.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

I don't know if I am missing something really simple or if I'm doing it wrong but for whatever reason I can not seem to get any of the maps in the AiA TP package to show up in the editor. I have tried loading it with no other mods, with other mods, even switching out .PBOs and nothing. The only map the does seem to load every time is SMD Sahrani. Any help would be much appreciated.

Yep now im getting the AIA depedency "AIA_CORE" error again. Is it another mod interfearing with it or...?

My community and i downloaded it from PWS, we got no error and everything works just fine.

Where did you get yours from?

Hello, this is my first post on here and im completely new to arma series having just bought arma 3. Im trying to download the All in terrain pack full 1.4.1 via A3 launcher but it is so so slow, so i want to try downloading from here. Is the latest AiA TP 2015-01-01 Full (6.4 GB) the same as the one in a3launcher? Its just a3 launcher is 8.5gb but the download on here is 6.4? Also when i download via this site am i good to go or do i need to download the hotfix and apply it then download the patch and apply it also? Thanks in advance for any help provided :)

I just tried to download some of the maps individually, and the official A3 launcher says I'm missing a file called "AiA Core." When I view the maps in-game, they don't have any labeling at all. Is there some way I can get that important file without having to download the entire 5GB pack? Come to think of it I guess I should try the torrent and just pick the main files.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems like I actually do have to download the 5GB file for everything else to work. I assumed that big file was just a combination of all the maps. I'll have to do it some other time I guess.

Edited by RedSwirl

Error message on game load: Addon 'AiA_Desert_e_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Desert_e_Data'.

Any help? Apparently my google-fu is not up to the task.

Update: Okay, through the simple process of disabling all mods and starting over at pure vanilla, then going back and loading one terrain mod at a time, I figured out that it was simply a matter of the order in which the terrain packs loaded. So, just in case anybody else runs into this, load "ArmA 3 Map Pack v1.4" and "ArmA 3 Map Pack-Add Pack", BEFORE AiA.

Edited by PBeck
Answer found. Error fixed

Nikolay,

Same here unfortunately. I'm not going to hold my breath for an update either since the initial post points out that this project is no longer being maintained.

As such I'm currently looking at what Arma 3 standalone maps are available.

V

Noob question!

How does the AiA TP differ from the A3 map pack (A3MP - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack/page146) have downloaded them both but in the editor I can't seem to see any of the A3MP maps such as Baghdad and Fullujah?) my AIA maps come up ok?

According to the readme the following maps are in the A3MP?confused (do I need download the A2 maps?!)

- Podagorsk

- Namalsk

- Fallujah

- ToraBora

- Thirsk

- Thirsk Winter

- Clafghan

- Afghan Village

- Baghdad

- Dingor Island

- Lingor Island

- Everon 2010

- Panthera

- And i'm sure others will work fine too!

snip

Those maps are not included with A3MP you have to download them each one individually. The main difference between the two is that AiA TP is more up to date and comes with the terrains from Arma 1 and 2 whereas A3MP only has the Arma 2 ones I believe

suds thanks for the reply!

so if I understand you correctly then AiA TP comes with the maps already ready - but for A3MP I need to install the mod then separately install each of the ARMA2 maps i mentioned in my first post separately (in a different addon folder I assume? or in the same folder as the mod) - then it should work?

also just noticed for the Afghan village add on there is a dependent mot called FATA - do you need to install this on your ARMA3 or not required?

Edited by mac1

Neither of them come with any user made maps. Those you will need to download separately.

suds thanks for the reply - however just had a look at my AIA install and it comes already with the below scenarios (its a huge download) without any need to download anything separately!the below already appear in my editor and there .pbo appears in the addon folder for the mod - however this mod also seems to say its compatible with other A2 maps - does this mean I need to just drop their .pbo into the addon folder for this mod and they should appear in the editor?

