Sign in to follow this  
nevbox

Steam - Error An error while updating Arma 3 (invalid depot config)

Error as per title: Steam - Error An error while updating Arma 3 (invalid depot config)

This occurs when you try to launch via steam and it attempts to update.

I'm on

Version: 1.24.125979

trying to update to 1.26 I assume.

Several posts all over the Steam arma 3 troubleshooting forum.

The same happened to Borderlands last year and received this response from valve in the end:

martino 8 mag 2013, ore 5:58

There was a content misconfiguration in our Steam database. Should be fixed now, eventually restart the Steam client to pickup the update faster. We apologize for the troubles you had.

Waiting on a fix, I can still run arma 3 oc, but updating would be nice.

EDIT:

Possible fix:

Had the same problem with Rome Total War Gold, with the steam client running I temporarily renamed the game folder ("\Rome Total War Gold" > "\Rome Total War Gold!" and uninstalled the game. Renamed the game folder to its original name and reinstalled the game, it discovered the game files and the problem was gone. If you do the same thing for Arma 3 (development version) it will probably find many files changed (due to frequently updates) and you will have to redownload them.

Just a theory but this has probably something to do with corrupted .acf files.

Edited by Nevbox

ArmA just updated... Crash! NO ARMA!! Cant load!!!!

What happened????? Some update (via Steam) which was super slow.......

Something about .NET I believe, now game is dead. Locked up every time.

Unable to work on projects!!!! Frick! Time to go watch Netflix for the night.

This has nothing to do with BIS, it's all Steam. . Some people say steam://flushconfig works, but not for me.

Tried to use the steam beta with no success. :q: Damn it steam.

EDIT:

I used steam://flushconfig, but this unfortunately buggered my A3 tools, no buldozer due to steam checks and failings to update. Mid project :mad:

Edited by Nevbox

I kinda have the same problem, just that the message is "An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (connection time out)

Well my connection is perfect, but when i try to set the beta to "development" its starts at 500kB at fades down to 0 in 30 sec.

I should download with 10MB and i just downloaded another update with 10 MB.

Help please :c

On my Windows 8.1 powered rig and 2nd Steam account all went right the game has updated as a charm ..

On my Windows 7 one and 1st account the upload size was around 350 Mo and then I got an "An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (connection time out)" message.

After too many various attempts, restarting the rig , restarting Steam, and so on ... , I have decided to erase the Arma3 directory files, after having saved all 3rd parties content, and reload the full game last night.

It works well now ...

Seems the trouble has come from a Steam version that messed up updates for me. Rome Total War & Arma 3 were both attempting to update at the same time and now both have the invalid depot config, I've found the depot config folder, but arma 3 isn't even there. 107410

Going to attempt uninstalling steam. Remove registry entries for both Steam and Arma 3.

Had the same problem with Rome Total War Gold, with the steam client running I temporarily renamed the game folder ("\Rome Total War Gold" > "\Rome Total War Gold!" and uninstalled the game. Renamed the game folder to its original name and reinstalled the game, it discovered the game files and the problem was gone. If you do the same thing for Arma 3 (development version) it will probably find many files changed (due to frequently updates) and you will have to redownload them.

I gave up due to waiting too long and reinstalled. Going to highlight this in Op.

Thanks.