.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

Ok something is seriously wrong, only Chernarus and Takistan Mountains are loading in ARMA 3. And Chernarus's name isn't loading in the missions lobby. Did I do something wrong? Could this be a result of the download being corrupted? If it helps, I manage my load order from the in game load order manager and I put AiA at the top, although the Arma 3 dlc and zeus always shows up above it, yet somehow Arma 3 itself is at the bottom and i can't move it. The load order is top is to bottom right?

Can't help you with that. I use ArmA3Sync to launch the game, and before that the good old command line :).

Does this map pack also offer compatibility with other A2 maps (user made) like A3MP + A3MP Additional Pack do?

Also one thing I noticed: going from A3MP to AiA is very easy, going back not so much as it places some dependancy stuff in the mission.sqm

Question 1) Yes

Questions 2) Any mod will do that. It's best practice to manually edit the SQM to remove both sets of dependancies from the top of the file between the {}

SJ

Also one thing I noticed: going from A3MP to AiA is very easy, going back not so much as it places some dependancy stuff in the mission.sqm

It shoud not. You shoud create a ticket and let kju know.

Edited by seba1976

A future request kju, coud you release all files as lowercase? This would really help with updating our (and others) linux server.

It shoud not. You shoud create a ticket and let kju know.

it should actually, it cannot be fixed, as the only way you could fix that would be have this mod basicly be a copy paste of A3MP

Uh.... Pretty damn sure it doesn't have to write dependencies... Especially with the way it works like logically, you can't play the mission,on the map if you don't have the map.... Do you see what I mean?

Pretty sure or doesn't have to, if a3mp didn't, no reason this should I would think

A future request kju, coud you release all files as lowercase? This would really help with updating our (and others) linux server.

Your question has already been answered in kju's FAQs:

Q: Can you make all file names lowercase for Linux servers?

A: Please use the tolower command/tool instead.

However, tolower is - afaik - a method usable in programming or shell scripting code, but not as a linux shell command. But there's another pretty simple solution for your problem:

Just open your PuTTY, go to the folder where your mods are located and run the following command:

find . -depth -print -execdir rename -f 'y/A-Z/a-z/' '{}' \;

It will recursively rename all files (and folders) to lower case, starting from the folder you are currently in.

You can also write yourself a bash script which you can save anywhere you want and then just run if you need to.

Just create a new file, called e.g. "rename" and place the following into it:

#!/bin/bash
cd /the/folder/where/your/mods/are/located

You can now simply run it with

./rename

(you have to navigate to the folder where the script is located, first).

Edited by TheConen

Uh.... Pretty damn sure it doesn't have to write dependencies... Especially with the way it works like logically, you can't play the mission,on the map if you don't have the map.... Do you see what I mean?

Pretty sure or doesn't have to, if a3mp didn't, no reason this should I would think

its because things that are in AIATP are saved to your mission that A3MP does not have (ie. textures for things that casued errors in A3MP, or configs and scripts)

Great job so far.

Though to be fair, the only reason why I'm not replacing A3MP with this is, beyond no support for Namalsk (which is a fairly decent map when taken out of its element, still), the fact the walls still flop over erratically with no regard for physics not to mention how some trees simply collapse when in contact with the hood of an MRAP travelling at 7 km/h (an all-too-common problem with ported maps, sadly).

All that aside, I will be keeping a close eye on this mod, it's very promising!

Curious, I'm fairly certain walls were supposed to be fixed, though is this only happening on ported non-BI maps?

Curious, I'm fairly certain walls were supposed to be fixed, though is this only happening on ported non-BI maps?

it looks as if the reyhard fixes malfunctioned or something, because theres a lot of things other than lights and dust he fixed, and they are not fixed in AiA TP

Maybe they aren't implemented yet, anyway since I never used SMD Sahrani, are the building textures better than arma 1 default?

Anyway, I never played arma 1 but Sahrani is really legit, wondering if was caa1 just a straight port of it, or was it like somehow upgraded?

Your question has already been answered in kju's FAQs:

However, tolower is - afaik - a method usable in programming or shell scripting code, but not as a linux shell command. But there's another pretty simple solution for your problem:

Just open your PuTTY, go to the folder where your mods are located and run the following command:

It will recursively rename all files (and folders) to lower case, starting from the folder you are currently in.

You can also write yourself a bash script which you can save anywhere you want and then just run if you need to.

Just create a new file, called e.g. "rename" and place the following into it:

#!/bin/bash
cd /the/folder/where/your/mods/are/located

You can now simply run it with

./rename

(you have to navigate to the folder where the script is located, first).

Ah, okay. the problem isn't the files on the server since we have a towlower shell script already. The problem is transferring them from windows

so i'd need a towlower bat file

You can probably dl a program somewhere I bet, I hear it's such a common problem for Linux evertpything.

I'm getting various errors when trying to use this mod,

missing vehicle errors like cessna.red or similar when playing on takistan

and experiencing game crashes when playing for 10 minutes+.

Didn't happen with the old AiA/A3MP.

Sorry once again the long delay!

