skruis

Athena - An ARMA 2nd Screen Application

wtf am i doing wrong. ??? :yell:

i imported this map png for Kunduz map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru0n8oeqqxv3aaa/Kunduz.png?dl=0

and as map hight and width i took 5120...

when i am ingame the athena Desktop tells me i am at grid G:039044 and that is correct.

But in the athena Desktop map i am at the upper right corner g:000020 and all amrkers are missing.

the map in the athena Desktop only goes from g000000 bottom left to g020020 top right corner....

something must be wrong with the width and hight

pls help

Vaikless: In your My Documents\Athena\Maps\Kuduz folder, there should be a map.txt. Can you paste the contents into this thread?

Here's mine:

Name=Kunduz

GameHeight=5124

GameWidth=5129

ImageHeight=5129

ImageWidth=5124

Name=Kunduz_Final

GameHeight=113212

GameWidth=8338

ImageHeight=5129

ImageWidth=5124

oh... can i change the values in this .txt to yours and than it could work?

Vaik: Yep. I'm not sure where you got the 113212 and the 8338 from but yes, go ahead and use my values and you should be ok.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

And the map name has to match the actual ingame map name. I haven't played Konduz myself but I'm guessing it will just be "Konduz" .. but that's a guess.

It seems to me that the Athena website is down. Will it comeback or is Athena dead?...!

Great tool by the way, I use it almost all the time now.

What?!?! You can't reach www.athenamod.com? The mod is certainly alive ... I've just taken a bit of a deserved break :-)

***Update*** Sorry about that, I was working on a project that involved some IP cams. They triggered the Universal Plug and Play feature of my router and forwarded HTTP to their own internal webserver. It's been corrected. Also, thanks for liking the mod ;-)

Edited by skruis

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for fixing it bro.

Yea, no worries. And as far as Athena goes, there's some cool things in the pipeline ;-)

Trying to use the windows 8 app on my surface i cannot seem to connect to the server and view the map any info on what I am missing?

Mike: The Windows 8 app depended on a server side mod that saw 0 uptake and so the mod/app was redeveloped as a client side solution and it's seen much more success. The Windows 8 app was never updated for the new architecture and is horribly out of date. I apologize for that. I, like you, am a Surface user and I'm really excited for Windows 10. When 10 comes out, the Windows 8 app will be dropped, the 7 desktop app will be feature locked and I'll put all my effort into a Universal App for Windows 10. I hope that you're ok using the Windows 7 desktop app for now. I know it's not ideal but it includes 'ink' support that will allow you to draw on the screen using your stylus.

Can I use the windows 7 client the same way? I can only run 1 4k display right now so I cannot use the application on the same computer.

Absolutely. You can 'share' the data from the mod and connect to that shared folder from the Surface. Do you know how to setup a shared folder and connect to it over your home network?

Posted a brief video of some of the upcoming marker functionality. Work in progress but you get to see roughly how it's going to work.

• Like 1

That is very cool indeed. I love your work.

The upcoming changes are looking great!

Thanks for the continuing development and the awesome support you give everyone *thumbs up*

By the way, maybe it could be useful to be able to zoom in & out from ingame with two hotkeys, instead of ALT-TABing out of the game? I know, again, from a pilots point of view that would be useful.

But, how to find a unused key combo that is not used by the game or any of the major mods, could be challenging...

It's just a thought and should not be on top of your list. If you think it's a good idea, let me know and I could look for available key combos.

Thanks Rawhide! I hadn't considered a hotkey. That's a great idea! I never liked that ARMA freezes when you alt-tab out...at least it does for me so not having to focus on another window could be a huge help. Hotkeys for zoom in, zoom out, toggle tracking would be great. I'll add it to the list and of course, the hot key combo's would be configurable.

Hey guys, I got a few requests to post a video going over the map export/import process so I posted a video that tries to show how the process works...

Hi.

Skruis great idea and thx for work but...

We (players) cant use it in PvP or Tvt battles becouse on Your map we can see all markers. I mean I can see a markers (positions) of another side. Its no fair game then :)

Maybe You can fix it?

Cheers, [PAC] VOY

www.arma-mace.com

Hey Skruis, are you still developing Athena?

Yes, I had to take a break from ARMA in general due to issues with my wife's health but I'll be returning to ARMA and Athena very soon.

Hi.

Skruis great idea and thx for work but...

We (players) cant use it in PvP or Tvt battles becouse on Your map we can see all markers. I mean I can see a markers (positions) of another side. Its no fair game then :)

Maybe You can fix it?

Cheers, [PAC] VOY

www.arma-mace.com

Voy, I'm surprised by that. I hadn't run into that issue myself. Is it between all sides (east/west/guer/civ)?

Sorry for the late reply btw - the forum had previously alerted me when this thread was updated but perhaps with the switch to the newer format, the notification settings were lost.

Started back on development today and I noticed that BattleEye is blocking the extension. I'll look into getting that fixed. Sry for the wait.