Undeceived

[SP/Campaign] Dying Ember (resistance campaign)

Hey Undeceived,

wie immer perfekte Arbeit habe auch Black Lands und For the Life of my Friend for kurzem noch Gespielt und nun auch endlich mal Dying Ember.

Es gab keine Bugs alles hat Funktioniert.

Meine Frage ist wann kommt Chapter 2 und wie bekomme ich den Aktualiesiert sich mein Mod dann? ^^

Mfg Anwender

Danke für's Lob, Anwender.

I guess we should get back to English. :D

Next chapter: To be honest, I don't know when it will be ready. Since the end of the MANW contest I couldn't resume the work on the campaign as I was (and probably still am) a bit burnt out because of the stress the contest resp. the deadline caused.

I began working on some other stuff but I'm also playing many other games at the moment. But I think, eventually I'll get there. :)

Thanks again.

Hello everyone. As many players (me included) experienced that nasty weapon pool persistance bug, I tried to tweak the corresponding scripts so that hopefully it won't appear again. But I never could reproduce this bug which is why I'm not sure if it definitely was fixed...

I'd highly appreciate more feedback on this matter. So if you have everything you collected, give me a shout - if something's missing, give me a shout too.

Thanks for playing!! :)

The download links are in the first post.

Hi Undeceived,

I want to thank you for creating this fantastic campaign!  I have played For the Life of a friend and Black Lands in A2 and enjoyed these very much.  Due to a severe case of addiction to modded Skyrim (Hey AZCoder, how about opening a "Twelve Step Group" of Skyrimaholics Anonymus? -_- ) I got into A3 rather late this year.  But with my new rig I can finally ramp up all the details and still enjoy the landscape and lighting in your cutscenes without hiccups. 

For me, you have set some kind of Gold Standard if it comes to traditionally designed Resistance-themed missions and campaigns.  I do detest A3 engine problems, especially AI issues, but quality usermade content like Dying Ember makes me play the game depite these issues.  It's like an interactive movie, but a good one with touching storytelling, good actors and a top-notch script author and director all in one person - Undeceived!

Like many others, I experienced heavy FPS drops and degradation to unplayable 5-9 FPS after patch 1.48 including, but not limited to Dying Ember.  Under 1.46 Legacy, I can play Dying Ember v1.93 just fine even when running a heavily modded game that includes AGM.  I reverted to the last mission I had tried to play under 1.48 and now enjoy your campaign WITH mods and WITH good FPS!   

And whenever I feel too annoyed by the A3 AI, I can go back to my perfectly balanced modded A2 for some Black Lands... ;)  You know, in A2 Black Lands I could strike at an outpost, shake off the pursuing reinforcements in the woods, hide my weapons and escape cross country with the motorbike without being shot by some magically alerted AI 3 km away from the actual skirmish!  

Speaking of which, I want to suggest either using Rydigers Incognito mod or implementing a feature similar to the hidden handgun allowing unchallenged freedom of movement near enemies in Black Lands.   With this mod, I could actually make good use of civilian vehicles that are available in Dying Ember.  As long as me and my group stay inside and keep distance of 50-100m , we are not attacked even if armed.  On foot we have to be completely unarmed to avoid being attacked - also interesting to try!  Just a little suggestion, maybe it's possible to incorporate that in upcoming builds of Dying Ember.  

Best regards,

tourist

• Like 1

Hi Undeceived!

Have you ever thought about to give the storybook to hollywood...?

Matt Damon in the lead! :)

Never mind...you´re a king in mission design.

Thank you so much for this masterpiece and thanks to all the other guys doing this for us, too and all for free.

All the best

McLupo

• Like 1

Guys, thanks a lot for your comments. :) MUCH appreciated!

I was on holiday but returned today.

Tourist, I have to say, that the campaign is, in some aspects, a bit limited because of the MANW contest conditions and especially its short time frame. I don't think I will implement many new things in this first chapter, as I started working on chapter 2 some weeks ago (it seems that the burnout I had got better :) ). But in general I don't have much time due to work and I also began a second project and I'm waiting and really looking forward for the CUP team to convert more stuff from Arma 2 so I can convert Black Lands to A3 and improve it, and there's the Arma 3 expansion coming in next, and I always wanted to make a WW2 campaign (the holiday was in Normandy and damn... I really got hooked on that subject now! :D )... Well, so many ideas for too less time, but let's see what I can do. No matter what, it will take long though.

