Sign in to follow this  
evromalarkey

ASCZ A2 Community Map Fixes (for AIA TP/SA)

GREAT Work, Evro! With this fixes+CWR2 maps+EastvsWest mod we can have OPF missions remade for A3 - nostalgia all the way ;D

cheers!

Hey mate,

I've got random roads all over Caribou when using the mod.

Could you or someone else confirm this?

Thanks!

Erm.

Evro.

I do believe that the CWR2 licence says that none of its property is to be ported to ARMA 3.

As representative of the mod on here.

I politely ask you to remove this.

Cheers.

hello colonel, i do believe this has been discussed before between other people.... he is not porting anything... he is making a config that allows people to use the map in arma 3... the map/mod is untouched, and there fore is not PORTED ... a Port actually involves opening the .pbo and changing the configs in the mod itself.. so yea ...

Edited by Lordprimate

hello colonel, i do believe this has been discussed before between other people.... he is not porting anything... he is making a config that allows people to use the map in arma 3... the map/mod is untouched, and there fore is not PORTED ... a Port actually involves opening the .pbo and changing the configs in the mod itself.. so yea ...

Discussed, but not by anyone from CWR2.

We all spoke about this last night on Skype - we want it gone.

We eagerly await EvroMalarkey's reply, and will take appropriate action otherwise.

Cheers.

@LAxemann weird, will check that and fix

@colonel stagler I'm sad to hear that. Basically as Lordprimate said I have not port anything, I only did backward compatibility config, which doesn't contain any of the cwr2 code, except few class names.

It depends on what do you imagine under word "port", because I only pointed out that CWR2 maps are backward compatible with All In Arma in Arma 3 and made additional config, which adds satellite images, intros and minor additions.

I understand and respect that your team doesn't want to port CWR2 into Arma 3 or anyone else port it as mod in Arma 3, but you can't expect from people to don't use your content alongside with backward compatible Arma 2 content in Arma 3.

So what exactly do you expect of me? You want from me to delete the config and stop saying that these maps are backward compatible with All In Arma in Arma 3?

@stagler, hmmm, i was not referring directly to this subject... this general subject of Config'ing someones mod into arma 3 has been brought up before between others... from what i gathered from the previous argument was that the moderators didnt do anything because the mod didnt break any rules...

just going of observation, first you mentioned licensing conflicts lets address that first.. because as a general community member im curious about these licensing issues...

some random dude posted a "fixed" version of opticalsnare's "blastcore".. this was blastcore, with fixes in it... then after getting a shit ton of flack (because he took blastcore and opened it up and changed the original files packed it back up and redistrbuted it)..... the guy changes the mod so that it is a config patch that again, fixes blastcore. but its not blastcore itself...

and this was perfectly ok...

based on the fact, "again" that this is not a port of your mod.. therefore it doesnt break any rules... therefore you really dont have any place to say... because they didnt port it... I mean seriously guys how high and mighty can you possibly be?? " we want it gone" lol ill be sure to keep this version tucked away and download your maps for some fun in ARMA 3 .. because I wanna...

Edited by Lordprimate

IIRC, the same thing happened with Aggressors. In the end, the guy release a separate addon to fix/update the pack to respect the rules. Colonel stagler, I'm sorry but the only solution you have is to ask BiS to break the backward compatibility between A2 maps and A3, something I'm not sure they'll want to do.

i'll be sure to keep this version tucked away and download your maps for some fun in ARMA 3 .. because I wanna...

Wow. Way to disrespect guys that have put more time into creating this mod then you've been alive. Did you ever stop to think maybe they don't want anyone else porting( config or otherwise) their stuff because they are sticklers for errors. And only want to produce the best quality of products. Configging things for a3 that are not ready for a3 can produce unwanted results and errors. And if your after quality not quantity,well then , think about it. Oh wait you didn't....

Edited by M1lkm8n

lol because you know how long i have been alive... my hats off to you milk man... have a good day. this community can be such a joke.. you have people doing the wrong thing they get bitched at accordingly... you have people doing the right thing... still they get bitched at... Milk man my point still stands... There is no porting here.... and if the mod makers were "sticklers for errors" then they should probably clean up the errors in their maps then shouldn't they..... and put less focus on people that are "Not" Porting their works....

hmm, lets look at this another way Milk. All in ArMA allows you to use these maps already..... so are you going to go and have the All in ARMA team create some elaborate scheme to disable the ability to use certain maps..?? good luck...

all this mod does is add some details that are missing threw a complete separate config file....

Edited by Lordprimate

To be clear, my intention is really not to disrespect someone. I love CWR2 and really enjoyed it in Arma 2, because Operation Flashpoint is heart matter for me. Maybe I don't agree with CWR team, but I respect their decision not to continue with their mod in Arma 3.

Their decision was quite explained on armaholic and it's understandable, but let me quote something.

From the perspective of an addon maker, this is adding yet more layers of complexity which requires even more time and effort. Currently, we have only one guy in the team who is able to do all that work. How much work the terrains will be no one can tell.

