Sign in to follow this  
blacknite3d

FPS Lag and Crash even on LAN

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (3.2 GHz)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Now my issue:

I have no problem playing singleplayer, I can even set it to fax settings and still get 60 FPS at a min., however when I go and join a multiplayer game it will drop to 40 FPS and then 2-4 FPS in less than five minutes, and in most cases it will just crash. Even the servers I am joining have less than 5 people with a ping less than 100 and I will still have the same issue. When I do LAN by myself my FPS will go down to 30 and stays around there throughout the mission. I am pretty sure I am at their recommended level in their specs so WTF?

Solutions I have tried: I have setup my parameter to "-skipIntro -maxmem=8192 -maxvram=4042 -cpucount=4 -exthreads=7 -nosplash -cpuCount=4" and I have changed the arma3.cfg and set GPU MaxFramesAhead=1 and no difference. I have even set everything in my game settings to low or disabled and nothing.

This is very frustrating...

Edit: I would include my ArmA 3 RPT file but it is over 5mb and causes screen lag if I were to post the whole thing here...

Edited by Blacknite3d

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (3.2 GHz)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Now my issue:

I have no problem playing singleplayer, I can even set it to fax settings and still get 60 FPS at a min., however when I go and join a multiplayer game it will drop to 40 FPS and then 2-4 FPS in less than five minutes, and in most cases it will just crash. Even the servers I am joining have less than 5 people with a ping less than 100 and I will still have the same issue. When I do LAN by myself my FPS will go down to 30 and stays around there throughout the mission. I am pretty sure I am at their recommended level in their specs so WTF?

Solutions I have tried: I have setup my parameter to "-skipIntro -maxmem=8192 -maxvram=4042 -cpucount=4 -exthreads=7 -nosplash -cpuCount=4" and I have changed the arma3.cfg and set GPU MaxFramesAhead=1 and no difference. I have even set everything in my game settings to low or disabled and nothing.

This is very frustrating...

Edit: I would include my ArmA 3 RPT file but it is over 5mb and causes screen lag if I were to post the whole thing here...

Ok i'm guessing you're new to Arma.

First off delete the max vram code bit. It's not needed and "may cause unforeseen consequences" (quote direct from bohemia interactive)

secondly arma 3 is just shit on AMD and no matter what you wont get better than 15-30 fps

The mission is probably heavily scripted and has lots of a.i's. It doesn't matter about players that much. (This is for invade and annex and any co-op game) so try to find a good scripted mission

Turn down your view settings to 1000-1500 for playing against a.i and 1000-1300 for pvp and make sure AA is disabled

object detail low

shadow detail- ultra

terrain-high

Lastly, please don't make a thread about this issue, there's a ton of threads and this just proves your laziness to research

Limitz,

Sorry about my English. It's not my forte

You must be new to ArmA seeing you just joined last month, your solution is garbage so please don't assist me in this matter. As for calling me lazy I did my research and that is how I came up with the parameters as stated above, so your attack on me is uncalled for.

You must be new to ArmA seeing you just joined last month, your solution is garbage so please don't assist me in this matter. As for calling me lazy I did my research and that is how I came up with the parameters as stated above, so your attack on me is uncalled for.

Why is his solution garbage?

Those parameters wont do much. It's mostly placebo effect. You could try clock your processor some, but as the other dude said; AMD sucks in the Arma games.

Btw: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS

Edited by Llano

ok i'm sorry for coming out a bit blunt. Arma 3 sucks on amd... get over it. You also can't compare singleplayer to multiplayer as well, because they're 2 completely different aspects to the game. Multiplayer is rendered in realtime, if you didn't know that all ready. That means a.i from 15 kilometres out are being rendered while you're doing other stuff. That's how the engine works! If you want better fps in multiplayer turn down your view settings or play on a less scripted mission. It is as simple as that.

P.S just because i just joined the forums doesn't mean im new to arma.