.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

Hey all...I'm really busting my hump to get this mod working. I've done a lot of research and although others have had a similar problem, the solution has not squarely been addressed.

The error I continue to get, no matter what I have done so far, is: "Circular addon dependency in 'AiA_Afghan_Config'

If I remove the Afghan .pbo files, I get the same error message for the next map in the addon. I do not have any other map mods so I am clueless as to what is causing this problem or conflict.

Someone please help!

Thanks in advance.

It seems you are launching AiA TP with other AiA mods. Launch only AiA TP and you should have no such errors.

It seems you are launching AiA TP with other AiA mods. Launch only AiA TP and you should have no such errors.

What other AiA addons are there? By looking at the files in my addon directory, nothing else is jumping out at me as being from AiA. Hmmmm...

It took me about three solid days of my gaming time to get this one sorted. It does appear to have been a conflict with another mod, but I'm not entirely sure which one. I believe there were some reskinned tanks from ARMA 2 that I removed which solved the problem, but I made so many changes and moved so many things around, its impossible to be sure. For a long time I had a bad habit of unzipping mods directly into the addon folder, with no '@mod_name' subfolders. I finally cleaned all that up...

Anyway, I haven't actually run any of the maps yet, so fingers are crossed.

Hey, I know this mod is no longer officially supported by .kju, but I just wanted to ask for a qualified statement on a problem I encountered.

I experienced several CTDs while using the map "Faysh Khabur" in combination with AiA TP that seem to be related to the map itself. You can reproduce it by driving on the road leading north on the east side of the river.

Is this just something I have to deal with (that would be unfortunate as it would make the map useless in A3) or is there something I can do about it?

Have You downloaded the AiA TP 2015-01-01 Hotfix 1?

If not you would also encounter CTD's on Chernarus (near Solnichniy) and other Maps which use assets with corrpupt files which were patched with the hotfix.

Just Fly around near Solnichniy as Zeus to test.

I experienced several CTDs while using the map "Faysh Khabur"

Nothing you can do about it. The map never worked in A3.

Do someone know how to remove the Waterline bug on the map "Napf" ? Which files needs to be deleted with Pbo Manager. Deleting the Pond folder wasnt sucessful :(

If not you would also encounter CTD's on Chernarus (near Solnichniy) and other Maps which use assets with corrpupt files which were patched with the hotfix.

I am using the latest version available on SIX.

Nothing you can do about it. The map never worked in A3.

Aww, such a shame. It fits perfectly for my modified DUWS against the IS. Guess I'll have to look for other middle eastern maps then.

I use the Hotfix but the game still crashes near Solnichniy (works ... wrong file inserted -.-) ... to sad, that this mod will have no more updates ... i loved playing on Chernarus!

Edited by Dwarfex

that this mod will have no more updates ... i loved playing on Chernarus!

And we still can, let's enjoy it! Besides, EvroMalarkey will most likely release hotfixes in the future if need be.

Great job on the mod!

There is just a small problem:How can I turn back the grass style on ACR and Chernarus island?

Great job on the mod!

There is just a small problem:How can I turn back the grass style on ACR and Chernarus island?

Don't know about ACR but this works for Chernarus;

class CfgPatches {

class ANZINS_Terrain_AIA_Chernarus {
	Units[] = {};
	Weapons[] = {};
	RequiredAddons[] = {"AiA_Chernarus_Config", "AiA_Chernarus_Summer_Config", "AiA_Worlds_Clutter"};
	RequiredVersion = 1.00;
	Version = 0.10;
	Author = "Defunkt";
};

};

class CfgWorlds {

class CAWorld;
class DefaultClutter;

class Chernarus: CAWorld {

class Clutter {

class GrassCrooked: DefaultClutter {
			Model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_grasscrooked.p3d";
			AffectedByWind = 0.3;
			SWLighting = 1;
			ScaleMin = 0.7;
			ScaleMax = 1.4;
		};

class GrassCrookedGreen: DefaultClutter {
			Model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_grasscrookedgreen.p3d";
			AffectedByWind = 0.3;
			SWLighting = 1;
			ScaleMin = 0.9;
			ScaleMax = 1.3;
		};

class GrassCrookedForest: DefaultClutter {
			Model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_grasscrookedforest.p3d";
			AffectedByWind = 0.3;
			SWLighting = 1;
			ScaleMin = 0.8;
			ScaleMax = 1.4;
		};

};

};

};

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting any mission I make to run on a dedicated server using the terrain pack. Any mission I make, even one as basic as adding a BLUFOR and OPFOR player, does not work when hosting on a dedicated server.

The missions will work if I host them myself, but on a dedicated server with the "terrain pack LITE" installed, they simply don't load and the server instead switches to a working mission. Has anybody else run into this issue? I can't figure out the cause, and the missions that come with RHS Escalation do work so I know the maps are functional.

