flawless and well-working as the first - had e real good time with Dying Ember!:thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Don't worry, it's not kleinkariert. :icon_biggrin:

No, no AI script implemented. I only tuned down the AI skill in some missions as it partly was quite unforgiving hard.

Thanks for the comments!

• Like 2

Hey Undeceived, I'm playing the latest version, and keep in mind I haven't played this campaign for a long time, but I'm stuck and need help on the mission Contact #8.

I'm on the small island Baros I think, with the wounded guy, I found the survival gear, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do from here. I have tried swimming away from the island, but where to go? Or is that the right course of action? Where do I leave the team? Thanks!

Hi mate!

Spoiler

Yes, as the passage is blocked, you have to swim back to the main land and find help there. Check out the buildings on the northern side of the passage, some 300 m away from it.

I'd suggest to leave the team at that little building where you found the survival kit.

Ok got it now, thanks.

That small rescue boat turns like a huge freighter! I know you can't change it, just weird.

There's a small camping lantern in one of those buildings. Was it supposed to have light? I wonder because since a recent game update, my lanterns have no light either.

I also found that the "say" command is very very weak in my missions, although your dialog sounds fine. I saw that you use kbTell in conjunction with say.

• Like 1