@ MikeTim

There will be frequent updates if necessary. :)

Check the first post for the advantages.

You have the BI A1 terrains and more or less community made A1 terrains may work too.

@ MikeTim , SnowingJimBob, AngelWingGamingJacob

In regards to the waterline bug - Please check the issues section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ Parratt

Sorry for the delay!

@ deVilspaWn

In regards to the full/lite version mix - Please check the MP/server section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ killshot

Theoretically it might be possible, yet for many reasons it is better to have community made terrains separate.

Why do you see the need or where the benefits to add them to the pack?

Can you please make reports on the issue tracker about the shadow problems - at least the position mentioned or a simple demo mission to see the problem immediately.

At least most of the missing textures/objects should be solved in the patch;

however some more to come in the next update.

@ CAPTNCAPS

In regards to requirements - Please check the initial and general section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ serjames

While using the terrain pbos from your A2/OA install may work to some degree,

it will also make you miss out various improvements for them.

Please check the issues section of the FAQ in the first post.

In regards to SMD Sahrani - Sickboy still needs to publish a PWS update to activate backwards compatibility to A1/A2 content when AiA TP is active.

@ GDent and SavageCDN

In regards to Six Updater - Please check the download section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ GDent

Icebreakers' terrains use a lot of custom objects. Potentially one of them is causing the crash.

@ DavidZi

When I am download the torrent using utorrent the hashes still match.

So I can only guess your torrent client is the cause, or the network connection or your local HDD have corrupted it.

Please try again and also on another system with a different internet connection.

From time to time there will be new full/complete versions, however there will always be patches.

If you want to minimize the patching, use Play withSIX as it applies delta patching.

In regards to lowercase - Please check the servers section in the FAQ on the first post.

The object data cannot be separated. It is all or nothing. So renaming doesn't make sense.

Basically you need the complete terrain data pack for all terrains.

@ Outlawz7

Can you please upload the arma3.rpt after such freeze.

Goodson's A2 Island Lighting Fixes should still work yep.

@ cuel and PenguinInATuxedo

Can't do anything about the crash.

Please vote to make BI fix it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20427

Updates will be hundreds of MB to 1-2 GB. When the large model containers get changed, it means a lot of data to download.

If you use Play withSIX, the delta patching will make the updates way way smaller.

@ seba1976

SMD Sahrani works with AiA TP. Only PWS needs an update to support loading content from A1/A2 when AiA TP is active.

@ Pansyfaust

Outstanding work! Contacted you in steam. :)

For other readers: After a talk we will cooperate - Pansyfaust's work will flow into AiA TP, yet he will also do his own releases first!

@ Twizztid

CiforDayZServer/Nonov and M1lkm8n (main developers of SMD Sahrani) are part of the CUP team.

As mentioned in the section "Planned for future updates" in the first post their work will be integrated into AiA TP, so that all terrains using these objects and buildings will get upgraded!

@ RogueTrooper

The browser extension should not be needed.

Just make sure you use a browser in the latest version without plugins to disable core functionality.

@ Old_Painless and MikeTim and DutchVidya

In regards to mission compatibility - Please check the initial section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ Nemiuk

Can you please make a report at the issue tracker and provide details (location/simple demo mission).

@ sgtsev3n

In regards to Seattle from TKOH - Please check the general section of the FAQ in the first post.

@ Simon1279

Thanks for pointing out the remnant groups. Will try to get that sorted in the next update.

@ JHard

Please vote to make BI fix it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8973

@ ChiefKamachi

I messed up - sorry! Fixed in the first patch.

@ taumargin

Will look into it thanks! Ticket can be found here: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75046

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2763358']

@ killshot

Theoretically it might be possible' date=' yet for many reasons it is better to have community made terrains separate.

Why do you see the need or where the benefits to add them to the pack?

Can you please make reports on the issue tracker about the shadow problems - at least the position mentioned or a simple demo mission to see the problem immediately.

At least most of the missing textures/objects should be solved in the patch;

however some more to come in the next update.

[/quote']

Yes, the patch is great! F.A.T.A. seems to be bugless now :ok:

Most of the shadow problems I had were resolved by changing the shadow settings from low to standard. By now there's only one of the shadow problems I noticed left, I will provide the infos later on the tracker.

And it's ok to have the user made terrains seperate! Thanks for the work! :)

Ehm, i actually downloading the 6Gb AiA, after that i need the ~1Gb Patch and i am good to go?

Yes, you need to unpack the patch into the original AiATP folder of course. Then it should be ~8,8GB big and working.

Hope to see a fix soon then kju, our server is crashing at least once a day after switching from A3MP :(

Good thing is it's free from rpt spam

cuel are you sure it's not driven by all the desync and CTD's that have occured since 1.26 ?

Please excuse my ignorance, but how can the Thirsk crash to desktop issue be an engine problem when it does not happen with A3MP?

I wish I knew. It was a lot more stable earlier, really

Yep we've had perfectly stable setups that now seem to go belly-up. We've kind-of put a hold on further dev work till a hotfix. Bis have acknowledged there is an issue and are working on it apperntly

SJ