frostwyrm333

Moral Fiber - failed help

I'm replaying the campaign and using development version, after I destroy the tank in Moral Fiber, I'm supposed to clear the fortification, but approximately 2 minutes after I clear it, the mission ends up in failure and says that I didn't follow the orders.

Is this a bug or am I just supposed to restart the mission? Thx for help.

I'm playing in current stable build, and mission failed in Help Squad task as we are about to attack cemetery. We disembark from car, then mission fails, right after autosave, saying that I didn't follow orders. What orders? No way I could have done anything differently. On replay, I boarded car in Help Task, but car was stuck on tree/bush and wouldn't move. I couldn't get out of car. Argh. Guess I'll have to restart again. Immersion has been ruined, to say the least.

Edit: I made it through eventually, but it was a little buggy. After restarting two more times, and destroying the tank with arty, my medic got stuck and wouldn't move. But then I eliminated the last AAF guy around and the mission ended successfully.

Edited by OMAC

I had same issue, and noticed mission failure message appears soon after explosion around immobilized Hunter.

My wild guess is it's timer after which friendly infantry is killed by explosion, supposely shell fired from immobilized Kuma (seriously, using these made up names still feels weird). The issue is, it happens even after tank is killed (bugged condition?). Another note, once explosion happened after checkpoint was cleared (like a second later), but didn't result in Mission Failed message, probably because achieving primary objective disables failure contition.

I'm playing in current stable build, and mission failed in Help Squad task as we are about to attack cemetery. We disembark from car, then mission fails, right after autosave, saying that I didn't follow orders. What orders? No way I could have done anything differently. On replay, I boarded car in Help Task, but car was stuck on tree/bush and wouldn't move. I couldn't get out of car. Argh. Guess I'll have to restart again. Immersion has been ruined, to say the least.

Edit: I made it through eventually, but it was a little buggy. After restarting two more times, and destroying the tank with arty, my medic got stuck and wouldn't move. But then I eliminated the last AAF guy around and the mission ended successfully.

I'm getting same issue. I tried replaying at the "help squad task" and it keeps getting a mission fail after getting out of car. Please, anyone, how do you get past this bug? I tried numerous times to revert/start over to no avail. Thanks in advance!

M:j:

I just replayed using 1.40 stable, and didn't have the problem this time. Is your game up to date?

Thank you OMAC! Tried reverting and played mission again and works fine! Almost gave up on campaign... Thanks again!!! - Mangor

After I destroy the tank in Moral Fiber, I'm supposed to clear the fortification, but approximately 2 minutes after I clear it, the mission ends up in failure and says that I didn't follow the orders. Is this a bug or am I just supposed to restart the mission?
According to the bugtracker, this mission turns out to be as glitchy as hell, and if that alone was not enough, it also has its debriefing texts messed up, so “You did not follow your orders†may actually mean anything else.

Regarding this particular issue, developers disclosed that there is a hidden timer set on 360 seconds that limits the execution of “Secure enemy position†task, which does not stop after the tank is destroyed. Moreover, I am afraid it starts when you first see the tank — not when you blow it. So this appears to be another crazy mission design as in “Within reachâ€, when the game tells you to go stealth, but the time is so strict that even Rambo style will not guarantee you success; in the current mission, however, the game not only keeps you from knowing you are short on time when giving you orders, but also does not give you any hint on what was the reason to consider the mission failed. This looks even more absurd when all friendly troops and APCs gather on the objective and pretty well satisfy for a “Seized by†trigger, but there is still an enemy soldier hiding behind distant buildings. So, despite developers instruct to disable all mods, I was able to complete the mission only with the help of “Support Call†addon by detecting each enemy's position.

As for other glitches during earlier parts of the mission, “You did not follow your orders†is usually triggered by going too far away from your team leader — not concisely, of course, but because either his car or yours stucks in rocks or vegetation, or because he chooses wrong path along obstacles in cemetery. Developers swear they fixed it (and then yet another time on each new ticket), but for vanilla AI only, — any AI-alterming mod (like “bCombatâ€) should be disabled. Otherwise, the mantra is as always — update / restart / revert / etc — however, taking into account how many bugs are there in that mission, I would not recommend to blindly restart the mission if you already made much progress, because chances are very high that you will face an impassable glitch in earlier tasks.

