Sign in to follow this  
ikerdo

tools 0.72. No p drive

I have just updated the tools and I can´t make my p drive.

Yesterday everything was ok, so....

What should I do? Is there any way to download the last version?

tools.jpg

Thank you, but it is not working for me.

Sould I do a clean install of P drive?

I copied the mapdisk file to armatools folder, restarted the tools, mounted p drive but it doesn't show up

It looks like you started DevP from the desktop. You need to extract the archive into your Arma 3 Tools directory (…\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3 tools). (I should have detail that earlier)

Hi,

It didn't work for me at all (tried all methods)

My admin profile has a P: Drive, but I need the P: Drive on my own profile as well (all profiles are linked to administrator group)

Here is a photo of both the DevP and mapdisk command prompts:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2nixroi.jpg (327 kB)

Please I hope theres a solution to this, I really wanna get into map editing and modelling,

Ranwer135

Hello,

Could you open a console (WIN+R, cmd), use the command "PATH" and copy here the result. I think something is wrong on your OS.

Hello,

Could you open a console (WIN+R, cmd), use the command "PATH" and copy here the result. I think something is wrong on your OS.

Hi,

I did as you mentioned in the reply, here is the info on the cmd after typing "PATH":

C:\Users\Tim>PATH
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

That's what I thought, your PATH environment variable is wrong, meaning devp cannot work (and almost every batch scripts of any kind).

This is an advanced operation to restore the default behavior of Windows, you bear the risk!

With Windows 8

Go into Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> System

With Windows 7

Right click on "Computer" icon on the desktop, then properties. If you don't have a Computer icon on your desktop, click the Start button, right-click the Computer option in the Start menu, and select Properties.

From system properties

Click on Advanced system settings, from the opened form, click on Environment Variables. In the variables form, bottom group box, find the variable named Path and click Edit and add (at the beginning) the following content to the value:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

For information, the default value after installation is:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

I added PhysX because, obviously, it should be installed if you play Arma, the path of the powerShell kit because it's a very common one, reference to your ATI graphical card and Autodesk & Mikero tools requirements.

Be aware...

• Every paths must be separated with a semicolon,
  • Every paths must be correct,
  • Altered/Wrong path can prevent your system to work normally,
  • These are "System variables", so, used by Windows, don't play to much with it when you don't know what will be exactly the result (this can be a re-install of Windows :rolleyes:).

Edited by tom_48_97

@tom_48_97

- It works! Oh man you just saved my day, now I can begin making maps and models :D

Thank you so much for solving my problem! :)

Kind Regards,

Ranwer135

EDIT: Hi again, I was just playing BF3 and the PC literally turned off on me. (happened to other games like DayZ too :confused:)

I got a feeling it could be the PATH maybe? Because P:Drive dissapeared after the weird crash.

Edited by Ranwer
Crashing 2 minutes later

Did you take the personalized PATH I gave you or the default one? You can try to reinstall/update PhysX and your graphical card drivers to solve the issue.

If this doesn't fix your issue, tell me exactly what's the issue.

As for P Drive, like I wrote in Buldozer Manual, you need to mount it after each startup.