Well after releasing Arma 2 content in Arma 3 with All In Arma, there is not much work to do. CWR2 Islands are completly compatible and without bugs and errors and look amazing in Arma 3. Yes there needed to be added few lines in my config to make it perfect and without crashes, but it's working great and that's because these islands were produced with the best quality.

So what exactly is the problem here? As I said earlier, it's not ported, only backward compatible. From my perspective I would be glad that at least the terrains are backward compatible with Arma 3.

Now I eagerly await your reply colonel stagler, because this matter is quite silly. I have not done anything wrong and you threaten me with appropriate action? I hope we can sort this out eventually and come with reasonable solution.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

We eagerly await EvroMalarkey's reply, and will take appropriate action otherwise.

Ah, the CWR team (especially one guy). Let me guess: The old hatred about ArmA 3, BIS, the universe and the Gesamtsituation?

Edited by tortuosit

Discussed, but not by anyone from CWR2.

Cheers.

Allow me to translate: "Sorry, community, we don't give a single F about you. Cry us a river."

You make me glad I never supported the mod anyhow.

Such behavior makes me want to vomit. Can you prove anyhow you're not just shafting the community?

Well played, sir.

Edited by Serza

Wow. Way to disrespect guys that have put more time into creating this mod then you've been alive.

It sucks how people tend to write pathetic things like "respect" when it comes to the CWR team. Every mod maker should be well aware that people use their -open!- stuff privately in whatever way they want. Maybe even the guys from Breaking Point Mod know that. There's no room for respect or morale categories. They shouldn't release anything then. If LordPrimate uses CWR maps in his home, it is perfectly fine, if developers disagree they should not make mods or ask BIS for DRM.

Edited by tortuosit

Wow. When did this community become overrun with people acting like children. Do you guys listen to yourselves before you "vomit" out whatever is in your mind at the time.

They asked to not port forward any of their work , config or otherwise, so what is the issue here about not respecting that. You don't know that an a3 port isn't in the works. Everything is speculation. But out of respect I would stop this nonsense now. They asked you to stop.

There's always room for respect and morale... I see it's obvious those categories are lacking here

Edited by M1lkm8n

My opinion: Evro should remove fixes, because they (CWR) asked for it. Irrelevant if out of respect or out of anything else. Just because they asked for it. Because Evro is a multiplicator as a mod maker.

But if people do things in their homes, like LordPrimate -who says he will use CWR maps (and usually people just do not talk about) nobody should behave like a holy white knight.

"Oh, the CWR map is on my computer, but I won't use it in A3, out of respect, god will reward me one day".

There's always room for respect and morale... I see it's obvious those categories are lacking here

Maybe. Example for at least bad manners:

Wow. When did this community become overrun with children.
Edited by tortuosit

milkm8n your too funny... please if you can anser these directly

1) Do know that you can use those maps with "all in arma" with arma 3 alone with out this mod from EVRO?? yes/no

2) Did anything get said to the dev's of AiA, for allowing these maps to be used threw their mod??

3) Do you plan on posting your arguement in the AiA thread to have them script out the ability to run these maps???

thanks for your time.

Further more CWR team didnt ask him... one person posted publicly and demanded it be removed.... as per the fact that CWR team said that its not to be ported..

The fact is its not a port. these maps are already available to play in ARMA 3 using the AIA TP..... On top of that they post an idol threat in public about some sort of "appropriate action" before the mod maker can even reply...

If CWR team were Adults, Milk as you so boldly do to say we all are not..... then they would have contacted Evro threw Private F'n Message.. and not publicly insulted the man/woman's intelligence with their demands.... You claim i disrespect the CWR team... Please milk... look at what they did, demand something be changed because "they want it to be so".. If they have a problem as adults they privately message Evro say hey we have an issue with this ... Evro and them have a Convo on skype... blah blah blah .. but no they made it public, so the public ran with it... so dont get all high and mighty like them ... remember what goes up must come down... And, I like bowling...

Edited by Lordprimate

"overrun with children": stupid remark.

My opinion: Evro should remove fixes, because they (CWR) asked for it. Irrelevant if out of respect or out of anything else. Just because they asked for it. Because Evro is a multiplicator as a mod maker.

But if people do things in their homes, like LordPrimate -who says he will use CWR maps (and usually people just do not talk about) nobody should behave like a holy white knight.

"Oh, the CWR map is on my computer, but I won't use it in A3, out of respect, god will reward me one day".

Yes.

Private usage is one thing, but public advertisement and distribution of CWR 2 content is something we do not agree to.

Evro, could you please remove all CWR2 configs from your mod.

Allow me to translate: "Sorry, community, we don't give a single F about you. Cry us a river."

You make me glad I never supported the mod anyhow.

Such behavior makes me want to vomit. Can you prove anyhow you're not just shafting the community?

Well played, sir.

Shafting the community? You joined in 2013. What do you know about the community?

