Col Penny

Launch ArmA 3 Without Launcher - App ID?

So I'm old school. Sue me.

I still use the -mod line on my desktop to launch my ArmA 3. I've got about 10 different shortcuts, and for me it's a hell of a lot faster than PWS or anything else. If the ArmA 3 launcher did it correctly and found non-Workshop mods, this wouldn't be a problem. But it doesn't. So now, with the new 1.26, whenever I launch a shortcut it goes to the ArmA 3 Launcher, and trying to launch from that launches no mods at all.

Launching the arma3.exe from my ArmA 3 folder launches the game without the launcher, so I know that this is possible, but I don't seem to be able to find the Steam Appid for the specific executable (although granted I don't know where to look). Does anyone know what the AppID is for the arma3.exe, or if there is a launch parameter to disable the launcher?

For reference, AppID 107410 is the usual one, but that launches the Launcher now.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Someone from my unit got it for me.

Replace

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 107410

with

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 3\arma3.exe"

Followed by parameters

^ what he said.

Also there is an A3 launcher out there that creates desktop shortcuts for you (intsead of launching the game)... can't remember the name ATM but can find out if you like.

I know it's been a while since this thread started AND that I'm trying to play on a "not exactly supported" platform, but this still might be interesting enough for people to contribute.

So here I go:

I installed Arma3 via Steam on my mac and the game runs perfectly (!!)

The only problem is that it does not recognize any mods downloaded from the workshop.
I don't think the launcher is supported on Mac, since it requires Windows OS components.

I am trying to figure out a way to run the app the same way as above, with parameters pointing to were the mods folder is.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• Like 1