Curiously, after reading that the mission fails because the protagonist does not follow his leader, I spent much time trying to be as close as possible to him when he arrives at the objective that must be secured, which was difficult due to his marker “Follow†appears on map only and not on HUD even on easy settings. Meanwhile, the game was expecting me not sticking with the leader and keeping him secure, but to run in circles throughout the city eliminating each and any enemy soldier. Why making task description more specific was not an option for developers, is way beyond my understanding.

I'm replaying the campaign and using development version, after I destroy the tank in Moral Fiber, I'm supposed to clear the fortification, but approximately 2 minutes after I clear it, the mission ends up in failure and says that I didn't follow the orders.

Is this a bug or am I just supposed to restart the mission? Thx for help.

Same happened for me. Tank is gone, approx. 2 minutes and mission fails.

It seemed to me that I could extend that time a bit by following around the team leader I had to follow firsthand, but in the end the mission always fails.

Oh, of course I have the most current version. Downloaded it off Steam a couple of days ago.

edit: solved it!

Just go looking for the last opponent. For me he was in between the houses one road up from the tank (to the right of it if you look at the tank from the checkpoint). He was hiding behind a bush and not moving. Kill him and the mission finishes. If you run out of time quickly (for me it was around 30 seconds) first think of a search pattern, then reload and use the pattern until you find him.

Edited by specialsymbol
solved it

Hi i'm playing campaign for the first time, in this mission after the first firefight with AAF we proceed to clear the warehous but the trigger at warehouse never activates and the APC's stay at the place of first firefight forever. Is there a way out of this so that i can get to the next bugs described in this topic?

10 hours ago, Shift said:

Hi i'm playing campaign for the first time, in this mission after the first firefight with AAF we proceed to clear the warehous but the trigger at warehouse never activates and the APC's stay at the place of first firefight forever. Is there a way out of this so that i can get to the next bugs described in this topic?

Same here!!!

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and now i am at this mission.. but stuck due to this bug! After clearing the building, the trigger never activates and mission does not go on. Soldiers just sit and wait and nothing happens.

I also tried to restart the mission from the beginning, but nothing changed. No way to move on after clearing the warehouse.

Please Bohemia fix this. It is not fair that we cannot move on and finish the campaign!

17 hours ago, Skynetxp said:

Same here!!!

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and now i am at this mission.. but stuck due to this bug! After clearing the building, the trigger never activates and mission does not go on. Soldiers just sit and wait and nothing happens.

I also tried to restart the mission from the beginning, but nothing changed. No way to move on after clearing the warehouse.

Please Bohemia fix this. It is not fair that we cannot move on and finish the campaign!

I also tried different things, i think the trigger doesnt activate because the APC's and cars stay at the point of first firefight, when they should arrive at the warehouse too. I tried damaging the APC's and cars and when i damage them they seem to start moving and going further down the road but the mission fails due to friendly fire. I think maybe they were supposed to be damaged somehow during the first firefight but for some reason that fails to happen. Just a wild guess.

There were some fixes for this mission in 1.68:

• Fixed: Vehicles would move incorrectly in the Moral Fiber scenario
  • Fixed: There was no 3D task indicator for getting in a vehicle in the Moral Fiber scenario
  • Like 1

My Game is Updated on 1.68 but I still have the issue, that the vehicles wouldn't move and the trigger doesn't activated. I don't know what to do xD

2 hours ago, Sdall said:

My Game is Updated on 1.68 but I still have the issue, that the vehicles wouldn't move and the trigger doesn't activated. I don't know what to do xD

Same to be honest with you guys.

You playing in vanilla?

Edit:

same for me.

1.68, stable, vanilla

• Like 1

I have the same issue in 1.68 during the mission "Moral Fiber". When I move up to the warehouse with my team the APC crew just opens their hatches and stay where they are. After clearing the warehouse the team leader says "All Clear" and nothing happens after that... 

EDIT: I have recently bought Arma 3 and haven't installed any mods (Zeus and Karts are installed). @wiki

20 hours ago, wiki said:

You playing in vanilla?

Edit:

same for me.

1.68, stable, vanilla

Yes i have vanilla arma 3 with all the dlc

The mission is indeed broken in 1.68.  Same problem occurred on two separate replays.  I updated the ticket.

6 hours ago, Sdall said:

It's working now :D

Good to know, good to go. :-)

Get some! ;-)

My mission now works as it should too. As always i accidentally wondered into Pyrgos and killed every greenback and vehicle before triggering the waypoint at the cemetary so after i triggered it mission was complete in seconds ._.