bangabob

Drag Dead Body Script

Very very cool!

Been waiting a long time for a script like this.

I have some testing to do today, but this little gem is going to get some love too.

I've added the script the my mission and tested it on Dedi with other players. We get no actions. I'm not using it on spawned AI at the moment so that aspect has not been tested on Dedi. More important is to have the actions on player bodies at the moment. Also not getting any errors so its hard to trace the problem.

I managed to get an error after restarting Dedi server. Error was client side. No error reported server side. Does not happen when JIP.

Error in expression < > 15};};

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 = H8_dragUnitArray spawn H8_fnc_Action;
};>
 Error position: <H8_dragUnitArray spawn H8_fnc_Action;
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: h8_dragunitarray
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\scripts\H8_dragBody.sqf, line 196

Edited by Jigsor

i would love to us ethis script but cannot get it to run on only a few units, tried everything i can think of.

I've added the script the my mission and tested it on Dedi with other players. We get no actions.

Same here. Latest version. Works fine from editor preview but not on dedicated, no actions at all. I'm attaching it to spawned units using the following code depending on the units:

(my mission has the script in a scripts folder)

_null = allUnits execVM "scripts\H8_dragBody.sqf";

0 = [_unit] spawn H8_addDrag;

"O_Soldier_AA_F" createUnit [_randomPos, _spawnGroup,"0 = [this] spawn H8_addDrag;"];

Also a few things I've noticed after some quick debugging:

Client side debug console output after a few hours:

Command:

diag_log format ["%1: console -> H8_dragUnitArray: %2", missionName, H8_dragUnitArray];

Result:

"Co52_AltisTotalWar_1_14: console -> H8_dragUnitArray: [b Alpha 1-1:1 (Headless-Client) REMOTE,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,5371a040# 1813611: invisibleman.p3d REMOTE,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,B Alpha 3-2:1 REMOTE,B Alpha 3-2:2 REMOTE,B Alpha 3-3:1 REMOTE,B Alpha 3-3:2 REMOTE,B Alpha 4-1:1 REMOTE,B Alpha 4-1:2 REMOTE,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,53664080# 1813621: invisibleman.p3d REMOTE,<NULL-object>,B Bravo 1-2:1 REMOTE,B Bravo 1-3:1 REMOTE,B Bravo 2-1:1 REMOTE,B Bravo 2-2:1 REMOTE,B Bravo 2-3:1 REMOTE,B Bravo 2-3:2 REMOTE,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,O Delta 1-1:1 REMOTE,O Delta 1-1:1 REMOTE,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<N[/code]

Command:
[code]diag_log format ["%1: console -> H8_increments: %2", missionName, H8_increments];

Result:

"Co52_AltisTotalWar_1_14: console -> H8_increments: 545"

So it's not removing any units that get cleaned up (my mission removes bodies after a few hours anyway) i.e <NULL-object> from the PV'd H8_dragUnitArray therefore the array increases in size exponentially over time.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Is it possible to change the elevation? when dragging the bodies its above my head but all players/enemies are 5 elevation up and think its adding 5 more elevation up i could be wrong but, I think that's what is happening.

Didn't read all the comments, just a heads up. In the video while dragging you had PO7 at the top right of screen but really you had the SR, so you might want to have the player switch back to primary wep first then drag. If thats not normal/already solved.

Great script, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Just one question, if I want to be able to load more than one body to one vehicle which lines should I tweak?

Thanks

Hi all, please help me!

this script have a bug, the players can drag the body when de player or AI is still alive, well, I want that only can drag the body when this is died.

Someone can fix this bug please? for only drag when the AI or player is dead in server dedicated.

Thanks for read, cya.

Thanks for making this. One improvement would be the speed. I know it's tough to drag someone but the speed is just a bit too slow.

Hi, nice work. However it don't work with other player on dedicated server. It work only with IA. It s my error?

Hello, Hello, I'm looking for a script that allows you to drag people who are on the ground. I came across this site and I applied the scripts in my mission, but it doesn't work. I have to spend longtime to looking for the problem and I still can't find.
I'm
 desperate.
Can
 you help me with a simple tutorial for my server? Because I'm lost.

Thank you :)

We haven't tried to drag bodies for a couple months of so, but it worked back then and did not work tonight.  If I figure out what to do to get it working, I'll post it here.

-Doc

Hello !

The script work for me great. But using mission with spawning AI won't make it run.

Sorry I don't know script, but want to ask if it possible adding the ability to drag body on spawn AI (like Ravage Mod)

Thank you

Hey,

I have noticed a small issue with the script. It appears that everything works fine up to the point where a player uses a virtual arsenal.

I have created a scenario, assigned a virtual arsenal script to one of the boxes, applied the script and launched. After launching the mission I can drag bodies normally but if I enter the Virtual Arsenal and quit it, the option to drag bodies disappears.

Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but worth a shot!

Cheers,

Adam

Gadzooks!

Good catch. I'll have to check this out. Been having issues for months now with the addAction disappearing as well. I always figured it was a mod conflict on my end. I'll have to re-examine this when I get time.

Hopefully bangabob can respond and get this fixed. Although, I believe I tried to even wait until well after we all used the VA to run this Script, and it still removes the drag menu. I can't remember. I'll check again this weekend.

You may have found a clue...

So this allows players to drag deads. Does it allow them to drag incapacitateds? ie , players awaiting revive?

Is there any way to make this work in AltisLife with incapacitated units? I cant find any line in the script where there is anything mentioned about the player actually being dead

12 hours ago, jonipetteri said:

Anyone got this working in MP?

The author probably. Code is his. He said JIP/MP/SP/Dedicated compatible

• Like 1

Hi

Guys, What I have to do to script work only on dead units. I don't wont to script work on lives units or work only one side for example civilians?

Hey bangabob,

I hope you still reading this!

I want to use your script for playable units on my server

null = playableUnits execVM "Scripts\H8_dragBody.sqf";

but unfortunately its not working properly. It only shows the drag option on wounded or dead bodies that initially started with the mission,  if respawned, there is no drag action menu for the new body. Additionally executing the script from onPlayerRespawn.sqf doesnt fix the problem, it only gives two identical action menu entries for initial players due to how my initial respawn is setup. Do you have any advice?

• Like 1