ruthberg

ATragMX - Handheld ballistics calculator

I will change it, if you can prove that the real ATragMX does it differently.

For reference: https://www.horusvision.com/download/manual_Horus_ATrag-v385.pdf

i know that Ruthberg i dont talk about what atragmx is i talk about what is efficient there is a new kestral that have ballistics calculator inside it where you dont have to put wind

and andriod apps or ios that give me that ability and also web sites so why do we stay with the original atragmx and make it harder on us consder it a new version

i like your mod and that what i m thinking

Edited by macfifa
mistake

I can understand your desire to make it more accurate/convenient. But I would like to keep it close to the real device.

On a side note: You can get very accurate results if you feed pure crosswind values into the ATragMX (WS - measured crosswind; WD - 3 or 9).

I can understand your desire to make it more accurate/convenient. But I would like to keep it close to the real device.

On a side note: You can get very accurate results if you feed pure crosswind values into the ATragMX (WS - measured crosswind; WD - 3 or 9).

I tried you advice but the kestral4500 give me wrong cross value

when i but my self on 90 degree from the wind it should give me full cross wind(that what i m understanding) but kestral give me 0 value or close to zero

I tried to use set direction buttun and also it give me zero (quote :crosswind / headwind main menu page, click the middle button to set your reference heading)

i dont know if it works like that or it is abug

If you put yourself at a 90 degree angle to the wind you won't be able to measure any wind.

For wind measurements:

- When you are on the crosswind / headwind main menu page, click the middle button to set your reference heading

- Make sure to turn into the wind for wind speed measurements

The steps required to measure crosswind are:

• Go to the crosswind page
  • Turn towards the target
  • Set reference heading
  • (Stand up, make sure you have an unobstructed line of sight towards the wind
  • Turn into the wind
  • Read the crosswind value
  • Correct for possible measuring errors (depending on your location)

Hello all, hello Ruthberg,

because i don't like the arcade zeroing system vanilla, i'm making a small addon for a accurate and unique zeroing at 100 meter.

for exemple, the M320 with the LRPS have his 100m zeroed with a discreteDistance = 235

With this way, i have a good and correct result with my own ballistic table

but with the AtragMx, if i "enter" a ZR = 100, it's out,

i need to "enter" something like 200 or more for a equivalent result.

I don't know if you, or somebody else, have this problem,

i use only a vanilla ArmA3 with the last "no ACE3" AB, Atrag, kestrel (and CBA), that's all.

About ACE3, i just tried it quickly and i'm very impressed by the new version of your AtragMx.

Have you planned to update your "stand alone" ballistic mod for the "no banana" users, please ?

As usual, my apologies for my bad english, have a good day.:)

When you use discreteDistance = 235 then you also have to use a zero of 235m in the ATragMX?

Which profile to use for the Mar-10 .338? Is there a gun preset already for this? Using ace?

I need some help, I accidentally removed a gun from the ATragMX, how can I get the default gunlist back?

(okay I think I've gotten it back, just by manually re-entering it from data gathered from a clan-mate... but I'd still like to know how to get the gunlist back, if possible)

Edit again: Not fixed. Anyone know how to get the ACE3 gunlist back?

Edited by TigrisJK

Is there any reason for this AtragMX implementation to not calculate spin drift, Coriolis and Eötvös effect? The formulaes are actually pretty simple to use, and the interface already have fields for the user data input required. Or maybe it is planned to be done in a near future.

It's a real pain in the a** having to user a 3rd party software to do this.

Thanks!

Ruthberg said:
When you use discreteDistance = 235 then you also have to use a zero of 235m in the ATragMX?

Hi Ruthberg and sorry for the delay.

No, i don't use 235 for the ZR in the AtragMx because it's not my effective distance zeroed, it's 100 meter.

I made some tests few weeks ago, i'm not sure that help you but just for sharing.

- Objective of the test : effective and accurate zeroing 100 meter for the M32O / LRPS : "Réglage initial 100 mètre : point visé, point touché".

- Conditions of the test :

• last ArmA3 vanilla and last "no ACE3" AB, Kestrel, AtragMx.
  • map test : 360 Degree Training Course v1.3 on the VR Map.
  • Rifle and scope : vanilla M320 / LRPS : second zoom 25x only, the first is not centered correctly.
  • 4 little .pbo made by me, just for this test : ab_deployedprone_norecoil / ab_deployedprone_nosaw / ab_nodispersion / ab_zeroing100m 

- Screenshot : zeroing 100m = target range 100m, turrets 0 -> discreteDistance = 100

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/716416477459133918/303246C6FFB654A13D1F4103DDEF2FF5B7419250/

- Screenshot : zeroing 100m = target range 100m, turret elevation 0.8, hit center -> discreteDistance = 100

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/716416477459140102/9EB2C07451BC2AF6D5F1CEFB197EF23454F71E6B/

- Screenshot : "réglage initial 100 mètre : point visé, point touché" : zeroing 100m = target range 100m, turrets 0, hit center -> discreteDistance = 235

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/716416477458962516/B4090B46C48417E61017C9E14E40740110B00618/

I made it for each sniper and marksman rifles equipped with LRPS / AMS / KHS and KHS_old,

but i don't know how manage it on a unique .pbo,

each rifle have got his own "discretedistance" for a 100m zeroed.

