ruthberg

ATragMX - Handheld ballistics calculator

Hi Ruthberg.

ATragMX stopped working, dont calculated(value C1 empty) . Im do not played 1 month, it was all good. Tell me what to do ?

p.s.

@advancedballistics, @atragmx and @kestrel4500 updated to last versions.

Edited by dobryi_33rus

Hi Ruthberg.

ATragMX stopped working, dont calculated(value C1 empty) . Im do not played 1 month, it was all good. Tell me what to do ?

p.s.

@advancedballistics, @atragmx and @kestrel4500 updated to last versions.

fixed the problem))))

I used not last versions. (rely on "Play-withSIX").

I like using addon guns.

How can i get a ballistic coefficient and muzzle velocity of the gun from mod to input it in this device?

And congratulations for making great addon. I always wanted such thing in ArmA series. Now its time for mortar advanced ballistics + MBC :-)

You can use any mission from the 360 Degree Training Course pack to measure bullet velocities by shooting steel targets.

Then you modify the BC until the trajectory matches (the range cards remaining velocity output equals the measured velocity for a given distance).

You can use any mission from the 360 Degree Training Course pack to measure bullet velocities by shooting steel targets.

Then you modify the BC until the trajectory matches (the range cards remaining velocity output equals the measured velocity for a given distance).

Is there any better (easier) way to do it?

Is there any way to explore weapon configs to get bullet friction?

I previously contacted you on PM, but for reference I`d like to keep it here in case others run into the same problem.

How can we get bore height and other important things on weapons not directly supported by your mod?

Is there a way to get this? :)

Using the Mil-Dot system in the Atrag, I`m assuming we have to input in yards rather than meters?

I keep missing elevation with about 1.5 mils, far below my target at 600 meters (Some 660 yards from what I remember).

And so when I write this into the Cur values, to try and get the AtragMX onto better thoughts so it can change the cards for this weapon & caliber, when I hit Update or Calc it just slaps it back to what it thinks is correct and my impudence be damned.. :p

Edited by ToreDL87

How can we get bore height and other important things on weapons not directly supported by your mod?

Is there a way to get this? :)

I don't know how to get accurate bore height information for rifle / scope combinations in the game. But that should not be a real problem. Just stick with the default bore height of 1.5 inches.
Using the Mil-Dot system in the Atrag, I`m assuming we have to input in yards rather than meters?
The ATrag can handle both English and Metric units of measure. You can toggle between the two system by pressing one of the push buttons in the top right corner ('E' for English and 'M' for Metric). A detailed description can be found in the manual on page 10.
I keep missing elevation with about 1.5 mils, far below my target at 600 meters (Some 660 yards from what I remember).

And so when I write this into the Cur values, to try and get the AtragMX onto better thoughts so it can change the cards for this weapon & caliber, when I hit Update or Calc it just slaps it back to what it thinks is correct and my impudence be damned.. :p

The "Relative Click Memory" feature is described in the manual on page 18. It is meant to be used when you have to engage multiple targets in the same area.

Hi, Ruthberg! Thx for the great mod!

In this video I noticed that you change 'Muzzle velocity' option. Where'd you get this value? I thought they are all constant for each caliber (in the "Gun Column").

When I launch the 360 map (Which can only be done via multiplayer and creating server), I cant choose the weapons in my mods, and there are zero targets around, none.

I try to use the LEA in order to edit the weapon loadout, but since my mods are stored in PlayWithSix mods folder, the LEA cant find the mods (Which it thinks is in Arma3 folder).

Tried extracting the 360 pbo so I could play it in single player with map editor, but still no targets around, so it`s bugged/not working and since I cannot use addon weapons with it on top of all these problems, its useless.

Sorry Ruthberg :(

Managed to find a way around all this though, I adjust the mils in the scope scope to where the bullets land in elevation, then I note how many mils the scope is adjusted at, then I adjust Muzzle Velocity in AtragMX until the AtragMX shows the same amount of mils in elevation as the scope is dialed in for, then save gun profile :)

When I launch the 360 map (Which can only be done via multiplayer and creating server)
The 360 Degree Training Course is a singleplayer mission. The .pbo file needs to be in ...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions\

You can then launch it from the main menu via Play -> Scenarios -> ...

