Sign in to follow this  
Stekelenburg

Altis Airshow 2014

Hello everyone!

Somewhere down 2014, there will be an airshow at the main Altis Airfield. There will be displays of jets, heli's, insertions and many more.

To do

- Make an Airshow template for the main Altis Airfield

- Reskin some of the jets and heli's

- Make 1 big folder for the Airshow with addons and other stuff

- Make a big server

- 15/20 pilots

- Mission makers

- Modders

- Scripters

Shows

Yankee Display Team

1. L-159 (Airshow Colours): Free

2. L-159: Michael ''Steck'' Stekelenburg

3. L-159: Free

4. L-159: Free

5. L-159: Free

L-159 Solo Display

1. L-159 (Airshow Colours): Free

Blackfoot Solo Display

1. RAH-66 (Airshow Colours) Pilot: [AW] Sweet

1. RAH-66 (Airshow Colours) Gunner:

Air Power Demo

1. L-159: Michael ''Steck'' Stekelenburg

2. L-159: Free

3. L-159: Free

4. L-159: Free

5. RAH-66 Pilot: [AW] Sweet

5. RAH-66 Gunner:

6. RAH-66 Pilot: Free

6. RAH-66 Gunner: Free

7. UH-60X: Free

8. CH-47X: Free

9. C-130J: Free

10. Troops: Free (Need clan for this)

CAS Demo

1. A-10X: Tristen2NT

Dogfight Demo

1. L-159: Micheal ''Steck'' Stekelenburg

2. Yak-130: TheFloatingCheese

F-15 Demo

1. F-15 (Airshow colours): DreamRebel

Static show

Many more coming soon!

Special Thanks

- BusterBlade (Textures)

- RedPhoenix (Textures)

Send me a PM if you want to join the project!

There will be a lot of preparations, be patience

Edited by Stekelenburg

Very cool idea!! I'd like to fly some loopings haha or film it from the ground :D What kind of modders do you need? Maybe I can help :)

I think Air Show smoke on the jets would be very, very cool! Maybe we also need addons because the lack of different heli's, jets and no transport aircraft. Then we should make 1 big folder of all the addons, so it's easy to download for everyone. And it will be nice to have 1 side faction with everything we need for the Airshow.

Edit

It would be cool to make an Airshow mod

- Retextured L-159 (A-143) with Airshow smoke and maybe an Afterburner script?

- Airshow template of the main Altis Airport

- Advanced pilot units

- Maybe a collection of other aircraft addons (F/A 18, C-130J, Chinook etc.)

- Many more

Edited by Stekelenburg

I'll look at the retexture of the L-159 and the smoke...maybe the afterburner too. What kind of texture do you want?

A cool idea would be to have entire groups show their insertion tactics or whatever at the airshow :D

I'll look into making the retexture right after I got home from my vacation...6 days I guess ;) The second will be very difficult (at least for me :P ) but I'll try it :)

EDIT: I think a more neutral airshow texture would be better (this one is from the netherlands right?). Maybe a black one with flames on it or something like this...

Edited by BusterBlader

Sounds like fun,

when you have a solide date let me know, i might be able to do a CH-47 demo (Depending if the new FM will be out)

I'll look into making the retexture right after I got home from my vacation...6 days I guess ;) The second will be very difficult (at least for me :P ) but I'll try it :)

EDIT: I think a more neutral airshow texture would be better (this one is from the netherlands right?). Maybe a black one with flames on it or something like this...

Yeah, maybe you're right. If someone has good ideas for the texture, let me know!

[AW] Sweet, I'm thinking about an insertion demo with Chinooks, Jets and Attack Helicopters. If you like, you can join!

Is it ok if I use the A2 L159 Texture (Czech signs removed) for the grey retexture?

Sure, that's no problem

I maybe got a good idea for the Airshow texture of the L-195. What about the NATO flag? A blue L-159 with on the bottom and top the NATO logo star thingy

That's a good idea :) A CSAT Version or even AAF Version would be cool too

Well, there already is AAF version (A-143) and CSAT is like the enemy of the NATO. But if you wanna do AAF and CSAT too, I don't stop you!

Sounds good, would love to join in. May I use my own retextures? (I'm using an F-15/C Eagle)

By the way, you can use my reskin template to create some jet textures! ;)

I mean a version with the AAF Flag on it. Maybe other people can tell their wishes for textures? Maybe also for other vehicles.

Well, look. The whole idea around the L-159 texture thing is to use it for the actual Airshow and put it in a special mod pack for the Airshow. Of course you can make textures for other vehicles and stuff, but that's probably not gonna get used in the Airshow. So it's a bit off topic here.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Sounds good, would love to join in. May I use my own retextures? (I'm using an F-15/C Eagle)

By the way, you can use my reskin template to create some jet textures! ;)

Yeah you may use your own retextures for the F-15. But if you want to fly the F-15 at the airshow, I only need Dezkit's permission. Cause all the mods and retextures for the Airshow will be in 1 big file and other people have to download that

I meant other vehicles like Comanche because they need an airshow texture too don't they?

Oh yeah sure, would be awsome

how do you see the AH-66 Solo display?

Should it be an Airshow in the likes of the AH-64D RNALF?

Sweet;2757117']how do you see the AH-66 Solo display?

Should it be an Airshow in the likes of the AH-64D RNALF?

Yes, but it doesn't need to be a exact copy. But yeah, a lot of action, flares and crazy stuff!

Hallo everyone, I just want to let you know I'm very busy with school and music for a festival on 10 September. So I won't be playing ArmA 3 much and won't be very active on the forum. About the Airshow, we need a lot more pilots and people to organize it. I can't do it alone and it would be nice if someone could help me with that. But first we need pilots. If we got that, we can move on to a date, server etc.

Ohhhh I have some fantastic news for you!

I have several texture files and vector files for nearly ALL L-39 versions (Breitling Team, Biele Albatrosy, some civil L-39)

Just hit me with a PM if you want my help!

Also, I have a script to create smoke trails. If you want it I can send it over to you and with a little magic of my coding friend Lappihuan you should be able to use this.

I could also fly whatever you want me to. Very skilled pilot :)

Hey RedPhoenix,

It would be really cool if you could send me the texture files and the smoke trail Script because I'm having serious problems with doing the airshow texture for the L-39 as I'm more of a modeller and configger than a texturer.

Thanks in advance

Hook up with me on skype and we chat a little.

First tests:

unbenannt-106k7e.jpg

Edited by RedPhoenix