Sign in to follow this  
Iczer

Unable to play multiplayer at all

Let me preface this by saying I've never had issues with my ISP, internet connection that stopped me from playing. Arma 3 is the only game that reports servers with 250+, usually 500+(if people are actually playing). If I can actually join a game without being kicked by battleye saying my ping is 1000, I can select a team and then just get kicked back to the server browser. I've tried some port forwarding I"ve googling for Arma 3, disabling firewall, disabling AV and re-verifying the integrity of my files. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I"m really hoping I didn't waste $60. Arma 2 ran fine for me..

Let me preface this by saying I've never had issues with my ISP, internet connection that stopped me from playing. Arma 3 is the only game that reports servers with 250+, usually 500+(if people are actually playing). If I can actually join a game without being kicked by battleye saying my ping is 1000, I can select a team and then just get kicked back to the server browser. I've tried some port forwarding I"ve googling for Arma 3, disabling firewall, disabling AV and re-verifying the integrity of my files. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I"m really hoping I didn't waste $60. Arma 2 ran fine for me..

Off the top of my head:

• maybe your router isn't forward ports correctly
  • you live so far away from anyone that you ping 1000+ to servers
  • you have torrents running, saturating your upload

where do you live?

I live in Kansas City, even US server lag me. No torrents running. But like I said I've done port forwarding many times before, I know I'm doing it correctly. I just did TCP/UDP 2300-2310 and 3202-3203. All of those I jsut saw someone mention on other forums.

Edited by Iczer

The problem is not with your computer or with your ISP, but with Steam's new Server Browser configs.

There are several ways to fix this:

1)

Regedit: (Best Result)

Open up your regedit by clicking start: "Regedit" then go to the following location:

HKEY-CURRENT-USER -> Software -> Valve -> Steam

Then create a new string value and name it "CafeRate"

The Value is set to 10 000 By steams default configurations, and can be set as low as 2000.

This will limit how many servers steam will ping per second to update, hence your ping being over 1000ms and being instantly kicked.

Try setting this to somewhere around 3000 or 4000 and work your way up until the issue occours again, and then select the last functional rate.

2)

Steam Settings: (Optional)

Go to your steam settings and select the "In-Game" tab, You will see a dropdown menu titled:

"In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute". Change this value around to a lower setting until your ping starts getting better.

You're welcome, let me know if any of this works ;)

Ok I tried that and I'm not sure if that's helped yet. It might have but I also tried joining a server and sitting at the team selection screen for a minute or two and my ping slowly dropped. I was able to download the server file MUCH faster but then as soon as I finished arma crashed. So I joined a few more servers and they're just kicking me back to the server browser after trying to connect..

Same issue here today, tried Byremo's settings, no change. Reset modem/router, went into router and checked settings, I don't see how any of them would cause an issue. Mostly stock other than putting in my own DNS server settings, and tweaks to WiFi channels. Can play other multiplayer games just fine.

A more precise explanation would be helpful. Does it immediately crash? Does it connect and let you into the server lobby? What does it say when it crashes? What actions do you take right before the crash or what action do you take after the crash? The more info the better, walk us through exactly.

Try updating drivers for your network interface controller. Had a similar issue and this fixed it.

It magically works again for me. Drivers all current.