hoizen

BIS_fnc_loadInventory and JIP

Hey all,

I have lost my marbles over this. I am currently using BIS_fnc_loadInventory in each unit's individual init field with the line:

[this,["missionconfigfile","BluGear","B_RS_TL"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

with a "riflesquad.cpp" file in my mission folder with class definitions such as this example of the B_RS_TL class:

class B_RS_TL
       {
               Items[] = {"AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage","AGM_Bandage",
                                       "AGM_Morphine","AGM_Morphine","AGM_EarBuds","RH_SFM952V"};
               linkedItems[] = {"US_2010_Multicam_PlateCarrier","US_2010_Multicam_ACHHelmet1",
                                               "ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","NVGoggles","G_Combat","RH_peq2","tf_anprc152","RH_ta31rco_2d"};
               magazines[] = {
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30rnd_556x45_STANAG",
                       "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red",
                       "Chemlight_green",
                       "HandGrenade",
                       "HandGrenade",
                       "SmokeShell",
                       "SmokeShell",
                       "SmokeshellRed",
                       "SmokeShellOrange",
                       "Chemlight_green",

};
               backpack = "US_2010_Multicam_Carryall";
               uniformClass = "US_2010_Multicam_FieldUniform2";
               weapons[] = {"RH_M4A1_ris","Binocular","Throw","Put"};
       };

When players slot up and load in, Everything is super dandy. Everyone's gears there and everyone's happy. Dance party.

Problem is: As soon as the server gets a JIP, everyone's gear gets wiped. Turns into pants off dance off and the only person with gear is the JIP. The Mission has a respawn_west marker with respawn = 3 for BASE respawn.

Respawners go to a spectator jail where they can action menu launch a spectator script so this custom gear loadout only needs to load when they first come in.

I would extremely appreciate any assistance anyone can offer to try to get this fixed. It is putting a huge limitation on my large scale missions without JIP and custom loadouts.

Same problem here, but if 2 players join at the same time we are both in our underwear at start. It only works if 1 player joins at start and no JIP.

I'm also using BIS_fnc_initRespawn = {true}; in the init to prevent random spawn with random kit.:confused:

I've tested with the console in-game, 2 players connected to a dedicated server.

_cfgEcho4 = missionconfigfile >> "cfgrespawninventory" >> "ECHO4"; [this, _cfgEcho4] call bis_fnc_loadinventory;

Server button = nothing

Global button = you see the uniform load for a second and then back to underwear

Local button = the kit loads as expected

So it seems that the function has to be called locally. And I am not sure but the unit init must be firing the function globally/publically which must somehow affect the other kits and you can't put local variables in the unit init (example _cfg instead of cfg).

I tried running BIS_fnc_loadInventory in initPlayerLocal.sqf but no go.

when I put _cfg = missionconfigfile >> "cfgrespawninventory" >> "ECHO4"; [unitNameHere, _cfg] call bis_fnc_loadinventory; into the initServer for non-playable units, it works as intended.

EDIT: corrected error in code for initServer

Edited by sarlack

how to use bis_fnc_loadinventory with array gotten from bis_fnc_saveinventory without links to namespaces?

Use initplayerlocal.sqf In your missionfolder. Then the code Will only run on the player connecting and not all clients every time a jip joins

Thats how i fixed the problem in our milsim grp.