.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

I know I'm probably alone in this (and obviously it's neither here nor there what I think) but I don't really grok the A3 clutter on Chernarus. It strikes me as having a cartoonish quality. 2c.

@ MikeTim

No new one.

@ Pansyfaust

You should tease people with some preview images. ;)

@ Defunkt

Based on the feedback we could offer a replacement config to switch back to the original one.

;2779606']Based on the feedback we could offer a replacement config to switch back to the original one.

Very kind of you to consider. I could make this myself for now but maybe if others felt the same way it could be offered as an option with valid bisign (once you start signing AiA).

I actually really dig the A3 grass on Chernarus and wish that it replaced all the original A2 grass (so it'd work on all maps using ArmA II original Grass) not sure about OA grass though so i'd say config is the way to go

...bothering kju about it as we speak...

OK, so here's a visual idea of what some A2 terrains look like with A3 clutter.

Podagorsk

Bukovina

Bystrica

Japahto

Moschnyi

Thirsk

kju gave me a big hand putting this together, so kudos to him! I've passed the product onto Evro, to see if he'd like to incorporate it (potentially as an optional thing) into his A2 island fixes.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

No dust when driving in fallujah. Really nice effect everywhere-else tho. One thing - Dust should stay more solid further away. Is it possible for wind and/or objects to affect dust movement (like votex effect etc.)?

I'm experiencing a lot of crashes on Chernarus when spawning AIs... :(

I just noticed this in the RPT file, last line just before the crash : "Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolGRE/: Missing word Solnichniy".

Could that cause the game to crash? (I doubt it...)

On the other hand, I noticed it seems to happen when spawning squads on the coast : something going on with the way water/sea is handled on A2 maps maybe?

Probably because solichny is the town near the coast... which I know it is close to the coast so... AI is probably trying to do something like in arma 2, where they would say "cetne dale vu, 300 metre solichny" in like czech or something lel, I remember it from one mission I made they said it alot.

But yeah its because they would reference the closest town, probably something left over from that breaking.

Anybody else seeing the white specs on the Chernarus Satmap? also climbing some ladders like the apartment buildings in fallujah?

No white spots but I did notice that climbing ladders in some of the larger buildings in Chernarus with AGM active can almost cripple you when you reach the top. I dunno why this happens but I know its the combo of AGM and the way the ladders function.

No white spots but I did notice that climbing ladders in some of the larger buildings in Chernarus with AGM active can almost cripple you when you reach the top. I dunno why this happens but I know its the combo of AGM and the way the ladders function.

That might be due to AGMs falling detection, that wouldn't be exclusive to Chernarus though

Just wondering, is this sky texture bug or feature? Because it's stays here on sky and doesn't move like other clouds and Stratis and Altis doesn't have it. Personally I found it ugly..

EDIT: seems it's sky_almostclear_sky.paa in takistan_data.pbo, shouldn't be all maps use texture from stratis or altis?

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Just incase you didn't see it yet, Iceman placed a note on the crash while attempting to load a different terrain ticket:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]From programmers:

Crash occured when clearing out object list from the map. Seems like some serious issue with some objects in that map.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So does that mean the problem is on the mod's side and BIS can do nothing with it?

Just wondering, is this sky texture bug or feature? Because it's stays here on sky and doesn't move like other clouds and Stratis and Altis doesn't have it. Personally I found it ugly..

EDIT: seems it's sky_almostclear_sky.paa in takistan_data.pbo, shouldn't be all maps use texture from stratis or altis?

I always thought those were altocumulus clouds - wich can be a bit weird : you usually see those before a rainy day.

Currently those clouds (if they are clouds indeed) always appear, no matter the weather.

its a feature and a deliberate artistic decision. stratis and altis have no real skytexture which makes them disturbingly homogenous and unrealistic and imho ugly in that regard.

the skytextures in aia tp so far received positive feedback and as is see it the combination of 2d and 3d clouds is the best solution for both technologys limitations.

IRL you have different layers of clouds at different altitudes moveing at different speed and directions. The texture together with 3d clouds simulates that pretty well imho it also addapts to various weather situations.

im sorry you dont like it, im pretty convinced that the texture is the right choice and i hope thats common perception as well.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/504701728445560929/C64FD51C1EA2B2658D66005C57B020E3809FA11B/ (216 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486686236629426331/012094621D7352EF3BB032278B847CF931EB416E/ (133 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613925344076889640/AF5550D5057CDCC049739AC601A70B8D90863BB8/ (144 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45353414814420204/16D311EB014C76C865917F9BE8619A274A841CD1/ (217 kB)

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

I always thought those were altocumulus clouds - wich can be a bit weird : you usually see those before a rainy day.

