kimi_uy

A-164 Wipeout HUD MOD

kimis A-10 HUD and the mighty gau mod.

Hi, very nice addon!

Please, do not take this as another "CCIP please!" post but, I am wondering why CCIP's mod version works with unguided rockets and LGBs while using this amazing HUD mod (personally I love it for the ASL indicator and single flare launch option), but not with the Wipeout's cannon (haven't tested the Neophron yet).

It's weird because the "Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger" mod also changes the cannon specs and modes but the CCIP still works (using the 3 combined works fine for me, but still without CCIP).

Hope you can solve it or at least what to do to make it work, even in a shoddily way! xD

Thanks again!

CCIP script's original author here: It could be that the weapon name doesn't match the one in the stock CCIP mod, that's the most likely reason for it.

Yup, what xendance said, i changed the weapons. It can be worked out though

kimis A-10 HUD and the mighty gau mod.

You can remove the weapons and gau8 pbo from my mod and it should work properly

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Mighty GAU is not from him, it's from Alexus xD... stuff happens again? xD

yeah you are right, you can make them work together by removing stuff. I just meant, the mighty gau mod uses a white corsshair, breaks the immersion with your green hud design. But really, its just a minor detail.

On the next update I'll try to add a fully compatible pbo for the gau8 mod.

I had to change a lot of stuff in the weapons becuase they were either wrong or for convenience.

sounds great. Looking forward to it. Man, arma 3 is really coming together now...with the marksmen dlc releasing tomorrow and your additions to the flightexperience.

Hey geraldbolso1899,

Any thoughts on supporting 3rd party A10s such as pearls or STA a-10?

I personally fly CAS for our group, and would love to use this hud :)

Hey geraldbolso1899,

Any thoughts on supporting 3rd party A10s such as pearls or STA a-10?

I personally fly CAS for our group, and would love to use this hud :)

Your're in luck my friend, because my HUD is in the latest update on peral's a10c update (although probably outdated in comparison to my mod)

As for Stiltman's A-10a, i did the hud but he hasn't updated his mod yet.

@geraldbolso1899. When i select the macers to shoot ground targets, i see big white and small green squares representing ground targets. The green ones are the targets actual locations, where as the bigger white ones are randomly placed way off target. Is that just me or are you experiencing the same issue?

@geraldbolso1899. When i select the macers to shoot ground targets, i see big white and small green squares representing ground targets. The green ones are the targets actual locations, where as the bigger white ones are randomly placed way off target. Is that just me or are you experiencing the same issue?

Assuming you don't use headtracking: then both the white "standard "targeting box" and the little green box in the HUD should be aligned.

If you are in fact using headtracking, the white box will be the real location and the green one in the hud will be the aproximate location.

To explain this in a few words, lateral head movement will displace everything in the HUD.

ok...so maybe i mistake a gamemechanic for a bug. To be clear, with the macers selected, before you reveal and lock a ground target, the big white boxes are in the general direction but a good bit off target and the green ones are on target. After i reveal or lock a target the white and green boxes are both on target. Is that the mechanic working properly?

Q2: am i correct to throw out both pbo and bisign of weapons and gau files to make it work with the mighty gau? Or only the pbos? Thx for clarifying that for me.

Edited by Xon2

For the sake of simplicity remove both.

For the other issue with the target boxes, could u post some screenshots?

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

so as you can see...the white boxes align with the 4 tagets when i press the ''next target (in vehicle)'' key for each individual target. Its really not a big issue, i was just wondering wheher that is normal or a bug on my end.

Hey Kimi, love your HUD mods! Do you have any intentions of adding a CCIP/CCRP? Considering its a helmet hud an animated/floating CCIP reticle could be considered realistic?

Something like this?:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27403

I actually tested using your mod and eRazeris at the sametime and the combination is almost perfection. It would just need some polishing and it would be perfect! Maybe have it Key toggeled?

It would be really cool if we could lock onto targets using the HMDs (without having to point the whole aircraft at them). Example:

I haven't been able to find any way to make the crosshair follow the freelook view (since that's all that we would need for HMD locking) and I'm not aware of any script command that forces a missile to lock onto a target... I wonder if locking targets in freelook mode is possible at all?

In all your work on this mod, did you find a way to change the colour of the hud ?  I personally would love to have a dark red one, to have a better contrast with the sky and ground.  I find it very hard to read the hud when I'm playing due to the light green colour.

yeah you are right, you can make them work together by removing stuff. I just meant, the mighty gau mod uses a white corsshair, breaks the immersion with your green hud design. But really, its just a minor detail.

You can actually change you Arma HUD to Green from the Settings-Game-Layout menu. I did it and also sized up the GPS screen. Much better now. Less immerstion break... :)

CCIP script's original author here: It could be that the weapon name doesn't match the one in the stock CCIP mod, that's the most likely reason for it.

While you´re here ;) ... if it´s not possible to integrate to KIMI:s HUD mod. Would it be possible to add parameters for changing font size and colour?

In all your work on this mod, did you find a way to change the colour of the hud ?  I personally would love to have a dark red one, to have a better contrast with the sky and ground.  I find it very hard to read the hud when I'm playing due to the light green colour.

I know how to change it, but it's not easy to swap it back an forth ingame (i don't think its possible at all). So that would leave me the only option to change the whole mod altogether, which i don't wanna do. I cant fight the fact that arma's horizon is so bright n shinny, for that you need to tweak your graphic settings (more view distance, dynamic lights n shit).

While you´re here ;) ... if it´s not possible to integrate to KIMI:s HUD mod. Would it be possible to add parameters for changing font size and colour?

I don't think the "while you are here" applies in this ocassion cause that post was 5 months ago :p