.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

If anyone gets any crashes on Sahrani on a dedicated server, do send me a PM as I'd love to figure out more about this issue.

Does that happen in any particular circumstance?

I played on southern sahrani a couple hours ago and had no problems with it.

Also, i don't know if it's related to AiA, but since last patch i get an "error empty config.bin etc etc" error from time to time.

Those maps are awesome ! Just a question : Whith this pack i have a lot of new empty faction in MCC, any idea how to remove them?

The walking sounds are hardly noticeable on different types of surfaces in Bystrica

some A2 maps are not working, but its a good way ,love the new A3 Grass on Cheranus its really sexy.

The walking sounds are hardly noticeable on different types of surfaces in Bystrica

You mean like on the roads? It affects pretty much all A2 maps as far as I know.

This issue is a top priority on AiA TP roadmap - it will most likely be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for your great work ...... a question I have to manually turn on the light does not go with me somehow .... Added: A3 lighting to LHD.? Thank you

Just curious, as the only 'bug' I have with this great mod is the LOD/ground texture bug with the arma 1 maps where the terrain within a 50m radius of you is 'good' quality, and beyond that you can see a clear line where it turns into a very low quality blurry mesh.

Now I know that this issue was acknowledged a month ago or so, but is there any update on it? I remember a comment saying that it's the way ArmA 1 maps render it anyway, but isn't there a work-around. The bug does not exist with SMD_Sahrani (for instance), for ArmA 2 (and when you port it to arma 3, neither).

Just wondering, as it's the only thing bothering me, don't have any other complaints :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Does that happen in any particular circumstance?

I played on southern sahrani a couple hours ago and had no problems with it.

Also, i don't know if it's related to AiA, but since last patch i get an "error empty config.bin etc etc" error from time to time.

It doesn't seem to be a universal error, it could very well be related to our setup. We're just not sure what about our setup that would cause this to happen.

Atleast, it doesn't seem to happen when playing missions that have no ai.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

When playing a mission in a role that gives me the M40A3 from Trixie's rifle pack, I crash instantly. Playing a role without the weapon delays the crash for about 7 minutes.

Have you considered the possibility that maybe the issue is not in AiA terrains?

That's probably a given, problem is finding what is. Since it can crash instantly or after 30 minutes

That doesn't really help though. All I know is that it affects the three Sahrani maps and Takistan. Removing Trixie's rifles didn't solve anything.

I do not have access to the RPT. It's only the server crashing, so my .rpt file would be useless.

Which I just said I do not have access to.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

In any case, the crashes seems to be a conflict between RDS static weapons and AiATP.

I do not have access to the RPT. It's only the server crashing

Ooops, I wasn't paying attention enough, sorry... ^^

Which I just said I do not have access to.

Without reviewing the logs you'll be hard pressed to get answers, its basically asking us to check the engine of your car but we can't open the bonnet (or hood).

Either way seems like you've found your issue.

What are some of the positives to using this over A3mp?

May be repeated but grass and trees do not sway from helicopter wind.

You get Arma 1 islands as well and lakes have been removed so you don't get any weird glitches like weird rendering or instant death upon getting close to them.

Also A3MP hasn't had any public update in a long time and i doubt there's ever going to be one anymore.

What are some of the positives to using this over A3mp?

Alduric said he won't update A3mp anymore, on the opposite this will be.

Edited by Papanowel

It seems I was wrong in relation to Sahrani crashing. RDS static weapons is not the cause, it's just a catalyst that makes crashes happen more frequently when those objects are in the mission.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Speaking of crashes on Sahrani, I have an .rpt from a server crashing.

http://pastebin.com/Jg7uct8X

Edited by Tinter

@Tinter

How about Altis? Does it run well for you in Altis or do you have crashes there too? If you only play A2 maps, you should do some test with something running in Altis, so you can assure at least you have a stable A3. The last patch introduced several new CTDs, but they happens all across the board - A3 and A2 maps. You might be chasing a ghost here.

Maps other than Sahrani and Takistan work fine. I know atleast Altis and Zargabad works fine.