AiA Maps

•Rahmadi

•Sahrani

•Southern Sahrani

•United Sahrani

•Porto

•Utes

•Chernarus

•Desert

•Takistan

•Zargabad

•Shapur

•Proving Grounds

•Bukovina

•Bystrica

•Takistan Mountains

however the A3MP mod does have a big download size but no maps appear into the addon folder or my editor?but it seems to say its compatible with the following maps (which I want to play):

- Podagorsk

- Namalsk

- Fallujah

- ToraBora

- Thirsk

- Thirsk Winter

- Clafghan

- Afghan Village

- Baghdad

- Dingor Island

- Lingor Island

- Everon 2010

- Panthera

To get the above maps working (they are all ARAM2 I guess) should I drop them into this mod's addon folder or do you need to install them separately or can I just use them with the AiA mod so there is no need for the A3MP mod I can just install them all within the AiA addon folder- hope someone can clarify?

Edited by mac1

You can use them with AIA and A3MP, they should both allow you to use those ARMA 2 maps. I'd go with AiA until CUP comes out because it has less bugs than A3MP. As for where to put the additional maps I like to install them each in separate folders(@thirsk, @clafghan, @namalsk, etc.) but it's really up to you. I try to avoid dumping all my addons into a single folder.

Edited by suds420

suds thanks for the reply - however just had a look at my AIA install and it comes already with the below scenarios (its a huge download) without any need to download anything separately!the below already appear in my editor and there .pbo appears in the addon folder for the mod - however this mod also seems to say its compatible with other A2 maps - does this mean I need to just drop their .pbo into the addon folder for this mod and they should appear in the editor?

AiA Maps

•Rahmadi

•Sahrani

•Southern Sahrani

•United Sahrani

•Porto

•Utes

•Chernarus

•Desert

•Takistan

•Zargabad

•Shapur

•Proving Grounds

•Bukovina

•Bystrica

•Takistan Mountains

however the A3MP mod does have a big download size but no maps appear into the addon folder or my editor?but it seems to say its compatible with the following maps (which I want to play):

- Podagorsk

- Namalsk

- Fallujah

- ToraBora

- Thirsk

- Thirsk Winter

- Clafghan

- Afghan Village

- Baghdad

- Dingor Island

- Lingor Island

- Everon 2010

- Panthera

To get the above maps working (they are all ARAM2 I guess) should I drop them into this mod's addon folder or do you need to install them separately or can I just use them with the AiA mod so there is no need for the A3MP mod I can just install them all within the AiA addon folder- hope someone can clarify?

A2TP is a prerequisite of those mods from second list in Arma 3, so in essence you need to install them separately but launch together

@Suds thanks

tried with AIA running and installed fullujah1.2 and podagorsk and they both seem to work well - except fullujah sometimes give me weird shadows and I cant seem to enter my options/config menu when I am playing this map?? - both also appear with a big ? over them in the editor map selection screen assume this is normal - note I installed them both in completely separate folders to the AIA mod and then activated them - I assume this is what you ment? I am also guessing there is no real point in installing A3MP as you get no maps with it and it essentially does the same as AIA - also what is CUP (I have the weapons mod is there another one coming?

@Dark not sure what you mean by A2TP? (Note I have downloaded AIA TP and A3MP now with some of the separate maps for ARMA2) - is there some kind of ARMA2 terrain pack with all of the above A2 maps together?

Edited by mac1

I'm pretty certain that DarkWanderer meant AiATP by "A2TP​"...

@mac Yeah, some of the user made maps like Fallujah will have bugs in arma 3, there is nothing you can do about it. And your right, there is no real reason to have A3MP installed. CUP, Community Upgrade Project, is the team working on releasing content from the previous games for Arma 3. Their first release was the weapon pack, the are also working on terrain pack. Here's that, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190329-Community-Upgrade-Project-CUP_Terrains

Good day!

I know, this project is no longer maintained yet it seems it is the only solution for creators to use A2 terrains (or user made A3 terrains requiring A2 assets). I've been running into problems lately I'd like others to confirm. I'm experiencing game freezes in some locations on Chernarus and the user made terrains Helvantis and Lost Island (winter), both requiring AiA. It's always the same locations causing a game freeze and there's nothing showing up in my .rpt. I have to kill the task and restart the game, it wouldn't exit otherwise. It's happening when I either move too close to or spawn in these locations. So far, I've had it on Helvantis in the big train yard thingy in the northern part of the map, Zelenogorsk in Chernarus and at the eastern Airport on Lost Island.

Anyone able to confirm this funny behaviour or should I re-download AiA? Or is there already a functioning version of CUP Terrains? (Haven't found a link or so in the respective CUP thread.)