Cheers!

any chance somebody can fix the bargate (rotate it 90 degrees) ?

in AIA StandAlone it was fixed but that pack is having some problems as of late (certain addons wont work because of a problem with the class "BURST")

My dedicated server wont start with AllinArmaTerrainPackLite anymore, normal one works fine.

And yeah, bargate looks fucked. :)

To the guys "my server won't start with AiATP (Lite)" please post the server RPT file.

Getting a problem with what looks like clays falling/hovering around the player? Not sure if related to AiA Terrain Pack but it happens on every map even just on editor preview. Scenario I used to test was just me vs a group of hostile AI. Once I disabled AiATP it stopped happening... :confused:

It's a pretty big problem for us as it is causing vehicles to flip and fling if the objects hit them.

Can someone else just have a quick test in editor maybe on Takistan? Just put yourself down fighting a group of enemies and drag it out for 5 minutes and see if you notice either the object shadows or the actual objects themselves.

Edited by Eaglestrike999

noob question - whant to run this but whats the difference between All in Arma Terrain pack and all in Arma Standalone (which I can't seem to find a download link for any longer?)

Damn .kju, I hate to see you leave. You were a beacon of hope that A3 could become something.

Arma 3 and BI have just been frustrating in general. The community has put in so much time and effort into improving the A3 situation. I don't know what BI's goals are for A3. The engine has made improvements in some areas, but it still suffers so poorly in the biggest area of them all. Immersion.

- AI is horrible. They can't drive without losing a tire. They do not react at all when being struck by bullets. No suppressing effect. No loss in accuracy. No change in rate of fire. Up to the modders to fix.

- An uninspired civilian all-male faction that has decided their homes must be completely empty of everything -- only walls and floors. Up to the modders to fix.

- Stealth aircraft in a game that does not simulate active and passive sensor system, and therefore negates their stupid designs. Up to the modders to remove that stupid $#%.

- The ridiculous up-up-up recoil and weapon sway. Keep shooting and your natural arm position now relaxes 60 degrees into the sky. No muscle memory taken into account whatsoever. Up to the modders to fix.

- NETCODE - DESYNC GALORE. Modders can't fix.

- The cookie cutter, copy and paste content across factions. Up to the modders to fix.

- Time and energy spent on developing underwater ops without providing any inspiration to do so. Modders have no motivation to fix.

There is no motivation - no big picture. Why should I play your game, BI? MP is a mess. There is such a large general dissatisfaction toward the default A3 content, that it's difficult to find a common mod-base amongst servers. Back in Arma 3, you only really need ACE and you were set. Nowadays, you need a tremendous amount of mods just to be able to stand the game. On top of all that, BI issued the 1.63 patch for OA, in which they decided to issue new standards for variable declaration, and therefore broke not only their own missions, but also a plethora of community scripts that were made over a 5 year time period from authors who have come and gone. 1.63 was like a huge FUCK YOU to the community. Who is fixing that mess now? Corepatch by the community, and that is only for your OWN content. Good job BI. You'd think the community that tirelessly works to save your game is wasting their time.

Here's a tip for BI. REWRITE YOUR CORE ENGINE or make a new one so we can have a fresh start. You are riding on the wave of popularity from DayZ, and your customer base is larger than ever. I don't want to hear excuses on time and financial budgets.

/rant

P.S. I'm too pissed about .kju leaving to care about inevitable disagreements.

Nowadays, you need a tremendous amount of mods just to be able to stand the game.

QFT !

I barely played with any mods in A1 or A2, spent whole w-e playing with friends with vanilla content of thos previous versions of Arma.

Now, you needs mods to improve the game to an enjoyable level, mods to fix those mods, mods to fix the fix...Etc

I just checked my A3 directory : 203 mods !!??

Sure, some are defunct, useless, unmaintained anymore... but BiS really need to finish this game. It has been in beta for far too much time.

Can we please stay on topic and not make this another rant thread? Thank you.

My server also refused to start with the Terrain pack lite. which is odd as I've checked all the files and the same ones are there off my pc and it works fine on my PC.

The original source was from Playwithsix.

My .RPT file is here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BxFV3Q5C!BMH9fEP7Z1Rh860VrcRXPYCPIwH6XI0Rtop9FVfIAmg

Cheers for any assistance

Been struggling with this today too. I may be shooting in the dark here, but editing missions with AiATP adds an addon dependency called "xxx_config" which the Lite pack doesn't seem to like much. This appears to be what's preventing these missions from loading on servers using the Lite pack. Manually removing the dependency from the addons={} array in mission.sqm is a workaround, or using the full 8Gb pack on the server I suppose.