Sign in to follow this  
evromalarkey

ASCZ A2 Community Map Fixes (for AIA TP/SA)

Guys - why not end this silly posting please.

Evro has agreed to the take-down request.

LordP you've proved you like to fight Forum wars.

everyone take a Chill please :)

Or you know what will happen; they'll just hand out infractions which none of us want or need.

P.s. anyone else spotted Iron Front 1944 is on deal ?? (see what I did there...)

Guys - why not end this silly posting please.

Evro has agreed to the take-down request.

... except this kind of request is abusive. This behaviour should not be encouraged.

... except this kind of request is abusive. This behaviour should not be encouraged.

Evro has agreed to take it down.

Its settled. Thank you for respecting the original author's requests.

Cheers.

CWR2 Team.

@serjames @colonel stagler well I didn't exactly agreed

Well, if this what's you want, I will respect that and remove it. But can you atleast answer to my remarks at previous pages?

It's there no chance that your team won't consider to allow this under certain conditions? After all it's only backward compatibility matter, no one is re-distributing your mod.

Since I have not done anything wrong, I wont remove it only from my good will. I'm very serious when comes to respecting people, so I want to show good will.

But no unless CWR team answers my remarks on previous pages and clarify their decision.

When I am told to remove something I want to know why.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

@serjames @colonel stagler well I didn't exactly agreed

Since I have not done anything wrong, I wont remove it only from my good will. I'm very serious when comes to respecting people, so I want to show good will.

But no unless CWR team answers my remarks on previous pages and clarify their decision.

When I am told to remove something I want to know why.

I will say again:

Our content is free and our authors make it freely in their own time. The same authors that produced the maps, have specified that they are not to be ported to ARMA 3 in any form. They are the originators of the product and their wishes are to be respected.

Just discovered the mini-shitstorm in here...

Eventhough I never played CWR2 mods, I'm extremely disappointed by the CWR team reaction.

Why would one prevent improved compatibility for a mod that is not going to be continued on Arma3 (but still usable in Arma3...)?:confused:

Colonel Stagler : you don't seem to pay attention to that detail, but nobody is porting your work; as you have been told several times by different people, Evro is merely creating a patch for the maps.

What exactly is forbidden in that?

LordP you've proved you like to fight Forum wars.

this makes me laugh... this is a war?? wow...

Glad I made you chuckle :)

Look I'm not trying to get involved.... honestly Mr. Peacemaker here.

If the guys don't want people publicising the way to get their maps into A3, that's their wishes however crazy it might seem to the rest of us...

Evro seems happy to respect their wishes can we not just drop it. Those that want to use the maps privately still can so no-one gets hurt ? :-)

If the guys don't want people publicising the way to get their maps into A3, that's their wishes however crazy it might seem to the rest of us...

Evro seems happy to respect their wishes can we not just drop it. Those that want to use the maps privately still can so no-one gets hurt ? :-)

You must see that the problem is not Evro doing things with his mod. It's about a split community.

I will say again:

Our content is free and our authors make it freely in their own time. The same authors that produced the maps, have specified that they are not to be ported to ARMA 3 in any form. They are the originators of the product and their wishes are to be respected.

Ok, fine. I was trying to be reasonable, but it seems I will not get anything else from you. I'm very disappointed that you (or CWR team) see it this way, but I will respect it and I will remove the config in the next update.

But let me remind you that CWR2 maps are based on the maps from OFP and original authors of these maps are Czech people and Bohemia Interactive. And you should also respect that, it's quite arrogant from you to declare such demands, that these maps are no one but yours and can not be used in the BI game in any form. Let's be honest, most of CWR team is hating BI and A3, but you shouldn't drag this hatred into the community. After all, all of your work was done for the community :)

This is my opinion on this. By the way, I also did all of this in my own free time, even this discussion. And I'm not exactly happy of it.

And you should probably bother also PWS team, because CWR2 is listed under backward compatibility list when you use All In Arma.

Cheers.

Its this kinda crap in the community that disappoints me. I can understand this reaction if evro re-released the maps with his changes in place so that they work in A3 but all he did was make a config patch that makes them work better (they already work in AIA).

It's absolutely absurd that people can dictate who can make independent config mods

Ok, fine. I was trying to be reasonable, but it seems I will not get anything else from you. I'm very disappointed that you see it this way, but I will respect it and I will remove the config in the next update.

But let me remind you that CWR2 maps are based on the maps from OFP and original authors of these maps are Czech people and Bohemia Interactive. And you should also respect that, it's quite arrogant from you to declare such demands, that these maps are no one but yours and can not be used in the BI game in any form. Let's be honest, most of CWR team is hating BI and A3, but you shouldn't drag this hatred into the community. After all, all of your work was done for the community :)

This is my opinion on this. By the way, I also did all of this in my own free time, even this discussion. And I'm not exactly happy of it.

And you should probably bother also PWS team, because CWR2 is listed under backward compatibility list when you use All In Arma.

Cheers.

Thanks Evro.

I am glad we can bring this to a close.

I will be looking into the PWS team. As an anecdote, our opinions of BI and A3 are not ungrounded, and are ours to hold because of how we percieve to have been treated in the past. As is the right to publicly advertise, collaborate with other mod teams, or liscence our content, as we see fit.