Regarding Dying Ember (the first chapter): I hope that I could fix (or at least improve) the weapon and equipment persistance feature, which was kind of bugged (missing gear especially in the briefings of the missions where it should be, etc.).

--> If anyone could give me feedback on that, it would be much appreciated. Just tell me if you noted something, if there were guns, ammo, etc. missing where it shouldn't - or if everything was there as expected.

THANKS!

• Like 1

I recently finished this one as well. I think there's not much to add to my first post a few pages back. The weapon pool and equipment saving for teammates didn't work, and some of the cutscenes are a bit too long. Other than that, a well-told narrative and a nice, story-driven SP campaign. I can safely recommend this to everyone who's looking for solid SP entertainment. Thank you, for taking the time to create this. I know how much work a project like this involves. :)

IP, did you play the latest version (1.5)?

The weapon pool and equipment saving for teammates didn't work

@Undecieved: great to hear you're back into the fold. Looking forward to your future projects.

When do you release the second chapter? The first one was very fun and interesting and I'm waiting for the other two!☺ðŸ‘👌 btw I got no bugs at all when I played this

• Like 1

Progress is rather slow at the moment and I'm working more on that other campaign I started recently. I'll surely get back there sooner or later, but don't expect anything in the near future.

• Like 1

Hello, Undeceived
I have got a problem with equipment. At the mission "Something isn't right" i can't figure out how to get weapons. I select a unit, open his inv, nothing happens :( 
May be i am doing something wrong. Also the whole squad including me have no weapons 
p.s. thx a lot for your job! 

p.s.2 finaly, i figured out how to use weapon pool. But it is empty, it didn't save anything from "New FirePower" only a few FAKs

p.s.3 I have just replayed New FirePower. Got CSAT weapons, saved it, even got extra RPG rockets ;3 Works fine. Also i tried to get acccess to weapon pool after the mission started last time o: My bad

Bitan, thanks for your important feedback!

The weapon pool system is... "difficult". Very prone to bugs... It can very well be that at the start of "Something Is Not Right" there is no gear available because of this. I tried to fix / tweak it, but it seems it didn't work out.

Thanks for replaying the third mission again.

I hope that everything works now. Have fun!

• Like 1

In the mission "Something Is Not Right" i dont have any gear to give my guys even though I picked some up from the previous mission. Please help!

Hi interectic,

yeah, this is one of the annoying bugs in the campaign which I couldn't fix so far... :(

Are you playing with the latest version (1.5)?

What helped other players is to replay the third mission "New Firepower" and then the fourth one "Murderer". Then the gear should be there.

It's a pretty time consuming workaround, but I hope it works for you too.

Please give me feedback after it, will you?

Thanks a lot!

Progress is rather slow at the moment and I'm working more on that other campaign I started recently. I'll surely get back there sooner or later, but don't expect anything in the near future.

Thanks so much for the awesome campaign! Have you considered porting your Arma2 one over?

Actually I began porting it, but at the moment I'm on a (I think small) break from Arma. But work will resume when I get back to it, which should happen in the next weeks.

Thanks for the good response!

BTW. if you play the campaign after having applied the NEXUS Arma 3 update (1.54), there will be some showstoppers. I'm currently patching the campaign, resp. fixing, what the Arma 3 patch screwed up. :) Will be ready tomorrow on Sunday (hopefully!)

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

A new version of Dying Ember is ready (v. 1.6).

It's nothing big, just a hotfix, as BI changed the IDs of the editor objects in the Arma 3 Nexus update (1.54), which screwed some triggers up, which again led to showstoppers.

Other than that I fixed some small bugs, nothing special here. Main thing is indeed the hotfix, which is needed, as the first showstopper came right in the first mission.

Should be fine now in 1.6.

Downloads are in the first post.

Have a nice week! :)

• Like 1

It's nothing big, just a hotfix...

Hi Undeceived,

nothing big, but the essential... :)

Your support is always reliable and that's what I appreciate.

To return to the beginning: It's nothing big, but the missiont works fine with the hotfix, well done!  ;)

Greetings

McLupo

I tried to continue my play through but it says i need to start over.

I'm afraid saved games cannot live through game update.