Currently those clouds (if they are clouds indeed) always appear, no matter the weather.

they do not appear before overcast surpasses 0.15, they progressively increase visibility then according to increasing overcast value.

Thanks for clarification, I just don't like that it's not moving and it's stays exactly the same through the time. And it's not exactly ugly, I just find it weird :D

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Thanks for clarification, I just don't like that it's not moving and it's stays exactly the same through the time. And it's not exactly ugly, I just find it weird :D

arma2 sky stayed the same for years so i thought its not that much of a step backwards, though it wouldoffcourse be preferable if the texture could change more, but its also a littlebit a thing of selective perception and i hope the 3d clouds add enough dynamic changes to the scene. arma3 lighting and weather is generally WIP and afaik vanilla a3 will receive some more updates so if they come up with a better solution its allways possible to switch to it or recombine.

Thanks Fabio, I always play with a bit of overcast so I never noticed! ^^

By the way, I found a systematic crash on my favorite map - something seems to be wrong with AI... :(

Good news though, it's quite easy to reproduce :

Open Chernarus in Editor and spawn two grouped units at this location (just South of Solnichy) :

p><p>This doesn

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT : False alarm! Turns out the crash was caused by a bad CPUcount in my launch parameters (weird!)...

Edited by Pepe Hal

arma2 sky stayed the same for years so i thought its not that much of a step backwards, though it wouldoffcourse be preferable if the texture could change more, but its also a littlebit a thing of selective perception and i hope the 3d clouds add enough dynamic changes to the scene. arma3 lighting and weather is generally WIP and afaik vanilla a3 will receive some more updates so if they come up with a better solution its allways possible to switch to it or recombine.

I just wanted to tune in and say that I really enjoy the higher clouds. They make the AiA maps stand out and In comparison I find the Arma 3 maps almost boring without the much beloved new clouds :)

I think DayZ has added something similar as well and its gorgeous. They are not altocumulus clouds, but cirrus clouds of some kind and fit perfectly with most weather situations...

I just wanted to tune in and say that I really enjoy the higher clouds. They make the AiA maps stand out and In comparison I find the Arma 3 maps almost boring without the much beloved new clouds :)

I think DayZ has added something similar as well and its gorgeous. They are not altocumulus clouds, but cirrus clouds of some kind and fit perfectly with most weather situations...

cirrus clouds yes and the idea was to "reverse engineer" the TkoH method, thats what Dayz SA does as well more or less!

I am not sure if I am going crazy or my eyes are going bad, but I feel like the texture quality suddenly got diminished in the latest version of AIA TP. The map terrain and all the units seems to have have pixelated texture. I deleted the previous version of AIA TP and replace it with the new version. I always felt like the prior version of AIA TP Lite is very comparable to A3MP. Now it seems to be more pixelated, blurry, and glow.

http://i.imgur.com/QGaZkm2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WfkGqJP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eNB7gBS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YKUcgOP.jpg

Screenshots taken in Zargabad in AIA TP Full version. The graphic quality is similar to all other AIA TP maps for me.

Edited by Vezer0

Something similar happened to me, Vezer0, only on Sahrani. The ground textures and everything are very low resolution similar to your screenshots. Using @A3MP and @smd_sahrani, it's fine. It's very weird.

I am not sure if I am going crazy or my eyes are going bad, but I feel like the texture quality suddenly got diminished in the latest version of AIA TP. The map terrain and all the units seems to have have pixelated texture. I deleted the previous version of AIA TP and replace it with the new version. I always felt like the prior version of AIA TP Lite is very comparable to A3MP. Now it seems to be more pixelated, blurry, and glow.

Screenshots taken in Zargabad in AIA TP Full version. The graphic quality is similar to all other AIA TP maps for me.

Check your rendering resolution and your sampling settings. These may change and stay low if you ran Arma in windowed mode, or switched a profile.

Hi, after the last update I'm getting this error: Addon 'AiA_Buildings_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Buildings_Data'.

After that I get this error: Circular addon dependency in 'AiA_Core' and the game don't start.

I'm using withSIX launcher.

Something similar happened to me, Vezer0, only on Sahrani. The ground textures and everything are very low resolution similar to your screenshots. Using @A3MP and @smd_sahrani, it's fine. It's very weird.

Keep in mind, aia Sara doesn't have mid range textures, while smd Sara does. That alone makes a big difference. You'd be able to see this difference without a3mp, by just using aia for smd Sara's dependencies.