Most of the ARMA 3 community (yourself included) is not aware of our mod, nor do we require their support. We do not take donation or funds. We support ourselves through our love of our creations and the enjoyment we take out of playing the mod ourselves.

Our content is free and our authors make it freely in their own time. The same authors that produced the maps, have specified that they are not to be ported to ARMA 3 in any form. They are the originators of the product and their wishes are to be respected.

Our members are not present on these forums, besides myself, I took the appropriate course of action to contant Evro on here, as agreed by the mod team to address this issue.

Edited by colonel stagler

Stagler nice edit i saw what you originally posted though

The funny thing is though how is joining this forum indicitave of joining the ARMA community.... Once you pick up the game and start playing, your opening the door to the community, once you get out there and play with other people your in the community..

You literally just proved your intelligence with that comment. How can you honestly know when this particular person started playing arma... You dont have a fucking clue.. Being that your original comment wast that you dont care about his Serza's opinion because he just join the community in 2013, as being his opinion is irrelevant... your words not mine you just edited them before anyone else saw them...I like how you turned it around it to some sob story, and some Public relations event. Evro, posted the exact comment below, thank you Evro..

This issue, should have been taken care of in PM... Personaly opinions like mine are what your going to hear when you make such demands, expecially when there are no rules being broken... This is just a matter of respect... Im sure Milk wouldn't bat an eye to bleive me, however, had this been posted in a few days as an update, IE changelog removed compatability tweeks for CWR maps upon request. ... simple, clean... no demands... no E cock showing... I would have cared less..

Because lets face it you walk in to a thread demanding things your pretty much just showing your ass.. and if people just bend over and take it... well that just means they have no back bone... Evro stood up, he didnt bend... i like his attitude...

Edited by Lordprimate

Stagler nice edit i saw what you originally posted though

The funny thing is though how is joining this forum indicitave of joining the ARMA community.... Once you pick up the game and start playing, your opening the door to the community, once you get out there and play with other people your in the community..

You literally just proved your intelligence with that comment. How can you honestly know when this particular person started playing arma... You dont have a fucking clue.. Being that your original comment wast that you dont care about his Serza's opinion because he just join the community in 2013, as being his opinion is irrelevant... your words not mine you just edited them before anyone else saw them....

Let's not play the pre-edited text game. We all have pressed "Post" on a topic we have a personal opinion on, then realized we want to rephrase it. Treat it as it is, not as it was.

Anyhow, it boils down to:

Can the terrain from CWR be used without the CWR mod itself? Yes

Can the terrain from CWR be used in ArmA 3 without these particular fixes? Yes

Does removing these fixes in any way allow you to restrict your content from being used in ArmA 3? No

Do these fixes in any way hurt you? No

No offense, pal, but fighting windmills here...

Shafting the community? You joined in 2013. What do you know about the community?

Most of the ARMA 3 community (yourself included) is not aware of our mod, nor do we require their support. We do not take donation or funds. We support ourselves through our love of our creations and the enjoyment we take out of playing the mod ourselves.

Our content is free and our authors make it freely in their own time. The same authors that produced the maps, have specified that they are not to be ported to ARMA 3 in any form. They are the originators of the product and their wishes are to be respected.

Our members are not present on these forums, besides myself, I took the appropriate course of action to contant Evro on here, as agreed by the mod team to address this issue.

Oh. You're suggesting I did not pre-order all of the games since way back and Armed Assault.

How cute.

There's joining the ArmA community on fansites, and actively playing...

And THEN, somewhere down deep on the list, there's maybe something about being a member on Bohemia's forums, and arguing with people like you.

ArmA: Armed Assault was released back in 2006. So, allow me to ask right back: What do you know about the community, if you joined in 2009?

2009 is the year ArmA 2 was released. Well played indeed.

Private usage is one thing, but public advertisement and distribution of CWR 2 content is something we do not agree to.

Evro, could you please remove all CWR2 configs from your mod.

Well, if this what's you want, I will respect that and remove it. But can you atleast answer to my remarks at previous pages?

It's there no chance that your team won't consider to allow this under certain conditions? After all it's only backward compatibility matter, no one is re-distributing your mod.

Shafting the community? You joined in 2013. I dont count you as part of the arma community therefore your views are irrelevant.

I don't know how you can judge someone on date of joining the forum, I joined the forum also in 2013 and I'm playing the games from OFP times with Czech communities.

My apologize. I should have stated " people acting like children"

Lord.

1) yes

2)aia was created for bis terrains which he has permission to do. Not individual user made terrains. The fact that some work is a side effect.

3) not my concern.

Now bowl away my friend. I'm all ears

The original CWR2 maps haven't been ported (or altered in any way).

AiA improves ArmA 3's backward compatibility with ArmA 2. Evro's mod further extends that to improve compatibility for specific ArmA 2 content but by modifying ArmA 3's configuration, not by modifying content belonging to anybody else. I honestly don't think the CWR2 team's copyrights extend as far as dictating what modifications Evro or anyone else might make to ArmA 3.