Sign in to follow this  
POLPOX

POLPOX's Calm Animations Script

So, if you run this Script like in the tutorial, the server will execute it and it will work in MP as well?

I wrote you a PM

Edited by Cigar0

Is anyone still there? Well, I uploaded new version of PLP_calmSoldier.sqf!

There is no bug etc... maybe.

Changelog:

+Re-write script

+Add some option

*File size down

This version 2.0 is almost totally changed from old one, so you can still download old one.

Enjoy and do animations for your mission!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cool script! It's nice seeing people acting a tad more human from a distance and not just standing still as if they are frozen in place.

its a wonderful script i must say. Its seems to disable the setcaptive function though..

Hello there, since last update I can't get worked the script.

I tried the old one, same result. Like exemple

_nil = [this,"HANDS_BACK"] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

It doesn't work anymore.

Maybe I forgot something but I tried many things

EDIT: Firing animations seems to works...

Edited by LouisV

Hello there, since last update I can't get worked the script.

I tried the old one, same result. Like exemple

_nil = [this,"HANDS_BACK"] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

It doesn't work anymore.

Maybe I forgot something but I tried many things

EDIT: Firing animations seems to works...

Hmm? Are you work the script v2.0 on A3 1.34, but it doesn't work?

I can't reproduction it...

Hmm? Are you work the script v2.0 on A3 1.34, but it doesn't work?

I can't reproduction it...

Affirmative, I'm using the 2.0 script on 1.34 stable branch. "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf" is in the folder mission's. This is weird because when I tried your mission exemple with your oldest version, I had the same issue, only the firing animation was working.

By the way, I was using it before the 1.34 release with your first script version. It worked fine.

Affirmative, I'm using the 2.0 script on 1.34 stable branch. "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf" is in the folder mission's. This is weird because when I tried your mission exemple with your oldest version, I had the same issue, only the firing animation was working.

By the way, I was using it before the 1.34 release with your first script version. It worked fine.

Hmmmmmm... Maybe, it's maybe, animations wasn't loaded? Please retry script and try to re-download script...

Cant confirm this i working actually with it and all is like it should be.

I have only named the units and i use full command for it.

Really nice scripts and thx for making it.

Is this running on a dedicated server ?

Hmmmmmm... Maybe, it's maybe, animations wasn't loaded? Please retry script and try to re-download script...

Re-downloaded multiple times, still doesn't work. Am I the only one having issues ? In that case I will search somewhere else

EDIT:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39732810393210019/AEC93DA4EF56EDB390F5F614E25F27EFB62A278B/ (273 kB)

on the left _nil = [this,"TALK",["NO_TOUCH","DEFAULT",true],false] execVM "plp_calmsoldier.sqf"

on the middle _nil = [this,"TALK",["NO_TOUCH","EXERCISE_PUSH",true],false] execVM "plp_calmsoldier.sqf"

on the right _nil = [this,"SHOOTING_KNEEL",["NO_TOUCH","DEFAULT",true],false] execVM "plp_calmsoldier.sqf"

I'm gettin maaad.

Edited by LouisV

_nil = [YOURUNITSNAMEHERE,"EXERCISE_PUSH",["FULL","NONE"],React] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

Name your unit like you want but it has to be the same name instead of this.

Only for testing, try it so =

_nil = [uSinf1,"EXERCISE_PUSH",["FULL","NONE"],React] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

Name your Unit like USinf1

And this is false i think

_nil = [this,"TALK",["NO_TOUCH","EXERCISE_PUSH",true],false] execVM "plp_calmsoldier.sqf"

you cant call a animation here, you only call it in the second paramter, after your units name or this.

Edited by Speedygonzales

_nil = [YOURUNITSNAMEHERE,"EXERCISE_PUSH",["FULL","NONE"],React] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

Name your unit like you want but it has to be the same name instead of this.

Only for testing, try it so =

_nil = [uSinf1,"EXERCISE_PUSH",["FULL","NONE"],React] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"

Name your Unit like USinf1

And this is false i think

_nil = [this,"TALK",["NO_TOUCH","EXERCISE_PUSH",true],false] execVM "plp_calmsoldier.sqf"

you cant call a animation here, you only call it in the second paramter, after your units name or this.

Thanks for your answer Speedygonzales. Still it doesn't work.

But when I execute the command on server

This is working ! The problem is, I will not have the console access during my mission, and I will like that all my units animations will be already ready to perform it.

I will try with an empty Game Logical.

EDIT: No way, I must call animation during game since Its doesn't work. I'm stuck here

PS: By the way, It's a MP mission on dedicatd host

Edited by LouisV

It is incredible that the ArmA 3 does not have this by default.

Good script.

Hi Legolasindar,

Have you checked BIS_fnc_ambientAnim and BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat?

Hi Legolasindar,

Have you checked BIS_fnc_ambientAnim and BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat?

These functions, are not MP (Dedicated) compatible. Have tried to use them in the past with issues such as clients not seeing the animations, units not playing the animations at all and units playing animation floating in the air.

These functions, are not MP (Dedicated) compatible. Have tried to use them in the past with issues such as clients not seeing the animations, units not playing the animations at all and units playing animation floating in the air.

In that case, for use with each of the aforementioned functions: BIS_fnc_MP

In that case, for use with each of the aforementioned functions: BIS_fnc_MP

I tried a while ago to run the functions through the BIS_fnc_MP, but still no joy. Tried different things, posted on these forums in the editor section, at which point a couple of people tried various things, the conclusion was the functions are not really designed with MP in mind.

LouisV did you manage to find out why it wasn't working on your end? I seem to be having the trouble aswell since updating the script to v2.0

EDIT:- If i use the previous script version the following works fine:-

_nil = [this,"LEAN"] execVM "scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf";

Using v2.0 it does not...

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Hi all, I'm working for multiplayer by running on local. Wait one, ETA... some days!

Your new version of script is weird. I am not able to set animation for my units. When i grab your older script from example mission everything work neat.

What could I do wrong? I am passing only unit name and animation name as parameter, nothing more.

Your new version of script is weird. I am not able to set animation for my units. When i grab your older script from example mission everything work neat.

What could I do wrong? I am passing only unit name and animation name as parameter, nothing more.

please tell me your parameters.

this setbehaviour "safe";_nil = [this,"TALK"] execVM "plp_calmSoldier.sqf" ; [this] join naprawiacz

I tried other animations on newer version but they were not working. I'm 100% sure that script was executed properly because when i tried to have fun with equipment/weapons ( i thought that maybe it was causing the problem), weapons were being removed correctly from soldier's equipment.

Older version FTW :P

this setbehaviour "safe";_nil = [this,"TALK"] execVM "plp_calmSoldier.sqf" ; [this] join naprawiacz

I tried other animations on newer version but they were not working. I'm 100% sure that script was executed properly because when i tried to have fun with equipment/weapons ( i thought that maybe it was causing the problem), weapons were being removed correctly from soldier's equipment.

Older version FTW :P

h-m? I was use the code and tested, but it was work. where are placed the script? if you placed on e.g."scripts" folder, you need more code for execVM like "scripts\plp_calmSoldier.sqf". please check it.

It's not working for me either, pretty weird. Earlier versions worked fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works when called via a trigger or similar things, however it does no longer work when used in the units init-field for me as it used to.

However, I encountered a bug. Units playing any sit animation won't leave that animation when killed, they are just stuck in that animation state when killed.

Edited by 123justin321

I work with the newest version and with the command in the init of a unit, it works fine for me on dedicated servers. But i cant call them via trigger.

Very strange whats happens here.

Plopox thx for this awesome script it brings my missions to life.