For exemple : discreteDistance = 215 for the Mk14 silenced but 365 for the Lynx (APDS ammo).

I hope my post understandable, have a nice day.

I need some help, I accidentally removed a gun from the ATragMX, how can I get the default gunlist back?
Delete all gun profiles and restart the mission.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Is there any reason for this AtragMX implementation to not calculate spin drift, Coriolis and Eötvös effect?
The ACE3 ATragMX does it already. However, no guarantee that I will port it back.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

@J3aLeiNe, you need to press 'Enter' (while the cursor is in the zero range input field) to confirm the newly entered zero range.

@J3aLeiNe, you need to press 'Enter' (while the cursor is in the zero range input field) to confirm the newly entered zero range.

I know that Ruthberg, could you take a look on the screenshots, please ?

The problem is not really the ZR on the AtragMX and his table. The problem is the ZR in-game because it's just bad and not accurate (first screenshot), same with ACE3.

Do you think that is possible to have a true and accurate 100m zeroing in-game (third screenshot but with a "discreteDistance = 100") ?

Advanced Ballistics standalone allows you to fine-tune your zero:

- Default keys for scope zero adjustment are (CTRL+SHIFT+UP, CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN)

I guess no answer for why the numbers on the display are not displaying correctly

I know that too, Ruthberg.

For the LRPS for exemple, the discreteDistance begins at 300 and finishes at 2300 (same for the AMS and the KHS),

it's completely useless because it doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your answers, i don't like ACE3 but best wishes for your contributions on this.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I guess no answer for why the numbers on the display are not displaying correctly

Have you tried a another INTERFACE SIZE on your VIDEO OPTIONS ?

I know that too, Ruthberg.

For the LRPS for exemple, the discreteDistance begins at 300 and finishes at 2300 (same for the AMS and the KHS),

it's completely useless because it doesn't solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your answers, i don't like ACE3 but best wishes for your contributions on this.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Have you tried a another INTERFACE SIZE on your VIDEO OPTIONS ?

Yes that was the first thing I did. Its not in my video or resolution or interface settings. tried all possible combinations and same outcome

Can someone explain what causes numbers not to display correctly on atragMX?

http://i.imgur.com/TP7e1PM.jpg (230 kB)

Sorry for the late response.

However I'm not able to reproduce your issue. That's what I get, when I use your resolution of 1600x900 (aspect ratio 16:9):

http://abload.de/img/arma3op_2015_06_01_155nufm.jpg (115 kB)

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Do you think that is possible to have a true and accurate 100m zeroing in-game (third screenshot but with a "discreteDistance = 100") ?
That is not possible, because discreteDistance is based on vanilla- not advanced ballistics.

That is not possible, because discreteDistance is based on vanilla- not advanced ballistics.

Exactly Ruthberg, so i don't understand why you use a discreteDistance = 100 for the sniper rifles in ACE3.

In ACE3, all tables (AtragMx and Rangecards) are calibrated with a "100 = 0" but it's wrong, 100m is not the zero.

Back to the second of my three screenshots, please :

(based on the AB standalone but it's the same with ACE 3.0.1, AB module enabled)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/716416477459140102/9EB2C07451BC2AF6D5F1CEFB197EF23454F71E6B/

Target range 100m, discreteDistance 100m, my bullet on the center of my reticle, turret elevation 0.8 : it can't be "100m = zero".

As the real life, a accurate zeroing is very important because it's the referential, the origin of our table.

If the zeroing is wrong, all the table is wrong and a "discreteDistance = 100m" is not really a good idea.

It will be the same for the next version of ACE3 ?

I have to add to J3aLeiNe observations that I have to adjust 0.5 mils of elevation to get a 100 zero with the Cheytac (and an MPLD). Enviromental conditions were 25.6 ºC, 49.50% and 1012.8 Hpa

The zeroing seems to be broken in vanilla Arma 3 ... I will investigate this further, but it's definitely a new issue and not related to any 3rd party mods.

Completely agree with you.

I don't have your knowledge but the only way which i found to correct this, it's a deal with my friend discreteDistance like this :

class optic_LRPS : ItemCore {

class ItemInfo : InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F {

class OpticsModes {
			class Snip {
				discreteDistance[] = {100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170, 175, 180, 185, 190, 195, 200, 205, 210, 215, 220, 225, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250, 255, 260, 265, 270, 275, 280, 285, 290, 295, 300, 305, 310, 315, 320, 325, 330, 335, 340, 345, 350, 355, 360, 365, 370, 375, 380, 385, 390, 395, 400};
				discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;
			};
		};
	};
};

It's not a problem for me but, sadly, it's not a easy way for a "casual" gamer

because this system requires to do a 100m zeroed for each sniper rifles with their different ammo and silencer.

So, i don't know if it's really "playable" and a good solution ...

Have you some news for us about this please ?

Bit of a question... I have been playing around with (and someone else brought this up as well on Youtube) atmospheric info and they appear at the moment to make no difference to the final calculation. I've tried screwing it up by changing between -40 and 26 degree temperatures, changing the barometric pressure, etc, and it's not giving my any difference in the final calculation. Is it broken? Am I doing something wrong? Many thanks.