Sign in to follow this  
Stuffy

Headless client using the linux binarys

Hi,

does the linux server binary support headless clients? I can't seem to get it to work. I tried adding the -client option to the start-up paramters, but I'm just getting a very strange error.

hello friend you know if an api changed the weapon id 3 to update servers

This longer works

*** 233780 validate app_update

hello friend you know if an api changed the weapon id 3 to update servers

This longer works

*** 233780 validate app_update

I'm not completly sure what you are saying, but I guess you are hinting at the update that way released today. But I checked that before I tried starting the headless client, and the server itself works without any issues.

What's the error? You also need a localhost entry in your server.cfg file (can't remember exact syntax... localhost = {127.0.0.1}; maybe)

Dedicated server tutorial thread should have this info

Well, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. My start-up-line is

./arma3server -client -connect=localhost -port=2302 -name=HC -profile=HC

but all that happens is that it tries to start another server instance and not the headless client.

I could be wrong but i don't think there is any native Headless client for Linux yet.

There is a new Headless Client in the works, here is hoping its not to far away from getting done.

Currently have headless client setup via wine...

I am still working on scripts etc for headless client, but it appears to be good.

Battleye etc is working

Using

Tightvncserver (for opengl on headless server, just easier imo).

Wine (I use POL static wine builds, that way i don't need to worry about wine system updates breaking something for Arma).

Don't forget to edit HC profile battleyeLicense=1; (that had me confused for abit, was no warning in console about it)

I could be wrong but i don't think there is any native Headless client for Linux yet.

There is a new Headless Client in the works, here is hoping its not to far away from getting done.

Currently have headless client setup via wine...

I am still working on scripts etc for headless client, but it appears to be good.

Battleye etc is working

Using

Tightvncserver (for opengl on headless server, just easier imo).

Wine (I use POL static wine builds, that way i don't need to worry about wine system updates breaking something for Arma).

Don't forget to edit HC profile battleyeLicense=1; (that had me confused for abit, was no warning in console about it)

Yes, I already had a similar setup once, but thought the headless client was already included in the linux-server release. It's very confusing since no offical site says anything about it, so thanks for the heads up!

Well, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. My start-up-line is
./arma3server -client -connect=localhost -port=2302 -name=HC -profile=HC

but all that happens is that it tries to start another server instance and not the headless client.

Are you starting Arma3.exe for the HC?