Undeceived

[SP/Campaign] Dying Ember (resistance campaign)

Yeah, it's the outro cutscene with the new Blastcore Phoenix :D

Yeah, I had some bugs, no big issues though. I didn't report anything since I'm using mods (ASR AI, TPW mods, Blastcore, JSRS and many more tweaks)

• In the outro cutscene my character had no rifle.
  • In the car getaway mission I lost number 2 but that had no effect on the mission (I'm glad it didn't, it was hell to make him follow me under fire).
  • After the mission where we had to steal equipment, I had just a few of the weapons and ammo I stole (I practically stolen everything they had there). And every time I restarted the mission, I had a new set of weapons, very odd.
  • In the cutscenes some LODs levels were still loading when the shot was seen, I remember there's a command to pre-load them to make sure the cutscene plays smoothly, you might want to check that out, it will have a massive positive effect over your campaign(s).

I hope that helps, thanks again for your wonderful work. People like you are the reason why this game is so great.

Good to hear that you were able to complete the campaign with all these mods, as I heard of people getting massive bugs or showstoppers (playing with mods).

Thanks, Variable! :thumbsup: Much appreciated!

Many thanks, Inlesco. Yeah - some design decisions always are questionable. :)

The story about Glare-V will continue in the next chapters (I had to shorten a lot of the story to make it in the MANW contest)... It is... frightening................... :butbut:

No ETA for the continuation though. :) But I'm sure I will continue working on it. But not at the moment.

Good to hear! Looking forward to more!

Btw, titletext ["","PLAIN DOWN"] annoys me because the font could be made so much better and crisp white. You feel the same? :D

BIS should replace it, but not with:

[
	[
		["CLOSING IN,","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='PuristaBold'"],
		["ALTIS","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.7'","#aaaaaa"],
		["","<br/>"],
		["OUR FINAL OBJECTIVE...","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '1.0'"]
	]

] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;

or something bloated like that.

Yes, I feel the same. As workaround, to be able to read better the text in Arma, I increased the interface size.

Great work and impressive atmosphere specially in that mission tying to find light source on that island when AAF vehicles were coming in from far Away, also never found any bug, looking for your next episode and we are glad to hear your progress here.

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

Glad that you liked it, mate! Thanks for reporting back.

An outstanding campaign, enjoyed it. By the end of it the characters really became close mates and their stories and personalities are as real as they come.

Also the cutscenes are first-class, it looked like watching an interactive movie.

No critical bugs, so it all went smooth. There are some actions in the plot and characters' decisions that I found questionable or a bit illogical, but it's a great campaign nevertheless.

Looking forward to the next part. Wish you luck.

Very well done, Undeceived. Sorry it took me so long to comment, I was lost in a heavily modded Skyrim for months.

I thought the voice acting was very well done, sound levels were great. I speak a tiny bit of German, so it was fun listening to it.

Cutscenes and story telling were high quality as usual with your work. I found some of the missions to be very difficult to complete (maybe I'm getting too old). One mission I had serious trouble on because I couldn't heal anyone, and I think it was the invincible script ... who wrote that anyway :) ... seriously thought that bug was squashed, so I take the blame for that one.

What has been mentioned before about running other mods is very true. I briefly tried running AGM (Authentic Gameplay Modification) and one your cutscenes simply got stuck. When I played the official campaign last Summer, one of the BIS missions also got stuck with AGM running. Another example was when I worked on a custscene in Arma 2, I had some helicopters fly in formation with soldiers parachuting out. Worked great until I loaded it with ASR AI, then the helicopters refused to follow waypoints or speed commands, and the whole scene went chaotic. The point is that when you run mods, you may not experience what the author intended.

I look forward to your sequel, and if you need help with something feel free to ask.

