.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

My clan plays coop using A3mp and no issues seeing through bushes that I could see. It's the Chernarus map modified.

@ Lightspeed_aust

There have been no modifications to vegetation so far as stated.

My clan plays coop using A3mp and no issues seeing through bushes that I could see. It's the Chernarus map modified.

Numrollen talked about Bystrica, not Chernarus. IIRC Bystrica had that problem in Arma 2 as well, in any case it was more pronounced in Bystrica than in Chernarus.

Variable is right. AI didnt have Thermal Optics, no 1.0 skill. It really affects gameplay when over 10people looking at enemy area and get shoot 1 by 1 and no one could spot the enemy group. They were behind 2-3 rows of bushes, 3-400m away, impossible to see. We really like the TP, will try another map from it on the next mission.

Hi guys!

I've just installed the AiA TP Lite version on my server, but , when I try to load a certain scenario (e.g. on "Sharani") it just won't start.

Looking into the .rpg log, it seems like a certain addon is missing.

Here it goes:

12:16:07 Missing addons detected:

12:16:07 CAWater2_seafox_EP1

12:16:07 aia_sara_config

Halp!

Numrollen talked about Bystrica, not Chernarus. IIRC Bystrica had that problem in Arma 2 as well, in any case it was more pronounced in Bystrica than in Chernarus.

interesting that it had a problem but Cherno didn't, although when the grass was long in Cherno when A2 first came out, it was a biatch trying to fight the AI.

@ FSIclan

Please upload the (rpt) log file.

Do you have a windows or linux server?

Your config doesn't do anything, you need to modify the Reflectors subclass since it defines the lights on a model, still think the best way is iterating over the lamps with NearestObjects with filter for "Lamps_base_F" and just damaging the hitpoint, since it doesn't require an extra addon and can be adjusted per mission basis.

Thanks for the suggestion!

The problem with the script approach is that you don't have many choices if you want to disable all light sources : you can either iterate through all of them at mission start (you have pretty much one chance out of two to crash your game on large terrains), or run a looped script to disable them at some distance around the player - wich is a no-go for me.

Fortunately, I was able to kill a good deal of streetlamps following your advice! ;)

Back at it now!

;2785088']@ FSIclan

Please upload the (rpt) log file.

Do you have a windows or linux server?

We've got a Windows server.

Here is the log.

Copy that, it's just I couldn't find the old report.

Right now, I'm trying to re-reproduce the error, in order to give you a fresh .rpt log.

Thanks for the assistance.

Edited by FSIclan

@ FSIclan

This is from a different session - AiA TP mentioned in there.

And please use a file hosting service like mega or pastebin.

Kju, thank you for your tremendous acheivments and afforts with AIA. Long time fan of all your work throughout the years. Have you or anyone else noticed a difference in performance in A3MP vs. AIA terrain pack.

On average I get 5 to 6 frames less using AllInArmaTerrainPack v1.2.1 vs. A3MP.

I had that feeling too; but it still runs better than Arma3 maps. ;)

I had that feeling too; but it still runs better than Arma3 maps. ;)

No doubt , but is this because of things like working lighting or other things functioning properly/completely. 5 to 6 frames on a not so modern machine can be the difference in playable and not playable. I've also noticed there seems to be somewhat of a cap on max frames in AIA terrains. If you click on map and zoom all the way in in an inactive area the difference in frames is more than double and slightly more varying frame fluctuation in A3MP vs steady frames in AIA.

Kju, thank you for your tremendous acheivments and afforts with AIA. Long time fan of all your work throughout the years. Have you or anyone else noticed a difference in performance in A3MP vs. AIA terrain pack.

On average I get 5 to 6 frames less using AllInArmaTerrainPack v1.2.1 vs. A3MP.

i am the opposite, i never ran faster than with AiATP 121 compared to A3MP

So, yesterday i downloaded the 7th September version of the Terrain pack and i was really looking forward to the new A3 Grass textures, but somehow i do not get them.

I created a collection with AiA SA and the High Quality Pack via PlaywithSix. I downloaded the 7th September terrainpack and added it to my Collection.

Please Help!

I really appreciate the work of you guys and i like it a lot, so i wish someone could help me, so that i get this new Grass Meshes/ Textures

Write back at your convinience

Best regards,

Weißdorn

Edit: I fixed it myself, i created a new Collection with the Terrainpack :D

Edited by Weißdorn

Is there a difference in functionality between using the SA or TP versions over just using the "old" All In ArmA? Assuming I have ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead installed and am only really interested in the terrains.

Will players using the small download of the "old" All In ArmA be able to flawlessly play on Takistan or Zargabad with players who run the SA or TP versions?

Will players running the HQ version be able to flawlessly play with players not running the HQ version?

Thanks.

@ Jigsor and Pepe Hal and AngelWingGamingJacob

How about you guys and others do some tests with my old test suite and share the result (in a separate topic):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114937-PvPscene-Benchmark-Suite

Technically AiA TP should be still very similar to A3MP.

The additional lights could have an impact.

@ Weißdorn

You were missing the hotfix I believe.

Will try to get a new version/new patch out in the coming days.

@ galzohar

> difference in functionality

Some - check the feature list in the first post.

> be able to flawlessly play on Takistan or Zargabad

Flawless is hard to say; most likely it should be still fine for now.

> be able to flawlessly play HQ and non HQ mix

Same comment as above.

Of course the lower textures might give better performance, and either

better or worse in regards to gameplay.

Does this help?

does the hotfix/ upcoming update fix the floating buildings issue?

also, is it possible for clients to make the mod smaller by deleting certain unwanted map i.e. deleting pbos for those maps, or is it all tied together?

thanks

@ Azer1234

1) This is already fixed. You need to download the hotfix (or use PWS).

2) This is what the AiA Terrain Data Pack is for.

Will the upcoming update fix any crashes related to Sahrani? I have a mission that crashes the server when it's played on a dedicated server.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

I should mention the crashes don't occur when switching the map to altis.

@ Tinter

Did you report the crash yet to BI in the A3 feedback tracker?

No I'm not sure what to report as it seems to also not happen if I remove a script. So it seems to be the script in combination with the map.

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
_kUnit = objNull;
_high = -1;
{
_knows = independent knowsAbout _x;
if (_knows > _high) then {
		_high = _knows;
		_kUnit = _x;
};
} forEach (call CBA_fnc_players);
_pos = [(getPos _kUnit)] call BIS_fnc_findOverwatch;
tank_1 doMove _pos;
tank_1 doWatch (getPos _kUnit);
_pos = [(getPos _kUnit)] call BIS_fnc_findOverwatch;
tank_2 doMove _pos;
tank_2 doWatch (getPos _kUnit);

I'm not sure what to think of this, just running BIS_fnc_findOverwatch on it's own does nothing.

@ Tinter

If you can reliably reproduce it, they will be interested for sure.

Make a simple demo mission and mention AiA TP (lite) as requirement. :)

Apologies, but it seems to be simply due to RDS_tanks. Although it only happened AiA maps. Even then I don't have anything to report then.