Sign in to follow this  
Famousbasic13

ARMA 2 OA Dedicated server ISSUE

Hi there,

I followed @Gunter Severloh tutorial about dedicated servers, Which was a Great help! But i have a big problem

I installed the @RealLifeRPG mod through th FTP, Then i added my mission into MPmissions folder, then when i restarted the server it wouldnt show up for myself and several others. We couldnt find it on Remote nor Filtering it. I think i did the Command line correct? here is what it is : -server -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -ip=94.23.157.13 -port=2312 -profiles=default -name=default -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -config=default\server.cfg -netlog vsj10 -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@RealLifeRPG

Is that what im supposed to do?

thanks

Henry

Greetings,

I am a server admin for our unit, now I am not sure what mods you are using but one thing I saw that was not right was "vsj10 -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@RealLifeRPG" Ok first off I have no idea about Real Life as what mods it uses, but -mod=@arma2:"first mistake you forgot the @" now somebody correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe you need to add the expansion in there ?? and if it is a mod there should be an @ symbol in front of it. again the ca.. whatever that is if it is a mod needs the @ in front of it and then you need to end your last mod with the ; symbol I see you forgot that also. I hope this was some kind of help to you , but as I said in the start I have never played that game "MOD" before so not sure on what mods you need, or what the @expansion; or the @ca; mods even are. If I can be of anymore help feel free to message me on here. I just reread your post and even your start up on the server is not really correct, here is an example of one "ArmA_Server.exe -config=server.cfg -netlog -port=2302 -mod=@whatever;@something;@etc; Also since GameSpy shut down the Query ports are now different then they were. When I first started I learned by reading from the source here is a link to all you need to know to start learning about dedicated Arma 2 servers https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration be sure to check out all the parts and learn from the example configs.

Twiztid

Edited by Twizztid
Needed to add something

Thanks for the input,

So i looked at that link and changed a few things but still nothing. Also when in the server panel, i click on Current Activity and Stats and an error pops up " (servers ip and port) is not responding to query"

If you think its better to talk on teamspeak lt me know.

Thanks

Henry

Hey,

I believe this is still true for Arma 2 servers , not positive though. If not catch me tomorrow and we will talk on TS.

steamPort = 8832;

steamQueryPort = 27028;

Twiztid