.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

Wow...this is sad news. Arma flags should be flown at half mast today because this is a serious blow to the community. Thank you to .kju for all the time and effort into making Arma even better. Thanks to all the modders and mission makers for that matter. I must say I did not realize that Bohemia Interactive was moving away from backwards compatibility and I also did not know that support for Arma 3 Rearmed has been scaled down or dropped:

• With BI shifting priorities during A3 development and as a result no longer improving

backwards compatibility of the engine and the work on A3 Rearmed getting stopped,

it made it very hard to make AiA an usable platform

.kju leaving is disappointing enough but to see this change, if true, tells me that Bohemia Interactive is forgetting what got them here and sends the message that content creators are wasting their time. There is so much Arma 2 content that has been created that I look forward to seeing in Arma 3, but it looks like that is being stonewalled by lack of BI support on backward compatibility. My motivation for making videos with Arma 3 just took a serious hit, I think after I finish the 4 Arma 3 video projects I am working on I am going to take a break and concentrate on filming with other game engines.

Thanks again to all you modders and mission makers...not the same game without you.

-DCAL

Edited by dcal

What is really terrible is that many terrains made just for Arma 3 still rely on Arma 2's assets, and therefore AllinArma Terrain Pack. Now what? Either people make a better/equal replacement for Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad, etc. or a bunch of people pick up the project and continue it. certainly something needs to be done. is there any discussion about this going on? the game is going to start updating again very soon. I only wish I had the skill to help.

Whoever or however the mod will continue or who will pick it up, I'd still like to report this problem.

Since the latest 2015-01-01 Patch (and Hotfix, haven't tried separately), there are 2 new units under Civilian section in Zeus:

- BOSS

- BOSS TRANSPARENT

If you put down either of them the game will crash.

Wow...this is sad news.

Arma flags should be flown at half mast today because this is a serious blow to the community. Thank you to .kju for all the time and effort into making Arma even better. Thanks to all the modders and mission makers for that matter. I must say I did not realize that Bohemia Interactive was moving away from backwards compatibility and I also did not know that support for Arma 3 Rearmed has been scaled down or dropped:

.kju leaving is disappointing enough but to see this change, if true, tells me that Bohemia Interactive is forgetting what got them here and sends the message that content creators are wasting their time. There is so much Arma 2 content that has been created that I look forward to seeing in Arma 3, but it looks like that is being stonewalled by lack of BI support on backward compatibility. My motivation for making videos with Arma 3 just took a serious hit, I think after I finish the 4 Arma 3 video projects I am working on I am going to take a break and concentrate on filming with other game engines.

Thanks again to all you modders and mission makers...not the same game without you.

-DCAL

I don't know how BIS decision to have no direct backwards compatibility is news. Kju talked about it over two years ago, and there was several discussions on the forum about the topic.

"Do you feel like BI has another policy about the backward-compatibility with Arma3 than they had before?

Apparently they do and they had a change of plans according to Marek's words in the recent blog post. Still it is to be seen if and how much focus they put on resolving the engine issues at hand. " -kju september 2013

What a sad way to begin this year; good luck Kju!

Let's just hope both this baby and CUP will keep going on!

Just as Q disappeared I hope we will see a new iteration of you some day :)

I don't know how BIS decision to have no direct backwards compatibility is news. Kju talked about it over two years ago, and there was several discussions on the forum about the topic.
This, really -- DnA was basically always vague/ambivalent in public about the subject of backwards compatibility, and I've always held the position (based on a post-launch interview by BI's CEO) that BI released the asset sources because the decision had been made not to handle the A2 content themselves.

I think there's still a chance BI may port the A2 content themselves, but we'd have to wait until after all of their planned DLC packs are released and polished up (Marksman DLC and "Expansion" DLC). Soooo... give it another two years. :cc:

@Bullet -Thanks for pointing that out, it does make sense after reading that. Best wishes to .kju.

Very sad news.

kju, thank you for all your hard work for the community, and very best wishes for whatever you decide to do in the future. I wish you all success.

Kind regards

Orc

error: config.bin/cfgPatches.aia_buildings.data <-- when in editor with zeus, getting back to the editor?

I think there's still a chance BI may port the A2 content themselves, but we'd have to wait until after all of their planned DLC packs are released and polished up (Marksman DLC and "Expansion" DLC). Soooo... give it another two years. :cc:
What makes you think that they would spend time and resources on it when they could instead could have (but didn't) buy the rights to this compilation from kju?

That, and by the time frame you suggest I'd be expecting the Arma 4 public alpha...

I'm back, and I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post.

But I'm trying to host @Sangin 2 maps with AllInArmaTerrainPack on an FPS server and it is not working. The exact same mission works with all other AIATP maps, but not Sangin. Any thoughts?

hey there,

I downloaded this version http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=6023 AiA TP 2015-01-01 Full (6.4 GB) and need to know if these two AiA TP 2015-01-01 Patch (135 MB) and the AiA TP 2015-01-01 Hotfix 1 (99 MB) there are already included?

The reason for asking is this, that everytime I get close to cherno my system locks up ........

Thanks

This is early Work in Progress(with many issue) and not maintained at the moment. Look First Post!

Edited by TeilX

This is early Work in Progress(with many issue) and not maintained at the moment. Look First Post!

So? this does not answer my legit question.

I asked nicely if these are already included or if I have to add these.

Hey dude,

you need to download "AiA TP 2015-01-01 Patch (135Mb)" and pull all files of this patch into your AiA TP Folder (yes, Overwrite existing files). And then you need the Hotfix with 99Mb and same behaiviour. Copy all files of the Hotfix into your AiA TP folder (yes, Overwrite existing files)

Then you should be good to go ;)

Hey dude,

you need to download "AiA TP 2015-01-01 Patch (135Mb)" and pull all files of this patch into your AiA TP Folder (yes, Overwrite existing files). And then you need the Hotfix with 99Mb and same behaiviour. Copy all files of the Hotfix into your AiA TP folder (yes, Overwrite existing files)

Then you should be good to go ;)

Thx will try that .....

Look First Post!
on First Post
HOTFIX 1 NOTE:

This is an incremental update for 2015-01-01.

So extract the new data over the existing and overwrite it.

looool Open your eyes!!!!

hey there,

I downloaded this version http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=6023 AiA TP 2015-01-01 Full (6.4 GB) and need to know if these two AiA TP 2015-01-01 Patch (135 MB) and the AiA TP 2015-01-01 Hotfix 1 (99 MB) there are already included?

The reason for asking is this, that everytime I get close to cherno my system locks up ........

Thanks

Patch is already in that. You need the hotfix only.

Someone got problems with AIATP with verifysignature on? I cant connect to server, if I dont launch AIAtp all works, Ive downloaded again with PWS to avoid errors but same..