Thank you.

Just read this older posting:

We all spoke about this last night on Skype - we want it gone.

We eagerly await EvroMalarkey's reply, and will take appropriate action otherwise.

You threaten a friendly mod maker, who does not do things for money. My protest. I fully support EvroMalarkey and I'd even support him if he kept his mod as it is. Period.

It's absolutely absurd that people can dictate who can make independent config mods

You can't dictate anything. Even if Altis Life people with multi million $ donation earnings would use my poor mod code without asking, I'd probably handle it like a man.

As an anecdote, our opinions of BI and A3 are not ungrounded, and are ours to hold because of how we percieve to have been treated in the past.

I feel sorry for you. Write a book about it.

Edited by tortuosit

I guess noone can use CWR2 in multiplayer because A2 mp is steam now, or have they ditched their anti-steam agenda and made it a anti-a3 one?

AFAIK, CWR2 is compatible with the latest version of A2OA, including the steam version.

At CWR2, we dont ask for any sympathy, or feel any need to write a book. It is our right to distrubute our content, to publicly advertise our content, liscence our content, and collaborate with other mod teams as we see fit. CWR 2 EULA states that no assets are to be made compatible, or ported, or have gone through any such inclusion process into ARMA 3, under any circumstances. That is, as the originators of the product, our liscence and our right to uphold it.

Permission should be sought with the originator (which it was not in this case) before any release regarding our content is made by another party.

Thank you.

At CWR2, we dont ask for any sympathy

I agree with you: I wouldn't ask obsolete questions as well.

AFAIK, CWR2 is compatible with the latest version of A2OA, including the steam version.

At CWR2, we dont ask for any sympathy, or feel any need to write a book. It is our right to distrubute our content, to publicly advertise our content, liscence our content, and collaborate with other mod teams as we see fit. CWR 2 EULA states that no assets are to be made compatible, or ported, or have gone through any such inclusion process into ARMA 3, under any circumstances. That is, as the originators of the product, our liscence and our right to uphold it.

Permission should be sought with the originator (which it was not in this case) before any release regarding our content is made by another party.

Thank you.

Sue BiS then ! It's their work that made "your" map compatible with A3. Your EULA is void because you can't dictacte to BiS what they do with their own IP/product.

Version 1.3.1 released, 1 config removed, 1 new config added

Download:

Google Drive

Changelog:

- fixed random roads in Caribou config

- 1 config removed due request by CWR team - CWR2 Islands - Everon, Malden, Kolgujev, Nogova

- 1 new config added - Everon, Malden, Kolgujev, Nogova

Everon

- @everon_2010 - Armaholic, Play WithSIX

- Issues: none

Malden

- @malden_2010 - Armaholic, Play WithSIX

Kolgujev

- @kolgujev_2010 - Armaholic, Play WithSIX

Nogova

- @nogova_2010- Armaholic, Play WithSIX

- Issues: missing object pmc\ags_build\kw3.pd3; missing object pmc\ags_build\kw2.pd3

So after request from CWR team I decided remove my config for CWR2 Islands, because CWR team doesn't allow using their content in Arma 3 under any circumstances. But worry not, I decided to made config for more Arma 2 maps which are backward compatible with All in Arma in Arma 3 and this time it's Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova by Hotzenplotz. This config only adds sattelite pictures, Arma 3 style intros and grass.

My old config with my own code will be still available for anyone on my GitHub, so you can binarize it and use it for your personal use. But be aware of that, CWR team strictly prohibit you to use this config with their mod in Arma3! First post will be updated.

[table=width: 1200]

[tr]

[td]4eqjSgr.jpg[/td]

[td]gA0yEHg.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Edited by EvroMalarkey

So after request from CWR team I decided remove my config for CWR2 Islands, because CWR team doesn't allow using their content in Arma 3 under any circumstances. But worry not, I decided to made config for more Arma 2 maps which are backward compatible with All in Arma in Arma 3 and this time it's Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova by Hotzenplotz. This config only adds sattelite pictures, Arma 3 style intros and grass.

Are they different at all ? Do you mean those guys (CWR2) were telling us not to use maps they borrowed from other sources than their own work... :j:

@1212PDMCDMPPM Hotzenplotz versions may be little worse than CWR2 versions, but not bad and at least some alternative. Hotzenplotz also did 2014 version of Everon for Arma 3, check here.

For these who already got the config or these who want to use CWR2 in Arma 3, hear this. I really do not recommend to use CWR2 maps in Arma 3 alongside All In Arma and my config, it's all working and looking great. But you know, prohibited by CWR team.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Thanks Evro.

I am glad we can bring this to a close.

I will be looking into the PWS team. As an anecdote, our opinions of BI and A3 are not ungrounded, and are ours to hold because of how we percieve to have been treated in the past. As is the right to publicly advertise, collaborate with other mod teams, or liscence our content, as we see fit.

Thank you.

If EvroMalarkey deletes the config file i will reupload it back. You have no rights to ask such thing.

Stay mad.

It's a config file which is independant from your shit. Just like Hopecore with Blastcore, which is present on Steam and can't be deleted by anyone for any reasons whatsoever. The same concept should apply to this config file.

Guess the CWR2 team...

Has fallen from grace...