Sign in to follow this  
aimerleg

Mini-Update, Arma 3 cannot be launched.

Yep, small update. You no longer get the option to select if you don't want to launch the launcher, it just launches the launcher and to my suprise, it crashes when you click play and says you are offline. I tried restarting, everything.

-sigh-

Better wait for fix?

Yep, small update. You no longer get the option to select if you don't want to launch the launcher, it just launches the launcher and to my suprise, it crashes when you click play and says you are offline. I tried restarting, everything.

-sigh-

Better wait for fix?

just finished downloading 800 mb of patch, the launcher is cool, but the game won't load the background "scenario" and can't enter any server right now,

wtf

and can't enter any server right now,

wtf

Maybe the servers haven't been updated to 1.26 yet?

Try checking file integrity (Properties window) or reinstalling it. And before it finishes downloading press play, and wait until it is fully downloaded. Wait like 5 min to ve sure. This worked for me, I don't know if it will work for you.

Well in SPOTREP there's this:

You can still launch the game without launcher by starting executable directly.

Also it's recommended to verify cache of your Arma 3.

Just some workaround tips if needed.

Well in SPOTREP there's this:

Also it's recommended to verify cache of your Arma 3.

Just some workaround tips if needed.

just veryfied the cache, still same issue. no "background scenario" (aka ocean) and there is a very strange bug with the weather in sp mode, the sky is always bright, i tried some campaign missions and the weather feels like it's stuck on 12:00 am :j:

Oh no.

That sounds bad... :eek:

If you launch arma 3 exe itself, is the issue still present?

Okay... So its just not me!? Looks like I have the night off I guess...

Game just stays locked up on "Bohemia Interactive" loading screen!

Today, I opened Steam and clicked Play Game for Arma 3. It began downloading an update; after it was finished, I launched the game. I figured out pretty quickly that something was wrong -- the Learn tab was gone from the main menu, and the version number displayed 1.24-something instead of 1.26.

So, I tried to verify the game cache within Steam, as recommended. Steam announced that 300-something files failed to validate and must be redownloaded. No downloads appeared to be going, so I hit "Play Game" again and it began attempting to download an update. However, I got an error message: "An error occurred while updating Arma 3 (connection time out)". All subsequent attempts to download this update result in the same; re-verifying the game cache does not amend this.

I am not running any mods -- this installation of Arma 3 has never had any mods installed.

I cannot run Arma 3 at all now.