Help! I am stuck on the cutscene on the Murdered Mission. Right before his kills the other guy the camera zooms on me and gets stuck looking at me. Any suggestion? I am running JR,A3CNametag, bcombat,blastcore, cba 3, gear, jsrs2.2, magrepack, shactac, tao folding map, tmr, and ww_aimenu

Hi, I played this mission yesterday, as I wanted to see, if the new patches have broken anything, but this isn't the case, it worked witthout problems. BUT: I played completely vanilla, no mods. :)

I suggest to play this mission vanilla and switch the mods on after it. It isn't that long and this scene is almost at the end. However, as already said in this thread - I made the campaign completely without mods, so I cannot guarantee that everything will work!

Good luck and have fun!

AZCoder, thanks a lot for your feedback! Great to hear from you. :)

Edited by Undeceived

The murder mission cutscene is the one I stuck on. skrigz doesn't mention AGM, but when I removed AGM from my list, the scene worked. I wonder if it's tmr in this case.

Hi, I played this mission yesterday, as I wanted to see, if the new patches have broken anything, but this isn't the case, it worked witthout problems. BUT: I played completely vanilla, no mods. :)

I suggest to play this mission vanilla and switch the mods on after it. It isn't that long and this scene is almost at the end. However, as already said in this thread - I made the campaign completely without mods, so I cannot guarantee that everything will work!

Good luck and have fun!

AZCoder, thanks a lot for your feedback! Great to hear from you. :)

Thanks!!! that did the trick

Hello everyone!

A new version is finally ready! :yay: I fixed some nasty bugs and tweaked some parts.

Dying Ember v. 1.4

Check the first post for download.

PLEASE give feedback, if you find anything or if something doesn't work! Thanks.

Other than that: Enjoy!

Please make the intro cutscenes skippable if possible. We get it, something terribly bad and clichéd happened and now I have to do something about it ;), let me get on with it. By the second one, and not knowing how many more there were, I simply lost patience and aborted.

Hmmm, actually most of them, I'd say approx. 90%, are definitely skipable. Especially the long ones. Which one are you talking about?

Ok, there are a few smaller ones which are not, but normally there's a automatic savegame after them, so that you don't have to watch it again.

Wie kann ich die Mission Contact abschließen?

Habe die Tauchersachen gefunden und mich in Richtung Versteck(Land- und Wasserweg probiert) aufgemacht. Aber nix passiert. Der Typ mit dem Trafo ist auch nicht mehr zu sehen, das Fragezeichen wandert aber noch herum.

Nehme mal an das man das Team nicht mehr retten muß, da sie ja nach ner weile verschwinden..

Hi troymcc, spielst du mit Mods? Was für ein Fragezeichen meinst du?

Hi.

Ja ich spiele mit mods:

modsfbxvb.jpg

Das fragliche Fragezeichen ist das von dem Typen mit dem Trafoproblem, welchen ich auf dem Weg zum Signal begenet bin...

Höchstwahrscheinlich ruft eine deiner Mods einen Bug hervor, weil da nämlich kein wanderndes ? sein sollte. Im Notfall spiel diese Mission einfach komplett ohne Nods und aktivier sie danach wieder.

Der Ablauf der Mission ist der:

- Verletzten Typ auf Bomos retten (oder halt wieder wegrennen, wenn AAF kommt)

- Taucherzeug finden

- Von Bomos nach Altis schwimmen und Hilfe suchen

- Der Fischer ist jetzt in seinem Haus am nördlichen Ufer, nicht weit vom Übergang nach Bomis (in der Richtung, wo eine Kapelle ist)

- Der besteht auf Hilfe mit dem Generator, bevor er ein Boot gibt, mit dem man die Jungs + Verletzten abholen und fliehen kann

- Der Generator-Auftrag ist nördlich von Thronos zu erledigen, aber das erklärt der Fischer auch noch und er leiht ein Quad aus wegen der Entfernung.

Hoffe, es klappt bei dir, ansonsten sag Bescheid.

Muß Dir leider mitteilen, das es kein Mod problem ist. Hab es nochmals ohne Mods probiert, aber keine Besserung:

arma32015-05-2602-13-gguuw.jpg

Die Markierung "Fischer" kommt erst, wenn man dort ist. ansonsten funzt der Rest. Achja, das ? scheint doch nicht zu wandern, entweder hat ich optische Täuschung, oder es hat aufgehört ;).