Sign in to follow this  
brad.inggs

External Viewer problems

Hi all,

I've been having no luck with getting my external viewer option to work from within the object builder.

For example:

I'm in Object Builder, I load up a sample file, say Test_Car_01 and then click on View>Viewers>Buldozer>Start and it comes up with "External Viewer attach failed" it then just loads straight into ARMA 3 game.

Is there something I'm missing here? In the ObjectBuilder options I have written in the External config settings:

P:\buldozer.exe -noland -window

DLL folder has p:\

and Path for textures P:\

I've read through the other threads regarding external viewer issues and haven't spotted a related issue so if I missed something, sorry but can't find anything.

Thank you a head for any assistance!

B

PS I did manage to get it to work a month ago but then had a harddrive format and had to reinstall everything and things just aren't working as smooth as they used too.

Your Buldozer configuration is wrong, the result you have is normal. I invite you to take a look at the manual, 2.3 Buldozer configuration, take a look at the notes ;)

Ps: It just miss -buldozer in your command line option ;)

Thanks mate! Will make the changes tomorrow and confirm with you ;) Thanks for that link there too, giving it a good read :)

Thank you tom_48_97, works now!

I'm just having a look at your handy communityUpdater application. Just a quick question, I'm experiencing an "operation timed out" popup titled "Microsoft .NET framework. Below is the exception text.

I have the latest .net framework but could I be missing something else? Sorry I know this is unrelated to the main post I opened but then I saw you created this awesome application. Thanks for any assistance!

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)

at communty_updater.checkVersion.local()

at communty_updater.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hello guys, I have accidentally found a fix, for this problem, if you got to Arma 3 folder and open "steam_appid.txt" and copy the number then in Arma 3 tools folder their will also be a "steam_appid.txt" paste that number into the "steam_appid.txt" located in your Arma 3 tools folder and that should fix it.