Yeah tried that, but no go, and even IF it worked I still cannot get the weapons I need into it etc because its a locked mission and LEA cant access it so I can add weapon addons, sry but its broken, has no function.

Edited by ToreDL87

Hey, I've been messing with Advanced Ballistics, ATragMX and the Kestrel4500 for the past couple of hours and I'm loving everything about them, however, I'm just getting this one pretty bad bug:

Whatever I do, I can't seem to calculate the wind deflection, no matter what input values I use.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or do I seem to be doing something wrong? I'm using AGM as well so I tried to see if removing agm_ballistics.pbo and agm_wind.pbo would fix it, but nope.

Versions:

Kestrel4500: v1.2

AdvancedBallistics: v2.5

ATragMX: v0.9

Thanks,

Sean

Edited by TSean

well, as i understand it (and i am really no pro in this mod, so i could be wrong), in your example the wind is coming from your 12 oclock, wich means that there is no deflection to the sides. i never had the problem that atragmx didnt take the wind in account, so that is the only explaination i can think of...

well, as i understand it (and i am really no pro in this mod, so i could be wrong), in your example the wind is coming from your 12 oclock, wich means that there is no deflection to the sides. i never had the problem that atragmx didnt take the wind in account, so that is the only explaination i can think of...

I tested with different crosswinds from various directions and such, so that can't be it :\

different target distances? try a distance of about 1000m and if it still does not change, i am out of ideas and you might wanny wait till ruthberg (or someone else) is here to help...

different target distances? try a distance of about 1000m and if it still does not change, i am out of ideas and you might wanny wait till ruthberg (or someone else) is here to help...

Nope, it doesn't work, regardless of the distance. Thanks for the help though :)

EDIT: Apparently it just doesn't work in the editor, but works fine when on a server. Sorry, amazing addon. Keep up the great work

Edited by TSean

The ATragMX will only take your WS (wind speed) and WD (wind direction) input into account when used together with AdvancedBallistics. The output should always be exactly the same, no matter if used in Singleplayer, Multiplayer or in the Editor.

I tested with different crosswinds from various directions and such, so that can't be it :\
Did you change the WD input field accordingly? Edited by Ruthberg

The ATragMX will only take your WS (wind speed) and WD (wind direction) input into account when used together with AdvancedBallistics. The output should always be exactly the same, no matter if used in Singleplayer, Multiplayer or in the Editor.

Did you change the WD input field accordingly?

Yeah. I've rebooted my PC since last time I tried it and everything seems to be working fine now. I don't know what the issue was but all's good now. Sorry for filling up the previous page.

I have a quick question though, will the coriolis effect vary per map? For example, Thirsk (Finland) is on the northern hemisphere, so it should deflect to the right, where Lingor is near the equator, and shouldn't experience much of the effect (I think).

I have a quick question though, will the coriolis effect vary per map?
Yes it will, but only if the map is supported by the mod. Otherwise a default latitude of 50 is assumed. Thirsk and Lingor are not yet supported.

Currently supported maps are:

Altis, Stratis, Fallujah, F.A.T.A, Abbottabad, Wamako, Sturko, Bornholm, Imrali, Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad

You can also change the latitude on-the-fly by modifying the global variable AB_Latitude

(e.g. AB_Latitude = -20).

Edited by Ruthberg

Yes it will, but only if the map is supported by the mod. Otherwise a default latitude of 50 is assumed. Thirsk and Lingor are not yet supported.

Currently supported maps are:

Altis, Stratis, Fallujah, F.A.T.A, Abbottabad, Wamako, Sturko, Bornholm, Imrali, Chernarus, Takistan, Zargabad

You can also change the latitude on-the-fly by modifying the global variable AB_Latitude

(e.g. AB_Latitude = -20).

That is insane! Keep up the great work. I can't wait for further updates.